Just received my 3 KEYones from Telus. All of them have the July 5th update.

Where is the August let alone the September one since it is now the 20th?

My former KEYᵒⁿᵉ (CrackBerry Meet Vancouver draw prize) officially died when my screen succumbed to the screenlift of death and after following "Jerry Rig's" tip in using double sided tape to hold it back in place, the screen didn't respond to touch any longer eventhough it was all bright and picture perfect.

That OEM unlocked CrackBerry Meet KEYᵒⁿᵉ was always up to date which had the September patch.

Unfortunately for my 3 Telus KEYones...they're all stuck with July and with this Blueborne issue already addressed with the Sept update, what's with Telus taking so damn long?

I'm hoping for BlackBerry Mobile to have direct download links for the latest OS/security patch applicable for your specific model DTEK50/60, KEYᵒⁿᵉ and other models as they're released.

This way...screw the carrier "testing" BS and just allow us the user, to download on our own accord so that BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile stay true to the "Monthly Patches" will be up to date selling point blah, blah, blah...
    09-20-17 12:05 PM
    Just received my 3 KEYones from Telus. All of them have the July 5th update.

Where is the August let alone the September one since it is now the 20th?

My former KEYᵒⁿᵉ (CrackBerry Meet Vancouver draw prize) officially died when my screen succumbed to the screenlift of death and after following "Jerry Rig's" tip in using double sided tape to hold it back in place, the screen didn't respond to touch any longer eventhough it was all bright and picture perfect.

That OEM unlocked CrackBerry Meet KEYᵒⁿᵉ was always up to date which had the September patch.

Unfortunately for my 3 Telus KEYones...they're all stuck with July and with this Blueborne issue already addressed with the Sept update, what's with Telus taking so damn long?

I'm hoping for BlackBerry Mobile to have direct download links for the latest OS/security patch applicable for your specific model DTEK50/60, KEYᵒⁿᵉ and other models as they're released.

This way...screw the carrier "testing" BS and just allow us the user, to download on our own accord so that BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile stay true to the "Monthly Patches" will be up to date selling point blah, blah, blah...
    But BlackBerry Mobile has an arrangement with Telus, that requires them to acquiesce to carrier testing.
    09-20-17 12:12 PM
    But BlackBerry Mobile has an arrangement with Telus, that requires them to acquiesce to carrier testing.
    Yeah I remember when my Dad's Telus BlackBerry Leap wasn't up to date...i downloaded the latest autoloader via this website and voila!

All working well, no issues with the phone and his phone was up to date without all the carrier "testing" BS. Both my parents have OEM Factory unlocked DTEK60s courtesy of my wife and I now being on KEYONES.

Now waiting for the Sept update for their DTEK60s is again another story.

Again it would be so much easier to give the option to download autoloaders to keep up to date but with a note clearly saying if you do this to a carrier locked unit..."you do so at your own risk"
    09-20-17 01:55 PM
    Yeah I remember when my Dad's Telus BlackBerry Leap wasn't up to date...i downloaded the latest autoloader via this website and voila!

All working well, no issues with the phone and his phone was up to date without all the carrier "testing" BS. Both my parents have OEM Factory unlocked DTEK60s courtesy of my wife and I now being on KEYONES.

Again it would be so much easier to give to option to download autoloader to keep up to date but with risk saying if you do this to carrier locked unit..."you do so at your own risk"
    Sure, but all of that was unofficial.

They were obtained by 3rd party apps accessing the BlackBerry servers.

It seems a lot of progress is being made doing the same with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the BlackBerry Mobile server.
    09-20-17 01:58 PM
    Crossing fingers...that we'll see those up to date 3rd party KEYᵒⁿᵉ autoloaders soon to address this Blueborne Bluetooth issue.
    09-20-17 02:04 PM
    Crossing fingers...that we'll see those up to date 3rd party KEYᵒⁿᵉ autoloaders soon to address this Blueborne Bluetooth issue.
    There is a way to do the OTA update now.

http://wiki.mbirth.de/know-how/hardw...-variants.html
    09-20-17 02:13 PM
    looks busy
    09-20-17 02:45 PM

Again it would be so much easier to give the option to download autoloaders to keep up to date but with a note clearly saying if you do this to a carrier locked unit..."you do so at your own risk"
    That wasn't BlackBerry, that was the user base. The only autoloaders BlackBerry officially provided for BB10 were the developer autoloaders that trip up people who can't/don't read.

As for the Android phones, the Privs and DTEKs have autoloaders available but BlackBerry loves to dawdle in updating what they have. For the KEYone, there is no official method. Unofficially, there's your choice of the mobile upgrade tool (which TCL published for about a day), which downloads autoloader files to your PC and loads them. Or unofficial autoloaders, which are made from taking the files that the mobile upgrade tool downloads, packaging them to work on multiple devices, and reuploading. Or, more recently, the manual OTA update method, which is kind of like Sachesi from the old days but done entirely on-device. But, technically, there are no official methods to reload/manually update a KEYone.
    09-20-17 02:50 PM