Didn't know if this went in apps or BB10 OS but seems either so if a mod changes it, my apologies.

So....

Anybody else have Battery Fiction Pro or another amazing app like it that tells you your Battery Cycle Counts?

...and if so what battery cycle count are you at?

I am trying to gauge how much life my used but near mint passport purchased via OfferUp may or may not have in it. Today my cycle count Via Battery Fiction app changed to 284 for on my Passport. Going to check my very old but still awesome "much" used q10 later on.

I suppose this is especially important in devices like the Passport without a removable battery although I see they sell new OEM (claimed to be OEM) battery's around online for the passport OG and Passport Silver Edition and looking around as into it more, I bet with even a little knowledge of electronics most folks could change their own with the proper tools and probably have as beings the screen is LED it's not going to die anytime in tjhe near future unless It malfunctions.

Wish the PP had a Removable Battery. O, well. It sorta does as I said from looking online and a little time, patients and guts!

Anyway, Let us know about your/the Cycle Counts

BTW: Anybody know how the battery cycle count works exactly? Is this also built into the system somewhere I am overlooking or just part of the highly rated Battery Fiction and Battery Fiction Pro Apps?

-DPR

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 02:50 PM
    I have 617 cycles on my Passport. Bought in October 2014. And I am still getting excellent daily life. Typically I have 35% or more left on it when I go to bed and plug it in. I am NOT a heavy user, have only 12 android apps installed and rarely allow it to get below 20%. It has been a very good device over the last 3 years.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-13-17 03:01 PM
    I have 617 cycles on my Passport. Bought in October 2014. And I am still getting excellent daily life. Typically I have 35% or more left on it when I go to bed and plug it in. I am NOT a heavy user, have only 12 android apps installed and rarely allow it to get below 20%. It has been a very good device over the last 3 years.
    Hey Brookie, wow sounds good as in my cycle count then as the battery in the passport I have seems to match the shape it was in with knowing your cycle count. Do you know when it decides to swap the count up? Or how?...

Hey, off topic. I "Liked" your post above and on the original OEM cascades crackberry app so was wondering if that Like feature still works on your end or I'm wasting my time as I remember Conite told me the Thanks button does not work at all.

Thanks for the info and chiming in, it may have been you who told me about battery fiction Pro. I am going to go through and really delete massive apps that I don't use, android and native to really get it down. If I don't use it at least weekly or have an app native or not that is better for the job I am going to compare and delete all others as my battery life is not really good at all although I have way to much on here. 16 gigs in apps. So not the Passports fault.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 03:22 PM
    Cycles aren't really the defining characteristic.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...hones-battery/
    08-13-17 03:25 PM
    Cycles aren't really the defining characteristic.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...hones-battery/
    Excellent Read, thanks. Book marked it.

Boring part of my post: Battery fiction Pro is so powerful as a native app it actually induces (if checked) s.c.a.t. Or smart charging and it works with trickling, etc.. takes a little longer to charge but the charge seems to last longer which I find extremely odd or even impossible as a charge should be a charge but who knows. I knew it depended on type of battery, etc also.. for different scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 03:32 PM
    Do you know when it decides to swap the count up? Or how?...
    Sorry, no and no, lol
    so was wondering if that Like feature still works on your end
    Yes, it does work, thank you.
    08-13-17 03:32 PM
    Sorry, no and no, lol

Yes, it does work, thank you.
    Spectacular, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 05:13 PM
    Hubby battery card says 593 cycle count for my early 2015 Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 10:17 PM