I just had a horrible experience of dropping my phone on carpet in a bumper case and seeing the LCD literally pop out. It tore the connecting cable with it. No need to go through the how as this is a classic case of the widely reported lack of glue under the LCD problem. I called and will get a replacement under warranty but two questions

1) has any1 gone through the replacement process and how is the new phone? Specifically the LCD?

2) how should I go about transferring my data to the replacement if the LCD is broken?

Been a long time BB lover but just so frustrated! Has the 8890, torch, classic, q10.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SeanZZ; 07-02-17 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-02-17 10:37 PM
    Hmm not that I'm aware of, but if you have back up in the cloud just sign in with the same Google account on the new device
    07-02-17 11:40 PM
    Yeah, that's enough report for me. No more K1
    07-02-17 11:53 PM
    I just had a horrible experience of dropping my phone on carpet in a bumper case and seeing the LCD literally pop out. It tore the connecting cable with it. No need to go through the how as this is a classic case of the widely reported lack of glue under the LCD problem. I called and will get a replacement under warranty but two questions

1) has any1 gone through the replacement process and how is the new phone? Specifically the LCD?

2) how should I go about transferring my data to the replacement if the LCD is broken?

Been a long time BB lover but just so frustrated! Has the 8890, torch, classic, q10.

Thanks!
    UPDATE: I called support and got a ticket. I called back after 48 hours and was told by "Geoffrey" the second generation phone shouldn't have this problem. I called again 72 hours after my initial report and was told I need to send the phone in for assessment and repair. I had sent them two pictures of the phone before showing the phone does not have any physical damage. The screen fell off due to manufacturing error (there's no glue!!!). The agent weirdly referred to my phone as "damaged" and that they first need to "assess to determine cost of repair", which made me really uncomfortable. I told them this is a defective phone that needs a replacement not repair. The agent was clearly reading off her computer screen and couldn't do anything. A manager is supported to call me back today. OMG...
    07-05-17 02:25 PM
    UPDATE: I called support and got a ticket. I called back after 48 hours and was told by "Geoffrey" the second generation phone shouldn't have this problem. I called again 72 hours after my initial report and was told I need to send the phone in for assessment and repair. I had sent them two pictures of the phone before showing the phone does not have any physical damage. The screen fell off due to manufacturing error (there's no glue!!!). The agent weirdly referred to my phone as "damaged" and that they first need to "assess to determine cost of repair", which made me really uncomfortable. I told them this is a defective phone that needs a replacement not repair. The agent was clearly reading off her computer screen and couldn't do anything. A manager is supported to call me back today. OMG...
    You have screen lift issue as well? If yes, I'll put you in the list

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 12:43 AM
    You have screen lift issue as well? If yes, I'll put you in the list

Posted via CB10
    No, this is SeanZZ. I lost my account info so tried a few and got in with my other account hahaha. sorry for the confusion.
    07-07-17 08:55 AM
    Likewise, I just reported the same issue with my Keyone and am looking for a method of retrieving info such as text messages to save and transfer once I get a replacement device. Currently gone back to my Z30.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12963622
    07-18-17 10:35 AM
    Got the same problem. Screen fell off and cable tore. Any ideas where to buy a replacement cable? Without having USB-Debugging enabled, I don't see any other way to rescue the data.
    07-19-17 07:57 AM
    It's truly sad, same goes for me, screen falls off and tore the connector as well. Phoned BB Mobile, and they agreed I need a replacement, and they needed my CC in case other damages, no probs was happy to give it to them cause I am missing the K1. That is as far as we got. Two weeks, and no shipment verification as of yet, but they send me a nice letter each day at the same time explaining once they get the shipping ticket they will pass it along to me. I am in the same boat and have a black screen and cannot get any information from it. I am also concerned about BB getting all my personal information off it because I cannot erase it. I have never had a problem with any of my BB devices in the past, love the product, but I have to admit Apple ( bad word) was tons faster getting me a new phone to me some years ago. I booted up a PRIV I had, and I am quite happy. I was thinking I can take the PRIV and transfer my data over to the new K1, however quite a bit will be missing, but it is a start.
    10-06-17 06:18 PM