Hi Community!

Canadian K1 user here. I've got my hands on the Dual Sim version from India and i've got some interesting issues with it and i'm wondering if there's any fellow canadians who are experiencing this issue. Side note, i'm in vancouver in case anyone's considering getting one but is having trouble pulling the trigger. Here's the issues:

1) Data connection drops randomly and i have to go into airplane mode to get it back temporarily. This is only when i have both SIM's inserted, so very annoying Both of my SIMs are with Telus Mobility
    2) APN settings are greyed out when both SIM's are inserted. Haven't checked with only 1 SIM but this is also super annoying.
    3) When sending or receiving MMS messages on SIM2, the message doesn't get delivered or sent. I have to disable SIM1 for the message to send.

Anyone else having these issues?
    Last edited by fraunhofer777; 11-28-17 at 06:46 PM.
    11-28-17 05:27 PM
    Anyone with the December update??
    12-19-17 11:34 AM
    Anyone with the December update??
    Not yet
    12-20-17 09:10 AM
    I think BlackBerry staff are already on vacation. Won't be getting the update this month.
    12-21-17 03:47 AM
    Hi Community!

Canadian K1 user here. I've got my hands on the Dual Sim version from India and i've got some interesting issues with it and i'm wondering if there's any fellow canadians who are experiencing this issue. Side note, i'm in vancouver in case anyone's considering getting one but is having trouble pulling the trigger. Here's the issues:

1) Data connection drops randomly and i have to go into airplane mode to get it back temporarily. This is only when i have both SIM's inserted, so very annoying Both of my SIMs are with Telus Mobility
    2) APN settings are greyed out when both SIM's are inserted. Haven't checked with only 1 SIM but this is also super annoying.
    3) When sending or receiving MMS messages on SIM2, the message doesn't get delivered or sent. I have to disable SIM1 for the message to send.

HI!

I am in Vancouver too and am still on the fence on getting a dual sim version like you. I have a single sim version which I love, but would like to get a dual sim one.

Have you been able to resolve the issues? I am on the Rogers network and wonder if the phone will work?

I don’t need or use internet calling as I have a legacy plan that does not support it BUT I would like the phone to work while travelling.

Would love to hear back from you before I make this expensive purchase!

Thanks
    12-27-17 07:43 PM
    Hi Community!

Haven't used my device heavily in the US here for over a month but had such interesting issues also. Lte network goes out (expected) but cannot get a preferred network type to stick. Always reverts to lte/cdma/umts I believe.

Helpful folks on this forum suggested some tweaks that I never got around to attempting: adb different patch / flashing a USA bin os or whatever I'm trying to do.

Granted, I'd wanted to get this working for an American legacy CDMA network as an advanced calling lte-only device among being used with at&t so I know the odds are not in favor of achieving this. Anyways, gonna try again now that the other device is MIA. Happy holidays!
    12-28-17 01:26 AM
    Haven't used my device heavily in the US here for over a month but had such interesting issues also. Lte network goes out (expected) but cannot get a preferred network type to stick. Always reverts to lte/cdma/umts I believe.

Helpful folks on this forum suggested some tweaks that I never got around to attempting: adb different patch / flashing a USA bin os or whatever I'm trying to do.

Granted, I'd wanted to get this working for an American legacy CDMA network as an advanced calling lte-only device among being used with at&t so I know the odds are not in favor of achieving this. Anyways, gonna try again now that the other device is MIA. Happy holidays!
    I doubt you'll have any real success if you mean Verizon or Sprint. Even AT&T will probably block WiFi calling or VoLTE. Because of T-MOBILE business model, your greatest chance of success probably lies there.
    12-28-17 07:40 AM
    I doubt you'll have any real success if you mean Verizon or Sprint. Even AT&T will probably block WiFi calling or VoLTE. Because of T-MOBILE business model, your greatest chance of success probably lies there.
    Last I checked in, TMo customers with dual-sim keyone's were unable to get their devices to enable advanced calling/wifi callin, etc. Absent the numbers application, has the prior been fixed? Thx
    12-28-17 09:14 AM
    Last I checked in, TMo customers with dual-sim keyone's were unable to get their devices to enable advanced calling/wifi callin, etc. Absent the numbers application, has the prior been fixed? Thx
    Don't know as I'm on AT&T however, T-Mobile seems more factory unlocked friendly than AT&T from what I've heard on the other versions of the KEYone. Dual-sim version may just be too much for any NA carrier to want to compete with.
    12-28-17 09:21 AM
    Don't know as I'm on AT&T however, T-Mobile seems more factory unlocked friendly than AT&T from what I've heard on the other versions of the KEYone. Dual-sim version may just be too much for any NA carrier to want to compete with.
    I'm on AT&T too. It's truly sad they won't provision factory unlocked android devices. A snippet of conversation between an AT&T rep and I on launch day regarding my iPhone X: "we don't know why the wifi calling isn't working?" Me: "did someone forget to whitelist the imei numbers?" Rep: "oh let me check that" ... "does ur device work now?" Me: "Yup.". It's literally seems that simple given my experience. To my knowledge at&t branded keyone's do not have advanced calling or wifi calling yet. What gives!
    12-28-17 07:01 PM
    I'm on AT&T too. It's truly sad they won't provision factory unlocked android devices. A snippet of conversation between an AT&T rep and I on launch day regarding my iPhone X: "we don't know why the wifi calling isn't working?" Me: "did someone forget to whitelist the imei numbers?" Rep: "oh let me check that" ... "does ur device work now?" Me: "Yup.". It's literally seems that simple given my experience. To my knowledge at&t branded keyone's do not have advanced calling or wifi calling yet. What gives!
    Hopefully getting AT&T version soon. I'll let you know what happens if and when it happens...
    portplayer likes this.
    12-29-17 05:26 PM
    Hopefully getting AT&T version soon. I'll let you know what happens if and when it happens...
    Look forward to hearing from you. Hopefully good news! 🙏
    12-29-17 05:28 PM
    I think BlackBerry staff are already on vacation. Won't be getting the update this month.
    Have you got the December patch in INDIA?
    I'd like to contact people in India regarding the next update.

###TO-DO###
    Anyone in India ( volunteer ) have to upgrade their KeyONE by the Upgrade tool ( I'll post the link)
    Because I was already in the December update and facing few issues as I'm also in India with the Black Edition but autoloader AAR970 was loaded via the PC.
    Wanna see the issue here you go
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/fingerprint-sensor-issue-after-autoloader-aar970-1133915/

So, please help me out by upgrading via that tool cause it downloads the patch file (Zip FILE) and saves in the PC itself therefore I can then load it to my KeyONE. Not only me anyone who ever thinks that the previous version was Good can load it to their KeyONE.

Any help is greatly appreciated .
    12-30-17 06:49 AM
    Have you got the December patch in INDIA?
    I'd like to contact people in India regarding the next update.

###TO-DO###
    Anyone in India ( volunteer ) have to upgrade their KeyONE by the Upgrade tool ( I'll post the link)
    Because I was already in the December update and facing few issues as I'm also in India with the Black Edition but autoloader AAR970 was loaded via the PC.
    Wanna see the issue here you go
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/fingerprint-sensor-issue-after-autoloader-aar970-1133915/

So, please help me out by upgrading via that tool cause it downloads the patch file (Zip FILE) and saves in the PC itself therefore I can then load it to my KeyONE. Not only me anyone who ever thinks that the previous version was Good can load it to their KeyONE.

Any help is greatly appreciated .
    Contact me @ [email protected]
    12-30-17 06:50 AM
    Still on AAQ837 on December 30, 2017! Sad!

C'mon BlackBerry... Push me an update for my sweet sweet BBB100-7 please!
    12-30-17 12:14 PM
    Contact me @ [email protected]
    What's the hurry ?
    Let BlackBerry release an official update. I'm pretty sure we will get the next security patch after 15th and before 20th of January.
    12-30-17 12:40 PM
    What's the hurry ?
    Let BlackBerry release an official update. I'm pretty sure we will get the next security patch after 15th and before 20th of January.
    Sry,

Actually I'm not hurry. If I had not updated my KeyONE via autoloader, than how come you people will be known that there was a Fingerprint issue? ( stress it)
    How can you keep quiet while you payed 40k almost equal to 7s ( at a sale) and not receiving the promised Monthly Updates? While the Apple folks are getting the Updates GLOBALLY on time!

Frustrated BBuser;
    12-30-17 09:03 PM
    Sry,

Actually I'm not hurry. If I had not updated my KeyONE via autoloader, than how come you people will be known that there was a Fingerprint issue? ( stress it)
    How can you keep quiet while you payed 40k almost equal to 7s ( at a sale) and not receiving the promised Monthly Updates? While the Apple folks are getting the Updates GLOBALLY on time!

Frustrated BBuser;
    Hey from the time KeyOne was released until last month we got the monthly security patch without fail.
    So skipping one month is not a big deal.
    I'm hoping we will get the Oreo update in March. Fingers crossed.
    12-30-17 09:38 PM
    Hey from the time KeyOne was released until last month we got the monthly security patch without fail.
    So skipping one month is not a big deal.
    I'm hoping we will get the Oreo update in March. Fingers crossed.
    Oh yeah! You're correct;
    I'm back on track; Flashing the November patch AAQ837 again .
    12-30-17 09:45 PM
    bought new keyone and loving it.
    12-31-17 11:25 AM
    HI!

I am in Vancouver too and am still on the fence on getting a dual sim version like you. I have a single sim version which I love, but would like to get a dual sim one.

Have you been able to resolve the issues? I am on the Rogers network and wonder if the phone will work?

I don’t need or use internet calling as I have a legacy plan that does not support it BUT I would like the phone to work while travelling.

Would love to hear back from you before I make this expensive purchase!

Thanks
    Hey there, sorry i don't check the forums much these days and i just saw your comment. How's the speed on your single sim version? I literally, this evening, just switched back to my moto z play as i could not take the slowness (and constant requirement to clear cache and close apps) anymore.

I was not able to resolve any of the issues, and using the "support center" app was virtually useless as blackberry has of course used off shore labor and they are terrible at getting back and understanding the problem (which could likely be fixed with a software update).

The phone would for sure work with rogers as it does do LTE on SIM 1 and 3G on SIM 2 which will work find for you.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat more since you're local to me
    01-08-18 12:15 AM
    Hey friendly friends,

Just got a response back from Blackberry Mobile "Customer Care", i put customer care in brackets as i'm quite angry with the response as the information they provided was not listed anywhere. Here it is for all its glory:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Mobile Care. Your case number is , should you need it for future reference or follow-up.

After contacting our highest tier their response is that the behavior that the device is having is completely normal due to the fact that the device is build with a single GMS RF module that has access to 2 Sim cards.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Should you wish to follow-up via email, please reply directly and ensure the subject is not changed.
    01-11-18 11:07 AM
    Anyone have a later patch then AAQ837?
    01-15-18 10:10 AM
    Anyone have a later patch then AAQ837?
    Not yet.
    I'm expecting anytime this week.
    portplayer likes this.
    01-15-18 11:01 AM
    any message January update for blackberry keyone india?
    01-16-18 06:57 AM
442 ... 89101112 ...