I have a oppurtunity to get a new Q10 at a very good price, the only problem is that my current carrier is tracfone. I am not sure if the Q10 will work with their BYOP program, and tracfone workers are very uneducated and terribly uninformed. I want to know if I will be able to get dtata and if they know how to update the apn on BB10 if that would be needed if it is a new phone. I would just buy the phone and worry about this later but there is a $35 dollar restocking fee and since i am a teen and I will be paying with my own money I dont want to waste the money.I currently use a iPhone on tracfone that I bought and switched myself and data did not work at first. I recieved answers such as the phone was too old and and that i needed to clean the sim with a clean cloth, when all i needed todo was update the apn!!!!!! I really want BB10 even if im the only kid who does.If anyone has a Q10 or BB10 phone or tracfone or has info that would be great and THANKS
    07-04-17 06:54 PM
    I have a oppurtunity to get a new Q10 at a very good price, the only problem is that my current carrier is tracfone. I am not sure if the Q10 will work with their BYOP program, and tracfone workers are very uneducated and terribly uninformed. I want to know if I will be able to get dtata and if they know how to update the apn on BB10 if that would be needed if it is a new phone. I would just buy the phone and worry about this later but there is a $35 dollar restocking fee and since i am a teen and I will be paying with my own money I dont want to waste the money.I currently use a iPhone on tracfone that I bought and switched myself and data did not work at first. I recieved answers such as the phone was too old and and that i needed to clean the sim with a clean cloth, when all i needed todo was update the apn!!!!!! I really want BB10 even if im the only kid who does.If anyone has a Q10 or BB10 phone or tracfone or has info that would be great and THANKS
    If the phone is factory unlocked and it has the correct data bands, you're fine. If the phone was carrier locked and now is carrier unlocked, it's a different story. You need to verify which type of unlocked status and which exact model # from wherever you're getting device....
    07-04-17 07:03 PM
    I understand this phone does not require BIS
    07-04-17 08:17 PM
    I understand this phone does not require BIS
    Still doesn't change anything I mentioned in my earlier post. Different models of Q10 were made for different geographic regions globally and for specific carriers when not sold factory direct from Blackberry. Even factory direct has different models based on which international Blackberry site handled the actual sale.
    07-04-17 08:56 PM
    07-04-17 08:59 PM
    Still doesn't change anything I mentioned in my earlier post. Different models of Q10 were made for different geographic regions globally and for specific carriers when not sold factory direct from Blackberry. Even factory direct has different models based on which international Blackberry site handled the actual sale.
    is there any apn update required if the phone is new?
    07-04-17 09:45 PM
    I suppose that depends on phone model and who your actual carrier is...
    07-04-17 09:57 PM
    Why do u need apn for? Also it should be automatically configured by your sim
    07-04-17 09:58 PM
    Why do u need apn for? Also it should be automatically configured by your sim
    ok i was just concerned because i had to use a link to change the apn on a iphone i bought and switched to tracfone
    07-04-17 10:07 PM
    I suppose that depends on phone model and who your actual carrier is...
    I cant find the model number
    07-05-17 09:27 PM
    You said you are buying the phone new. I think it might help if you were able to tell us where you are buying it from and perhaps provide a link. That would tell us if the phone is carrier branded or if it came direct from blackberry. If the phone is sealed in its original packaging and unlocked, that would most likely indicate it is factory unlocked direct from blackberry. However, even if it is carrier unlocked, it's not difficult to change the apn. All you need to know is tracfones apn and then go into the settings on the q10 and change it. Since you already have the apn for the iPhone, the same apn should work in the q10. It's really a much more simple and accurate answer than what was given previously.
    07-06-17 12:29 AM
    You said you are buying the phone new. I think it might help if you were able to tell us where you are buying it from and perhaps provide a link. That would tell us if the phone is carrier branded or if it came direct from blackberry. If the phone is sealed in its original packaging and unlocked, that would most likely indicate it is factory unlocked direct from blackberry. However, even if it is carrier unlocked, it's not difficult to change the apn. All you need to know is tracfones apn and then go into the settings on the q10 and change it. Since you already have the apn for the iPhone, the same apn should work in the q10. It's really a much more simple and accurate answer than what was given previously.
    Here it is BlackBerry Q10 4G Cell Phone (Unlocked) Black Q10 - Best Buy
    07-06-17 10:38 AM
    Under carrier it says unlocked so I'm assuming it is factory unlocked. It should automatically aquire your carriers apn when you put your sim in but if it doesn't then try the apn you used in your iPhone.
    07-06-17 10:42 AM
    Under carrier it says unlocked so I'm assuming it is factory unlocked. It should automatically aquire your carriers apn when you put your sim in but if it doesn't then try the apn you used in your iPhone.
    I now realize that my iPhone was actually locked to att and thats why I had to use a link instead of most likely being changed automatically
    07-07-17 10:27 AM
    Even unlocked phones do not always automatically aquire a new carriers apn. I had a phone that was locked to TMo and I unlocked it to switch to simple mobile and had to reprogram the apn and it took me several different tries. Some carriers also have more than one apn and it may be trial and error to figure out which one works in your phone
    07-07-17 11:15 AM
    I have a VZW and AT&T sim. The Q10 automatically changes the APN and splash screen based off which sim is inserted.

TracFone uses both VZW (red US) and AT&T (blue US) on their phone boxes, I don't know if you can select the carrier with the sim or if it is auto assigned.

My Q10 is a #2 unlocked VZW.
    07-07-17 03:29 PM
    I have a VZW and AT&T sim. The Q10 automatically changes the APN and splash screen based off which sim is inserted.

TracFone uses both VZW (red US) and AT&T (blue US) on their phone boxes, I don't know if you can select the carrier with the sim or if it is auto assigned.

My Q10 is a #2 unlocked VZW.
    it can be unlocked, att compatible, verizon compatible, or tmobile compatible. I just want to know thatI can get servic for sure
    07-13-17 09:13 AM
    We have already covered this in depth. Yes you will be able to get service.
    07-13-17 09:25 AM
    The phone in the link is GSM version only and not CDMA version compatible. You can only use the phone if you're on GSM network, AT&T or T-Mobile. As long as your MVNO uses those networks, you're fine.
    07-13-17 10:07 AM