Hello all,

I have a degree in electrical engineering and work in data forensics, so I'm already familiar with many types of hardware and various OS', but not the Playbook and QNX OS', so I purchased a 64GB Playbook in order to expand by knowledge and experience (for personal and work.)

The Playbook has 2.1.0.1917 as the OS, and based on what I'm reading, I may have to downgrade it in order to do some of the things that I want to play around with.

One of my goals is to connect a hard drive from a car infotainment system. For those that do not know, many car infotainment systems are Blackberry QNX based, so I'm hoping the Playbook will help make the connection and transfer of files to/from them easier. A secondary want is the ability to delete and recreate partitions on the infotainment system drive(s).

I know that I will need to connect the drive with an OTG cable (which I have).
    I've already cloned my first "victim" drive (bit for bit with MD5 and SHA1 validation) and will be working from the clone so that I don't have to worry about making mistakes.
    The drive will use a separate power source so that I don't have to worry about it draining the Playbook battery.

I would love to have suggestions/guidance from anyone who has already been playing in this space, or with getting other storage devices (USB keys, SD cards, etc.) going on a Playbook.

Thanks.
    08-22-17 11:36 AM
    Good luck on your ventures, though, I think you might find the PlayBook will not be as cooperative as you're hoping.
    08-22-17 11:46 AM
    OTG will not work except on rooted Playbooks, and 2.1.0.1917 cannot be rooted, nor can it be downgraded to a version that can be. In simpler terms, no OTG for you.
    08-22-17 04:40 PM
    Good luck on your ventures, though, I think you might find the PlayBook will be as cooperative as you're hoping.
    Is there a "not" missing in there?

I'd love it if all of this was achievable but from the impression I had, it will all be very difficult.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by spARTacus; 08-22-17 at 07:23 PM.
    08-22-17 05:02 PM
    Is there a "not" missing in there?
    lol yep.
    08-22-17 09:00 PM