Is it worth buying blackberryz30 now?
    06-24-17 03:43 AM
    What do you mean now? I never bought into the whole time topic with smartphones. Is a Z30 a good buy in 2017? Who cares. It's a great phone for what it is.. yes it doesn't have a snapdragon 820 with 8gb of ram and three cameras. It's just a simple great machine. Buy it.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-24-17 08:25 AM
    Yes, provided you don't expect it to do everything that a modern Android will do, in terms of running applications. And bear in mind that we will probably start to see some web browsing issues in the coming months, as the native browser has likely had its last update. Other, supported browsers are available though, I think.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 09:02 AM
    Just bought two, one to replace my aging one and one for family member. They do anything you need, if it can't you most likely don't REALLY need to do it by phone. I did use a priv, came back to z30,...it just works.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 07:33 PM
    Just bought two, one to replace my aging one and one for family member. They do anything you need, if it can't you most likely don't REALLY need to do it by phone. I did use a priv, came back to z30,...it just works.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously. Z30 still rocks going to be a sad day when I'm forced to change phones. Hopefully that will some time far far away

Posted via CB10
    MaeiusZZ likes this.
    06-26-17 10:28 AM
    As long as you're aware of BB10's current predicament and your smartphone needs are simple, then yeah, it'll suffice.
    06-26-17 10:41 AM
    Calling. Texting. Emailing. Scheduling. Taking notes. Storing important docs and accessing them in the cloud. Taking occasional pictures. Listening to podcasts and music. Playing chess. Learning languages(flashcards). Reading ebooks. Voice recording. Checking Facebook,Twitter and Instagram. Watching YouTube videos.

That's all I do on my z30 and for me that's more than enough. The phone performs all these things just fine. Two days of battery life. Got my iPad for heavier app-oriented kind of activities and deeper web browsing.

I want to keep this Blackberry device for as long as possible.
    06-26-17 12:15 PM
    exactly !!!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 11:01 AM
    Know what your needs are is all, the Z30 is still plenty capable but it is not an Android or iPhone. If you NEED iMessage then it obviously won't do.

I had to help setup somebody else's Nexus the other day. My gosh that is a horribly painful OS coming from BlackBerry!! I don't know how people put up with it.

If you gave me a choice of old BlackBerry Z30 or new Android today (yes June 2017), I would take the Z30. Hands down.
    (well unless I get to sell the Android, then I would do that, buy a Z30 and pocket the change)
    06-30-17 03:56 PM
    Know what your needs are is all, the Z30 is still plenty capable but it is not an Android or iPhone. If you NEED iMessage then it obviously won't do.

I had to help setup somebody else's Nexus the other day. My gosh that is a horribly painful OS coming from BlackBerry!! I don't know how people put up with it.

If you gave me a choice of old BlackBerry Z30 or new Android today (yes June 2017), I would take the Z30. Hands down.
    (well unless I get to sell the Android, then I would do that, buy a Z30 and pocket the change)
    Just relegated by Dtek50 to Sonos control and bougfht a new Z30. Chopped up a new Z10 dock; works nice.
    DetritalGeo likes this.
    07-02-17 03:43 PM
    Z30 is best phone I am being using this phone from last 5 years with up dated application and OS every thing is good
    07-04-17 12:20 PM
    Just buy it if you want. It is a good smartphone for a daily driver.

Posted from my lovely  Z30
    07-04-17 02:51 PM
    More than enough for me. I use the Z30 for most media consumption because of the screen and for running android apps because it's faster than my Q5. I have the Q5 for all the basic stuff such as emails, calls and texts.

Posted via the awesome  BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.2.2876
    07-09-17 10:12 PM
    Depends on how cheap you can buy it for..
    07-10-17 05:59 AM
    Also if you are coming from iOS or Android depends on how much do you rely on apps. We have to accept Z30 have some lags to run heavy android apps but I reasonable does.

But for price, communication capabilities, the Hub and IMHO best virtual keyboard predictions and gestures, that's why I am still using my Z30 and sold my iPhone 7 and oneplus 3

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 08:29 AM