Nevermind, couldn't wait!
    Tried it and I can confirm Android Pay and other Safetynet protected apps are working fine.

Thanks so much for this autoloader, I finally have a fully functional phone again!
    Think I'll turn auto-updates off to prevent this happening ever again...
    09-09-17 11:44 PM
    Tempted to try, someone with Telus already asked and was told that doing the update on his phone would be ok so I guess that mine who's on Bell should work too.

But here's my question, would that affect something on my phone like enabling it to have the same quick reply update as the unlocked phone instead of having to wait the 2+ weeks from our carriers?

... While I assume the answer is No ... I'm still taking a chance asking the question.
    09-10-17 12:04 AM
    I highly recommend this update. Installed it on my Bell Keyone yesterday and its working great - notifications are back and the battery life is good.

Keep in mind that installing these autoloaders may break the OTA mechanism for our Bell keyones. In order to fix it you need to use the Mobile Update tool to reinstall the offical OS provided through Bell when it eventually comes out.
    09-10-17 12:19 PM
    ... While I assume the answer is No ... I'm still taking a chance asking the question.
    You guessed correctly.

Keep in mind that installing these autoloaders may break the OTA mechanism for our Bell keyones. In order to fix it you need to use the Mobile Update tool to reinstall the offical OS provided through Bell when it eventually comes out.
    I think the existence of an OTA update file depends on whether or not the OS you're on was ever released for the variant you have; for example, putting AAN517 on a BBB100-1 would allow an OTA update to AAO472 once it comes out for a BBB100-1 (i.e. bbry_qc8953_sfi-user-ota-bbb100global-production_signed-AAN517-AAO472.zip exists). AAN517 on a BBB100-2 could only happen with an autoloader, though, so there's no AAN517 to AAO472 patch file for the BBB100-2.

As far as I can tell the only devices which might have issues with OTAs after installing this are the BBB100-7 (unless it gets this OTA later), and the BBB100-3 (which hasn't received any OTA updates yet anyway).

Regardless, the mobile upgrade tool fixes any problem with OTA updates.
    09-10-17 02:19 PM
    I highly recommend this update. Installed it on my Bell Keyone yesterday and its working great - notifications are back and the battery life is good.

I installed this update on my CDMA Keyone on Verizon 24 hours ago and everything is running great. What a shame Blackberry Mobile has failed us customers with the CDMA variant and left us on an April security update.
    09-10-17 02:21 PM
    I reverted back to AAK879 because of the notification bug. Am i able to upgrade to AAO472 from there via OTA or do i have to upgrade to AAN358 first? (want to avoid setting up everything again...) Well or i just do it... again...
    09-10-17 03:42 PM
    I'm so tempted to do this but I'm going to wait until mid-late for Sept on my Europe edition with AT&T. BlackBerry Mobile really is unreal to take this long to push such a major update. Cmon, we need it.
    09-10-17 03:52 PM
    I reverted back to AAK879 because of the notification bug. Am i able to upgrade to AAO472 from there via OTA or do i have to upgrade to AAN358 first? (want to avoid setting up everything again...) Well or i just do it... again...
    You could try the steps in the first post to remove the lines in the flasher script, but back up regardless what you do. I don't think there are any AAK879-AAO472 patch files available, so you can't load this OTA without putting some intermediate OS on first.
    09-10-17 04:38 PM
    You could try the steps in the first post to remove the lines in the flasher script, but back up regardless what you do. I don't think there are any AAK879-AAO472 patch files available, so you can't load this OTA without putting some intermediate OS on first.
    Yeah i doubt it... i go for the AAN358 OTA option first and hope AAO472 shows up soon afterwards. thanks!
    09-10-17 05:03 PM
    Yeah i doubt it... i go for the AAN358 OTA option first and hope AAO472 shows up soon afterwards. thanks!
    It depends on your PRD if you'll get it now, later, or at all.
    09-10-17 05:03 PM
    It depends on your PRD if you'll get it now, later, or at all.
    Its PRD-63117-011, don't think it is available yet.
    09-10-17 05:08 PM
    Its PRD-63117-011, don't think it is available yet.
    Yeah, the latest you can get OTA/from the mobile upgrade tool right now is AAN358.
    09-10-17 05:32 PM
    seem to be having problems extracting the files off it..

downloaded twice now.
    09-11-17 02:00 PM
    seem to be having problems extracting the files off it..

downloaded twice now.
    Are you using 7-Zip or something else?
    09-11-17 02:03 PM
    Are you using 7-Zip or something else?
    Winrar..
    Attached Thumbnails Request for Testers: AAO472 Autoloader-18911.jpg  
    09-11-17 02:05 PM
    That might be the path being too long, but those are ancillary files in the fastboot folders, not needed for operation.

Rename the autoloader to something very short, and extract it to a subfolder of C:\ with a short name to try to conserve path space.
    09-11-17 02:11 PM
    I moved it to another drive to extract and it was fine.

also updated without wiping !

thanks thurask!
    09-11-17 02:26 PM
    I flashed the September update this morning and it all worked beautifully! I am waiting now to see if the OTA will work whenever it is released. I am with Rogers in Ontario with a BBB100-1 btw.

Awesome work thurask!
    09-11-17 02:39 PM
    I got tired of waiting for the AAO472 update to be pushed to the UK so I used thurask's autoloader without wiping the phone and it worked really well. Thanks @thurask.

For those of us with Macs, there are a few snags so I've listed the steps I took below / ELI5 for our parents:

- Grab a copy of @thurask's autoloader from https://mega.nz/#!7EdFhbYa!8gNUkPhbP...tH334-F3LJl40U
    - Extract it with a utility like Unarchiver. It'll make a folder called TEST_bbry_qc8953_autoloader_user-all-AAO472
    - Download Google's SDK Platform tools from https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...est-darwin.zip (thanks to @Bla1ze for this tip)
    - Extract the platform tools and copy the enclosed files (not the directory) to TEST_bbry_qc8953_autoloader_user-all-AAO472/host/darwin-x86/bin (overwriting the files there already)
    - Open flashall.sh in Textedit or another plain text editor
    - Put a hash (#) in front of line 54 (#$BIN/fastboot oem securewipe)
    - Put a hash in front of line 67 (#$BIN/$FASTBOOT flash userdata $IMG/userdata.img)
    - Save the file
    - Open Terminal
    - Type "cd " (no quotes), drag the TEST_bbry_qc8953_autoloader_user-all-AAO472 folder onto the terminal window and press enter.
    - Make sure you have the Blackberry Android USB drivers installed on your Mac from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    - Turn off the phone's security PIN if you have one set (otherwise you'll get lots of Permission denied errors when running the update)
    - Plug your phone into your Mac's USB port
    - Hold down the phone's power and volume down key for a while until you get the green menu
    - Use the down volume button to highlight Reboot into fastboot and press the power button to select it
    - In the Terminal, type ./flashall.sh

All going well, you'll see the update files upload to your phone and it'll reboot into the updated OS. I've no idea if this update technique without a security wipe causes issues down the line but it seems to work nicely on my KeyOne. Android Pay will complain that you must add a security PIN otherwise it'll remove your cards (it's good practice to have one anyway). You'll also have to re-add your fingerprints as these get wiped as part of the update.

Good luck and thanks again to @thurask and @Bla1ze. It looks like from hereon we'll be able to preempt Blackberry/TCL's update schedule as long as an autoloader is available for our device model.
    Bla1ze and tommyv like this.
    09-11-17 03:54 PM
    So the mod to the bat file does in fact work preventing the wipe?
    09-11-17 04:12 PM
    So the mod to the bat file does in fact work preventing the wipe?
    I used the .sh file (on a Mac) but deleting those two lines from the .bat file should do the same trick on Windows. All of the apps and data on my phone stayed intact apart from the saved fingerprints.
    09-11-17 04:16 PM
    Ok good to know guess I better go back and find that section to delete, thanks man!
    09-11-17 04:18 PM
    Quick update the non-responsive regents key issue has returned after the day on the new flashed build. Screen off and on fixes it still. So far all notifications continue to work tho.
    09-11-17 05:48 PM
    I need to eject sd???
    09-11-17 09:31 PM
    I'll try this when I get home on Sunday. I'd do it now but I'm at my dad's and don't have the tool to remove my SD card
    Need to remove???
    09-11-17 09:54 PM
120 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD