Can anyone confirm that they have everything that is available from Verizon working on their K1?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 03:56 PM
    Could we move this to K1 forum? I really want to know before considering buying unlocked CDMA version.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 06:27 PM
    My K1 working well on Verizon unfortunately not sure what "everything" would entail. I'm not up to speed on ALL that verizon offers. Sorry can't be more help.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 11:57 AM
    My K1 working well on Verizon unfortunately not sure what "everything" would entail. I'm not up to speed on ALL that verizon offers. Sorry can't be more help.

Posted via CB10
    HD calling, visual voicemail, NFL mobile, etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 12:32 PM
    I have my CDMA version on Verizon for about 3 weeks. I can say that the battery life is amazing, no freezes (this coming from a Z10 and a still using PRIV)...

To answer your Questions:

HD calling is working fine, needs to be enabled (there is a thread already on this and instructions)
    Visual Voice Mail is a no-go (but all the other VZW baked in apps such as VZ protect and My Verizon are available through the app store and install fine.

NFL mobile works fine and has the push notification and the Verizon logo - I just downloaded it and installed it just to test.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-17 12:54 PM
    I have my CDMA version on Verizon for about 3 weeks. I can say that the battery life is amazing, no freezes (this coming from a Z10 and a still using PRIV)...

To answer your Questions:

HD calling is working fine, needs to be enabled (there is a thread already on this and instructions)
    Visual Voice Mail is a no-go (but all the other VZW baked in apps such as VZ protect and My Verizon are available through the app store and install fine.

NFL mobile works fine and has the push notification and the Verizon logo - I just downloaded it and installed it just to test.
    That's good to hear that almost everything works. Any hope for visual voicemail? I have the basic one with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 01:10 PM
    That's good to hear that almost everything works. Any hope for visual voicemail? I have the basic one with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    You do get the notification in the drag down menu that you have a voice mail, but from what I understand from the VZW people, not only will there be no support for VVM (it took me over a month of configuring and working with their tier 3 techs to get it even installed correctly on the PRIV and even after that it only works 1/2 the time), but the people I spoke to said emphatically that VZW will not be carrying the device, either through stores or on line.

So, good news is the CDMA version has none of the bloat ware that comes with a VZW purchased device, bad news is that VVM is a no go.
    07-10-17 01:27 PM
    You do get the notification in the drag down menu that you have a voice mail, but from what I understand from the VZW people, not only will there be no support for VVM (it took me over a month of configuring and working with their tier 3 techs to get it even installed correctly on the PRIV and even after that it only works 1/2 the time), but the people I spoke to said emphatically that VZW will not be carrying the device, either through stores or on line.

So, good news is the CDMA version has none of the bloat ware that comes with a VZW purchased device, bad news is that VVM is a no go.
    Is there a technical reason for this or difficulty in the service? After a quick online search, I noticed that the Verizon forums have many posts about it not working on Verizon branded phones as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 01:33 PM
    Is there a technical reason for this or difficulty in the service? After a quick online search, I noticed that the Verizon forums have many posts about it not working on Verizon branded phones as well.

Posted via CB10
    It seems to be a technical issue with the BB/Android combination. The app itself (Verizon branded) isn't even in the app store. I have a very good VZW location near me that has dealt with the KeyOne before (mine) and I will wander over there after my meetings this afternoon to see what I can find out.
    07-10-17 02:00 PM
    It seems to be a technical issue with the BB/Android combination. The app itself (Verizon branded) isn't even in the app store. I have a very good VZW location near me that has dealt with the KeyOne before (mine) and I will wander over there after my meetings this afternoon to see what I can find out.
    That would be awesome. I just don't quite understand why it can't work if the phone is provisioned properly. The rep at my local store didn't seem to know much and just warned me that I better be able to return the phone if they can't set it up.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 02:10 PM
    So, just spoke to VZW, not only have the discontinued VVM (unless you pay the "Premium" $2.99) but they are no longer supporting it for Blackberry devices - ANY Blackberry devices. The devices that already have it installed will continue to work, but she could not give me a definitive date as to when it would be cutoff for existing users........

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=n1mUqWXg
    07-10-17 03:11 PM
    So, just spoke to VZW, not only have the discontinued VVM (unless you pay the "Premium" $2.99) but they are no longer supporting it for Blackberry devices - ANY Blackberry devices. The devices that already have it installed will continue to work, but she could not give me a definitive date as to when it would be cutoff for existing users........

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1s0dQfXt
    The article says that the paid version was discontinued but not the free basic one, no?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:13 PM
    The article says that the paid version was discontinued but not the free basic one, no?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but when I pressed her she explained that the only available option for VM on any newly provision Blackberry is the *86 basic - no visual. That includes if your had it on your Blackberry device prior to changing to KeyOne or PRIV. I had VVM on my Z10 for months and it worked fine, when I "explained" that to her she was very quick to credit my account for the $2.99 of 6 months.
    07-10-17 03:26 PM
    Yes, but when I pressed her she explained that the only available option for VM on any newly provision Blackberry is the *86 basic - no visual. That includes if your had it on your Blackberry device prior to changing to KeyOne or PRIV. I had VVM on my Z10 for months and it worked fine, when I "explained" that to her she was very quick to credit my account for the $2.99 of 6 months.
    Ok, so it's gone. I wonder if it wasn't worth the trouble in general since they cancelled it. Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:30 PM
    By the way, does Google Voice work?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:31 PM
    Ok, so it's gone. I wonder if it wasn't worth the trouble in general since they cancelled it. Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    Anytime!! Wish I had better news, I liked that feature on my Z10.
    07-10-17 03:31 PM
    By the way, does Google Voice work?

Posted via CB10
    It "should" but I haven't tried it - check here:

https://productforums.google.com/for...w/ZAxj4sRQAE0J
    07-10-17 03:48 PM
    Anytime!! Wish I had better news, I liked that feature on my Z10.
    Is there wifi calling? I never had it on a Verizon phone, but I recall reading in another post that Verizon does have it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 08:18 AM
    Does not appear as an option, but video callis an option under the phone>settings menu. However under "enhanced" calling , the HD calling feature IS available and when turned on the call are more than crystal clear.

If you ever used BBM voice calls, the sound quality is even better than that.
    07-12-17 08:21 AM