We know most but not all of how the update check API works. I've put up a basic checker, in Python, in a Github gist: https://gist.github.com/thurask/f4ac...4e35d2458ca2d0

If you have the .py file from the gist, Python 3, and the Requests library installed, you can run "python tclcheck.py" and it'll put up a non-working download URL generated by using the PRD at the bottom of the .py file (which is the Indian BBB100-7 right now). Or, run "python tclcheck.py SOME_PRD" to check using a supplied PRD value. The .txt file is a database of all known PRDs, which can be used if in the same folder as the script by "python tclcheck.py l" to get almost every OS that's considered latest right now.

If you want to play around with the API itself check the "check()" and "update_request()" commands to see what to put in a HTTP request that you can then send with curl.

Attachment 428612
    sweet thanks, just aam481 still.
    08-14-17 01:56 PM
    Sprint KEYone info: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12991480

It fits what was predicted, so that's nice. Just need volunteers for one of the August updates to put up loader files and several database snapshots, and also volunteers to figure out why this may or may not work on non-Windows platforms (BlackBerry you've got some 'splainin' to do). Finding a volunteer with a China device is unlikely but would also help.
    08-17-17 07:49 AM
    Sprint KEYone info: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12991480

It fits what was predicted, so that's nice. Just need volunteers for one of the August updates to put up loader files and several database snapshots, and also volunteers to figure out why this may or may not work on non-Windows platforms (BlackBerry you've got some 'splainin' to do). Finding a volunteer with a China device is unlikely but would also help.
    as soon as they release august for bbb100-2, ill hook it up but its taking longer than i expected. maybe theyll have it up this afternoon (since they like to push updates later for whatever reason)
    08-17-17 07:57 AM
    A request for people trying this tool:

Download the tool in the mirror in the first post, run it (PDF instructions are here), and please make sure to copy a few files to a safe location while it's operating:
    • (install dir)\tool\local.db while the app is downloading
    • (install dir)\tool\local.db while the app is loading the OS (don't overwrite the first one)
    • (install dir)\bin\(your PRD)\(new OS version)\bbry_qc8953_sfi-user-production_signed-(new OS version).zip while the app is loading the OS

Copying these is time-sensitive, but if you manage to get these saved, uploaded, and shared, we can hopefully figure out how to game the update API so that we don't need to sacrifice KEYones to get links to autoloader files.
    08-17-17 12:36 PM
    I think the tool is a rebranded Alcatel upgrade tool. What do you think? Perhaps you find something on XDA/Alcatel for the Idol/DTEK devices.
    08-17-17 03:22 PM
    A request for people trying this tool:

Download the tool in the mirror in the first post, run it (PDF instructions are here), and please make sure to copy a few files to a safe location while it's operating:
    • (install dir)\tool\local.db while the app is downloading
    • (install dir)\tool\local.db while the app is loading the OS (don't overwrite the first one)
    • (install dir)\bin\(your PRD)\(new OS version)\bbry_qc8953_sfi-user-production_signed-(new OS version).zip while the app is loading the OS

Copying these is time-sensitive, but if you manage to get these saved, uploaded, and shared, we can hopefully figure out how to game the update API so that we don't need to sacrifice KEYones to get links to autoloader files.
    Bueller?
    08-21-17 05:03 PM
    Bueller?
    Will do this now have some free time tonight.
    thurask likes this.
    08-21-17 06:02 PM
    Will do this now have some free time tonight.
    Great!

Since you've got a CDMA KEYone it should try to put you back on AAL093, so getting the zip for that isn't too important. There's already premade AAL093 autoloaders.

However, getting snapshots of the database, and sniffing network connections (if possible) are important.
    08-21-17 06:05 PM
    Great!

Since you've got a CDMA KEYone it should try to put you back on AAL093, so getting the zip for that isn't too important. There's already premade AAL093 autoloaders.

However, getting snapshots of the database, and sniffing network connections (if possible) are important.
    Yeah I have some output I captured my first run of the tool but couldn't get much from the database. I'll run both a network sniffer and target those specific files during the process. I've attached a link to afh captures i made during the first time i used the tool. It included the firehose mbn and rawprogram xml files as well as patches that can be used if qfil drivers are setup properly. I've been able to write whatever I want in EMMC programming so far but i'll try to get a full capture this time. Give me about an hour.
    thurask likes this.
    08-21-17 06:10 PM
    Yeah I have some output I captured my first run of the tool but couldn't get much from the database. I'll run both a network sniffer and target those specific files during the process. I've attached a link to afh captures i made during the first time i used the tool. It included the firehose mbn and rawprogram xml files as well as patches that can be used if qfil drivers are setup properly. I've been able to write whatever I want in EMMC programming so far but i'll try to get a full capture this time. Give me about an hour.
    PM sent with link to logs and network tracking.
    thurask likes this.
    08-21-17 07:27 PM
    @thurask do you need more? i wasnt sure if you needed different logs from other bberries or not.

also, i tried your latest tcl OTA checker and with the results, it puts out the url's that download 400 mb file. any idea what that is?
    08-22-17 02:28 PM
    @thurask do you need more? i wasnt sure if you needed different logs from other bberries or not.

also, i tried your latest tcl OTA checker and with the results, it puts out the url's that download 400 mb file. any idea what that is?
    If you mean this OTA checker, then change the mode at the bottom of the script just under 'if __name__ == "__main__":' to fc.MODE_FULL.

As for where this project is now, now that SQL database snapshots have been provided, the only missing bit is, I think, to find an AES key buried somewhere in the updater app; easier said than done.
    08-22-17 02:33 PM
    Even the most pessimistic folks should see this as a positive. They wouldn't be setting up the links if they weren't going to be pushing future updates.

Moving the DTEKs to BlackBerry Mobile may have been the best thing that could have happened.
    coffee-turtle and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-22-17 02:54 PM
    Apparently Sprint KEYones have special signatures...

Normal KEYones have APBI signatures, while Sprint KEYones have APBI-sprint signatures for whatever reason.
    08-23-17 02:18 PM
    Apparently Sprint KEYones have special signatures...

Normal KEYones have APBI signatures, while Sprint KEYones have APBI-sprint signatures for whatever reason.
    haters. does that mean you got a hold of the new sprint update?
    08-23-17 02:20 PM
    And if you did, what's in it?
    08-23-17 02:33 PM
    Delta patches can be downloaded; don't know if they're installable but at least they're working files.
    08-23-17 02:43 PM
    Delta patches can be downloaded; don't know if they're installable but at least they're working files.
    Any way to update without wiping?
    08-23-17 02:51 PM
    its still an august patch so i dont even know if its worth anything with the notification issues
    08-23-17 02:52 PM
    Any way to update without wiping?
    I don't know how to get delta patches to install. Maybe flashing via fastboot, maybe renaming them to update.zip and leaving them in /sdcard/, I don't know. If people want to test I could generate a couple links.

As for full images, installing without wiping is easy, just edit the right flashing script and remove the lines that mention securewipe and flashing userdata. There's no way to do this with the desktop updater tool, though, since that one can't be modified before install.
    08-23-17 02:59 PM
    its still an august patch so i dont even know if its worth anything with the notification issues
    The nature of deltas means that AAN982 only has deltas for previous Sprint releases, i.e. only AAM286.
    08-23-17 03:00 PM
    Incidentally, if one wants to download an OS not to install it but rather unpack the files and extract APKs/configs/whatever, the missing tail of the autoloader zip doesn't get in the way of that.
    08-26-17 03:41 PM
    1. Is there any chance the tool can brick the device?

2. What is the difference between running the tool or doing a factory reset after upgrading OTA?

Thank you.
    09-04-17 02:21 PM
    1. Is there any chance the tool can brick the device?

2. What is the difference between running the tool or doing a factory reset after upgrading OTA?

Thank you.
    1. Extremely unlikely.

2. None really. Apart from being able to recover from a non-booting device with the autoloader tool.
    mhw100 likes this.
    09-04-17 02:29 PM
    Thank you conite.
    09-04-17 03:02 PM
184 ... 23456 ...