Sigh.

Leap suddenly stopped working a couple days ago. It will let you input your password (and it recognizes if it's the correct one or not) but once you put the password in it bumps you back to the login screen - or more specifically the start screen (before you swipe up to log in).

Will not connect to Blackberry Link.

The phone is being replaced, but I'd really, really like to get the photos off it if possible.

Help?
    08-02-17 10:10 AM
    Try to reboot the phone by holding down the power button until it begins to restart.
    08-02-17 10:16 AM
    Reboot does nothing, unfortunately. I'd remove the battery but it's a Leap and a work device so sort of a last resort.
    08-02-17 10:35 AM
    Reboot does nothing, unfortunately. I'd remove the battery but it's a Leap and a work device so sort of a last resort.
    No need to remove the battery. The power button cycle is identical.

So, to understand clearly, you are talking about your device password (not BBID)? And once entered, it kicks you back to the lock screen?
    08-02-17 10:53 AM
    Yup. An endless loop of entering the correct device password, and then not being logged into the device.

If you enter the wrong, password, however, it does flag that and gives you the standard "Incorrect password, attempt 2/10" notice or whatever.
    08-02-17 10:55 AM
    You can make a non-destructive autoloader out of the same core OS you are on now and run it. It may get you going again.
    08-02-17 11:41 AM
    You can make a non-destructive autoloader out of the same core OS you are on now and run it. It may get you going again.
    What is this witchcraft? and will it damage the phone? it's from my employer, but it had priceless pictures and text conversations that I need to keep!

Thanks!
    08-23-17 07:53 PM
    P.S.

I think this was caused by charging the phone with the TV in my hotel room (using the USB port).
    08-23-17 07:56 PM
    What is this witchcraft? and will it damage the phone? it's from my employer, but it had priceless pictures and text conversations that I need to keep!

Thanks!
    An autoloader made from a core (as opposed to a debrick) is not destructive.
    08-23-17 08:26 PM