Hi CrackBerry folks,

I've come to a time where I have to study a lot and it depends on my future. I currently have a Moto G4, and I'm too distracted by it, so I've decided to leave Android for now and get some freedom.

So I've looked for a fairly basic phone, and I've decided to get a Bold 9700. I think it's the prettiest classic BlackBerry out there, and I've heard the battery life is great.

As I used a Bold 9000 and a Torch2 before and have fond memories, BlackBerry is a familiar area to me.

The workload I'm expecting to do is fairly basic stuff, like extremely basic web-browsing (like mobile Facebook, only a few times a day), MP3s, playing Word Mole and occassionally opening some files with Documents To Go, together with rare phone calls.

Is the 9700 a good choice for something like that? How's the battery life?

Any answer would be appreciated.
    08-17-17 06:02 PM
    The 9700 while a nice looking device, is pretty old now. Do you really want that just so you can avoid the temptation of time wasting apps? The 9900 would be a better choice imo, and you will find plenty of people here that still use it.

You can still use your G4 and simply uninstall all the games and social media. Just because it runs those apps, doesn't mean you have to install them!
    08-17-17 06:37 PM
    I'd get a Passport and don't install any android apps just strictly BB10 apps. That phone would be your best documents viewing device out there and for getting stuff done.
    08-17-17 08:48 PM
    The 9700 while a nice looking device, is pretty old now. Do you really want that just so you can avoid the temptation of time wasting apps? The 9900 would be a better choice imo, and you will find plenty of people here that still use it.

You can still use your G4 and simply uninstall all the games and social media. Just because it runs those apps, doesn't mean you have to install them!
    The 9900 is a great little phone, however, these are rare and really pricey here...
    Apps are not a problem (I've barely got any, got rid of all social media), it's the constant smartphone checking that is the problem

I'd get a Passport and don't install any android apps just strictly BB10 apps. That phone would be your best documents viewing device out there and for getting stuff done.
    I'm on a pretty tight budget, so the Passport would be out of the question...
    08-18-17 04:07 AM
    The 9900 is a great little phone, however, these are rare and really pricey here...
    Apps are not a problem (I've barely got any, got rid of all social media), it's the constant smartphone checking that is the problem

I'm on a pretty tight budget, so the Passport would be out of the question...
    Just keep the phone you have and delete or disable all the social media apps. Your mobile browser will still remain updated to current standards. BBOS/BB10 web browsers are not as capable now and getting worse.
    08-18-17 06:12 AM