I know the Classic will not have issues with phone calls and texts but just wanted to see how these following apps/usage is in 2017.

Web Browsing / Gmail
    YouTube Access
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pandora or similar for streaming

Just ordered a classic, case and charging pad for really cheap and hoping the above usage will still be fine. Really miss the physical keyboard. I know BBOS10 is kind of dead or crawling at best as far as updates etc but if the above tasks work and will keep working for awhile I'll be fine. Thank you in advance!

Ryan
    09-20-17 09:54 AM
    I am currently using a Classic and, while I plan to upgrade soon, it manages to cover the basics.

Web Browsing / Gmail - Most websites I use on a regular basis work fine. Using the trackpad to bring up a mouse pointer to click on links is super handy. Gmail works fine in the browser.

YouTube Access - I watch YouTube videos via the browser regularly. Works great.

Facebook - Facebook works fine in a browser. There are third-party native apps you can download like Face10, but they are generally lacking in polish and features.

Twitter - The official Twitter app is outdated, but still works. You can also use Twitter in the browser. I use a third party Twitter client called Blaq that works great for me and has more features that the official app does not.

Pandora or similar for streaming - if you are willing to be adventurous and install Android apps, you should be able to get Pandora. I personally don't use it, so I can't say for sure. I use the TuneIn Radio app from BlackBerry World a lot and it works great.

The keyboard, for me, is the crown jewel of this device. Sooooo good.
    09-20-17 10:39 AM
    I am currently using a Classic and, while I plan to upgrade soon, it manages to cover the basics.

Web Browsing / Gmail - Most websites I use on a regular basis work fine. Using the trackpad to bring up a mouse pointer to click on links is super handy. Gmail works fine in the browser.

YouTube Access - I watch YouTube videos via the browser regularly. Works great.

Facebook - Facebook works fine in a browser. There are third-party native apps you can download like Face10, but they are generally lacking in polish and features.

Twitter - The official Twitter app is outdated, but still works. You can also use Twitter in the browser. I use a third party Twitter client called Blaq that works great for me and has more features that the official app does not.

Pandora or similar for streaming - if you are willing to be adventurous and install Android apps, you should be able to get Pandora. I personally don't use it, so I can't say for sure. I use the TuneIn Radio app from BlackBerry World a lot and it works great.

The keyboard, for me, is the crown jewel of this device. Sooooo good.
    Thank you for the detailed response. Will the Gmail account work in the system like it use to or only via the web now. Twitter usage is basic so that should be fine.

PS What are you upgrading to?
    09-20-17 10:46 AM
    Thank you for the detailed response. Will the Gmail account work in the system like it use to or only via the web now. Twitter usage is basic so that should be fine.

PS What are you upgrading to?
    The Gmail account will work in the Hub and will integrate with your contacts and calendar just fine.

I will most likely be upgrading to a Priv.

I want better app support. But the Classic has reminded me how much I absolutely love the BlackBerry physical keyboard. But I refuse to spend more than $300 on a smartphone. So Priv it is!
    09-20-17 10:52 AM
    The Gmail account will work in the Hub and will integrate with your contacts and calendar just fine.

I will most likely be upgrading to a Priv.

I want better app support. But the Classic has reminded me how much I absolutely love the BlackBerry physical keyboard. But I refuse to spend more than $300 on a smartphone. So Priv it is!
    I had a Classic before jumping to the PRIV. I had two email accounts - Gmail for work and a personal email. No issues at all with Gmail integrating with the hub, etc. Just worked well.
    09-20-17 11:53 AM
    Thanks for that. Hoping my usage will be fine with current state of BBOS.
    09-20-17 04:44 PM
    Thanks for that. Hoping my usage will be fine with current state of BBOS.
    It sounds like you will be happy with it. I absolutely love the keyboard. My thumbs are in heaven.

Posted from my  Classic
    09-20-17 05:43 PM
    Glad to hear. Should be arriving tomorrow or following at latest :-) .
    09-20-17 08:04 PM
    Hello guys iam looking to Buy one.
    Never had a cell before not sure who to sign with talus Ect
    I live in Toronto Ont price not a problem
    p.s I been playing around with BB 9900 I like the keyboard
    i know the BB key one,, the keys are not same,they. are flat .
    i was thinking switching B B Bold keys with. key One
    09-21-17 10:33 AM
    The Classic still rocks. Its features are very unique. If you don't Android-poison it, battery life is good enough to get you through the day.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-21-17 10:42 AM
    I fore got were. can i buy one?
    god i. hate this the touch screen. the. keys keep doubeeing see. Double up
    yes beffore. you say jokes about no cell
    ii was youse computer when we yoused DOS.SO ON
    BB was how we talked Builten Bords Have to stop trying to type on this screen
    sorry guys thiis took for ever
    SORRY
    09-21-17 10:48 AM
    Well that was short lived. Hardware still looks and feels great! With that said the internal hardware and abysmal app support is definitely the downside. It's been awhile since using a classic and BBOS so I think part of it was remembering how good it was back then. Slow boot, launching apps, having to side load even more then ever etc. Even the internal apps felt slow.

Maybe I'll check out a keyone in the future. It will be awhile as I usually won't spend a ton on a phone. Good memories of BBOS but for now I'll be sticking with my ZTE Blade running Android 7.1.1.
    09-22-17 06:28 AM
    Well that was short lived. Hardware still looks and feels great! With that said the internal hardware and abysmal app support is definitely the downside. It's been awhile since using a classic and BBOS so I think part of it was remembering how good it was back then. Slow boot, launching apps, having to side load even more then ever etc. Even the internal apps felt slow.

Maybe I'll check out a keyone in the future. It will be awhile as I usually won't spend a ton on a phone. Good memories of BBOS but for now I'll be sticking with my ZTE Blade running Android 7.1.1.
    I always try to give phones at least 2 weeks of continuous use before rushing to any judgements. That said, the Classic doesn't do everything I need, either, so I will probably be upgrading to a Priv or other Android phone soon.

Posted from my  Classic
    09-22-17 07:23 PM
    I switched from Iphone 7+ to BB Classic Q20. App wise I only wish Onstar remote link worked. I get wink and Arlo through the play store. The hub and keyboard is what I like. The phone feels good, looks good and carries easily.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-26-17 02:52 PM
    It's a glorious basic phone, indeed. Especially now with the ART getting more and more unstable. Voice, call, text, and signal quality are very good, plus great email capabilities, but that's just about it. And when whatsapp support really dead by the end of December 2017, it'll literally be a glorified basic phone. Just a tad better than the BBOS phones. It's sad, really. I honestly love BB10 and HATE RIM for destroying it.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 09-27-17 at 10:16 AM.
    09-26-17 06:02 PM
    I am using a Moto as my main right now, but the calendar and gmail work far better on BB10.

I'm thinking I am going to use the BB10 as my main and hotspot the steaming from the Moto.
    09-27-17 09:52 AM
    I'll prob buy a few more classics (new) once the dust has settled...

the phone is great looks great feels expensive... but my god blackberry really screwed up on this one in other ways.
    09-27-17 06:23 PM
    SuperTube is great. Blaq is awesome. And iGrannPro is amazing for Instagram.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    09-27-17 08:17 PM
    I got a KEYone last week, but I'm typing this post on my Classic. I just can't seem to let go of the practicality of this device! It's the best form factor and best keyboard out there for my needs as a basic communicator.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 02:19 PM
    Then enough said. Enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 05:37 PM