Hi All, my DTEK60 has started experiencing battery drain. I am trying to avoid a factory reset so is there anyway to identify apps that i have installed which are NOT from the play store, so i can start by removing them only ? Or any other thoughts to perhaps stop apps running in the back ground ?
    09-12-17 03:56 AM
    Facing the same issue since the last update, Service Center is telling factory reset is the only option.
    09-12-17 06:34 AM
    Mine excessively drains if I am using Bluetooth. was connected to my car, had a 5 minute call and lost 10% in an hour.
    09-12-17 06:48 AM
    factory reset worked for me
    09-12-17 11:28 AM
    getting the same problem, how do you do a factory reset and how do you back everything up first?
    09-12-17 12:23 PM
    With mine I got rid of the battery drain by accident two days ago. I thought I had put the charger in when going to bed, but probably didn't do it right. In the morning the phone was dead. When I restarted it while charging properly, the phone started up indicating the same time I had installed the upgrade on September 5th... And now the battery drainage is much less...
    09-12-17 12:29 PM
    getting the same problem, how do you do a factory reset and how do you back everything up first?
    Security > Backup & Reset > Factory Reset

You will lose everything, just like when you got your phone started first time. If you've turned backup on google account, some of the setting may get back. But its worth if you're experiencing the drain. It solved for me and I hope it does for you too .
    09-12-17 01:25 PM
    does the Google account backup sms etc? I'm not too worried about whatsapp and emails. but the sms has a lot of info on there I need. battery lasts about 6 hours under heavy use for me. used to go all the way through the day until about 9pm.
    09-12-17 01:28 PM
    You can use sms backup App by Carbonite
    09-12-17 01:56 PM
    and make sure you save that backup on sd card or cloud
    moonflyer likes this.
    09-12-17 02:01 PM
    does the Google account backup sms etc? I'm not too worried about whatsapp and emails. but the sms has a lot of info on there I need. battery lasts about 6 hours under heavy use for me. used to go all the way through the day until about 9pm.
    I haven't really tried this, but in theory it should work: use the transfer content app that comes pre installed on DTEK60 as if you were changing phones, using Google's cloud storage to back the data.
    09-12-17 09:21 PM
    Factory reset is such a pain!! You can back up your data, but there are so many adjustments you have to make afterwards 🤔
    moonflyer likes this.
    09-13-17 06:20 AM
    Hi All, my DTEK60 has started experiencing battery drain. I am trying to avoid a factory reset so is there anyway to identify apps that i have installed which are NOT from the play store, so i can start by removing them only ? Or any other thoughts to perhaps stop apps running in the back ground ?
    Turn off automatic updates for apps. Android is always updating apps all the time.

If sync isn't important to you, turn that off too.

Do you put phone into airplane mode ? I have read on this forum there could be an issue regarding this.
    09-14-17 07:12 AM
    Thanks, i don't use airplane mode much tbh, and think my apps only update over wifi and while plugged in...... ideally i would like to remove NON play store apps one by one to see if that has caused the problem but i am not sure how to tell them apart after installation ?
    09-14-17 09:34 AM
    When i had this issue, turning off syncs, disabling Auto update did nothing great. I think it's some kind of os bug which tends to eat battery and the only way to stop is to do a reset. and im not saying that might work for everyone. For me , the battery drain came to 2% from 11% from 11:30pm to 8:00 am. and it lasts whole day now.
    09-14-17 10:42 AM
    And again, same issue .. within 6 days of reset. ..

Also I would like to ask whether you guys have observed

1. If you keep your network on 2G mode and restart the device, it automatically switches to 4G & 3G ?

2. App like Shareit doesn't automatically starts your hotspot for file sharing ? you have to manually do it while other devices do it automatically
    09-17-17 12:39 AM
    My battery was horrible and just did a factory reset. So far so good.
    09-17-17 02:38 PM
    Before factory reset, might want to check the display brightness. Noticed my battery also was going more quickly. Display was culprit eating 18%. I checked brightness and it was firewalled to the highest setting, which I never placed it at but somehow it was set there. Perhaps the last update fiddled with that setting.
    09-17-17 04:55 PM
    I did a full charge, unplugged and left it overnight, it ate 9% . When I checked battery usage, it said phone idle 1% .. I don't understand whats messing with battery ..
    Last edited by mellowjellow; 09-18-17 at 12:13 AM.
    09-17-17 10:41 PM
    I have big battery drain problems with my DTEK60. Sometimes it drains quickly, sometimes it doesn't charge properly. sometimes it shuts down for no reason. Did a factory reset, but battery problems continue.
    09-18-17 04:29 PM
    Factory reset is such a pain!! You can back up your data, but there are so many adjustments you have to make afterwards 🤔
    Going through that now and I still haven't gotten it exactly like I had it pre-factory reset.
    Last edited by bigjman; 09-21-17 at 08:52 AM.
    09-20-17 02:31 PM
    Going through that now and I still Havelock gotten it exactly like I had it pre-factory reset.
    Ditto
    09-20-17 09:05 PM
    my Dtek 60 is draining super fast after the latest security update on Tuesday. I am now trying the 30 second reboot to see if that helps. In half hour down to 72% just from reading emails.
    09-23-17 02:34 PM
    from 'check battery level' see what's consuming the most battery and then restrict its background usage . It will help
    09-24-17 11:05 AM
    I have big battery drain problems with my DTEK60. Sometimes it drains quickly, sometimes it doesn't charge properly. sometimes it shuts down for no reason. Did a factory reset, but battery problems continue.

Can you install AccuBattery app and check your estimated capacity. It's probably way below 3000 mAh. In my case it's 980 mAh. Once I get the new Pixel 2 in my hands I will RMA the DTEK and not going back.
    Last edited by WiseManPL; 09-24-17 at 04:33 PM.
    securityboy likes this.
    09-24-17 04:21 PM
178 123 ...