I am hearing rumblings locally of a VC group in the US that is interested in buying BB10 from BlackBerry and finish developing it. Any one else heard this rumor?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 11:33 PM
    Only rumbling I have heard about anyone wanting to buy bb10 was about a year back when a member here thought we could all chip in and buy it
    08-15-17 11:58 PM
    I am hearing rumblings locally of a VC group in the US that is interested in buying BB10 from BlackBerry and finish developing it. Any one else heard this rumor?

Posted via CB10
    It would be a group with very little business sense.
    08-16-17 12:00 AM
    somebody has more money than sense. Hope they have bankruptcy lawyers on retainer.
    08-16-17 05:36 AM
    BB already F'd it up. The mobile game does need a few more OS's in the market to choose from but as we all know it's Apple and Android for now. Probably why a lot of people have no sense and take stupid "selfies" and post them on their snap chats, IG and other useless apps. That's what they promote. Check out any of their commercials and all they can promote are bells and whistles. Smh...

Da Reepah
    08-16-17 08:38 AM
    BB already F'd it up. The mobile game does need a few more OS's in the market to choose from but as we all know it's Apple and Android for now. Probably why a lot of people have no sense and take stupid "selfies" and post them on their snap chats, IG and other useless apps. That's what they promote. Check out any of their commercials and all they can promote are bells and whistles. Smh...

Da Reepah
    As everyone has been saying, there's no business sense with BB10 and never was. If the market needs another OS, the money exists to create it, within the various capital markets.

Explain here, the way a third mobile OS will be sustainable and provide an ROI/ROE to said capital market participants.
    anon(2313227) and DrBoomBotz like this.
    08-16-17 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Were these rumblings localized to within your head?
    08-16-17 09:34 AM
    An Android TV competitor... Yay!
    08-16-17 09:40 AM
    They could sell QNX easily. Lots of VC would invest in an OS with proven b2b use and extension into new markets like IoT. No one wants to invest in a smartphone OS without dev support.

I get rumblings too but it means its time to eat.
    skinnymike1 and zephyr613 like this.
    08-16-17 10:41 AM
    They could sell QNX easily. Lots of VC would invest in an OS with proven b2b use and extension into new markets like IoT. No one wants to invest in a smartphone OS without dev support.

I get rumblings too but it means its time to eat.
    They are not going to sell QNX! QNX is the backbone of their Auto business
    08-16-17 12:39 PM
    Uh, any corporation will sell anything if the price is right.
    08-16-17 01:01 PM
    i wish it is Ruby Jon Rubinstein's firm will buy it out right. With his hardware/software know how and passion, it could made it happen... (Mike L could do it too... both got enough draw from the hidden talent pool to pull it off). If chen would allow it happen... (more so his Fair boss).
    08-16-17 01:24 PM
    I was referring to blackberry selling qnx to someone wanted to continue to develop bb10. It's not happening. There is no money in bb10, there is however money in their automotive software business
    08-16-17 01:57 PM
    Of course not, but in terms of an OS that BB owns that is attractive to investors its QNX not BB10.
    08-16-17 03:00 PM
    That's not true. AkzoNobel (Dutch paint corporation) got an amazing offer from a big American corporation wanting to buy them but they refused. And they refused all subsequent much higher offers as well. So no, not every corporation sells anything if the price is right.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-16-17 03:42 PM
    That's not true. AkzoNobel (Dutch paint corporation) got an amazing offer from a big American corporation wanting to buy them but they refused. And they refused all subsequent much higher offers as well. So no, not every corporation sells anything if the price is right.

That just proves the price wasn't right. Otherwise the shareholders can launch a lawsuit against the company for not representing their interests.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-16-17 03:54 PM
    That just proves the price wasn't right. Otherwise the shareholders can launch a lawsuit against the company for not representing their interests.
    The price was right, but most of the shareholders agreed that it should stay a true Dutch company. That's why they didn't launch a lawsuit.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    08-16-17 04:00 PM
    The price was right, but most of the shareholders agreed that it should stay a true Dutch company. That's why they didn't launch a lawsuit.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    DrBoomBotz and anon(3732391) like this.
    08-16-17 04:04 PM
    What auto business? You mean the imaginary one that Chen talks about each quarter during his stammering earnings conference calls where he hides behind his poor English skills?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 11:46 PM
    What auto business? You mean the imaginary one that Chen talks about each quarter during his stammering earnings conference calls where he hides behind his poor English skills?

Posted via CB10
    This one:

"Colin Bird, senior analyst of automotive technology at IHS Markit, told Business Insider that Blackberry QNX is currently the leader in the connected car space, which includes infotainment, navigation, telematics, and rear-seat entertainment. QNX has a market share of about 47% and its closest competitor is Linux with 20% market share."

And this one:

"Blackberry is looking to get a slice of the self-driving car space by offering a secure, integrated platform to support self-driving car software later on. (Doing so also gives Blackberry some cushion to ensure its product stays in cars as they evolve.)

As part of that aim, Blackberry has opened an Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Centre in Ontario, where it was also approved to test self-driving cars on public roads."

And this one:

"Heavy Duty Trucking has compiled a top 20 list of key products in 2017 and BlackBerry Radar Asset Tracking made the short-list. HDT's editors get to see so many new products in the trucking industry and selected products based off their level of innovation, ability to address significant industry issues and potential to benefits to a truck fleet's bottom line."
    08-16-17 11:59 PM
    If a Venture Capital Group wanted to invest in a Mobile OS that has failed... there are a number of them out there that would be cheaper. BB10 relies on QNX and BlackBerry isn't giving that away. They could back Sailfish or Firefox.

But WHY... from a business standpoint? Even Samsung is shifting direction with their TIZEN OS....
    08-17-17 07:11 AM
    This one:

"Colin Bird, senior analyst of automotive technology at IHS Markit, told Business Insider that Blackberry QNX is currently the leader in the connected car space, which includes infotainment, navigation, telematics, and rear-seat entertainment. QNX has a market share of about 47% and its closest competitor is Linux with 20% market share."

And this one:

"Blackberry is looking to get a slice of the self-driving car space by offering a secure, integrated platform to support self-driving car software later on. (Doing so also gives Blackberry some cushion to ensure its product stays in cars as they evolve.)

As part of that aim, Blackberry has opened an Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Centre in Ontario, where it was also approved to test self-driving cars on public roads."

And this one:

"Heavy Duty Trucking has compiled a top 20 list of key products in 2017 and BlackBerry Radar Asset Tracking made the short-list. HDT's editors get to see so many new products in the trucking industry and selected products based off their level of innovation, ability to address significant industry issues and potential to benefits to a truck fleet's bottom line."
    Lies! All lies! Fake news! BB10 is the only profitable product Blackberry ever had!
    p1800nut likes this.
    08-17-17 07:21 AM
    This one:

And this one:

And this one:

Lies! All lies! Fake news! BB10 is the only profitable product Blackberry ever had!
    bajanboy1711 likes this.
    08-17-17 07:21 AM

Fair enough, there are exceptions to every rule.

Still, I stand by my statement.
    08-17-17 08:41 AM
    somebody has more money than sense.
    Man I wish I had that problem...because I've actually got a lot of sense. So that would mean I'd have a LOT of money

08-17-17 08:43 AM
63 123