I've been digging around a bit and there is a restriction on the native WhatsApp app that if you switch between multiple devices, it will eventually get blocked.

This is the link: https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb/21009...tegory=5245245

I've done this several times with a secondary line I have on my Passport for test purposes, which includes switching to and from the Android version and had also closed and reopened the WhatsApp account a couple of times. As a consequence, I'm no longer able to register the number from scratch on my Passport using the BB10 app.

I've not tried it so far with the Android version, but at least with the BB10 one, I get a message saying the app is outdated and must be updated (even with today's most recent version from BBW, 2.17.1.2).

Nonetheless, when I tried registering on the same BB10 app on my Passport but using the number from my main line (PRIV) I was able to proceed with the setup process (even got the verification SMS). Thus, I've come to the aforementioned conclusion.

I did contact WhatsApp to inquire, but got the automated response that they're no longer providing customer support for BB10 users, so that's that...

Anyway, BB10 users beware of this issue if you've been switching and/or closing and reopening your account between the BB10 and Android versions.

Also, has any other user faced the same issue?

Edit with solution: I got it fixed, it seems that what the BB10 app could not do is open the account from scratch (as I mentioned I had closed it). So the solution was to download the Android apk, do the setup and once the account was created, doing it on the BB10 app. It worked.

So if any other user faces this issue, just download the Android app, go through the setup and verification and then do it on the BB10 app.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 06-19-17 at 06:11 PM.
    06-19-17 01:27 PM
    I've never had an issue with registering my WhatsApp and I go back and forth with my 6S Plus, S7 Edge, Passport, and Classic.

But then again I've been using my S7 Edge for the past 2 months so hopefully nothing's really changed.
    06-19-17 02:46 PM
    I've been digging around a bit and there is a restriction on the native WhatsApp app that if you switch between multiple devices, it will eventually get blocked.

This is the link: https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb/21009...tegory=5245245

I've done this several times with a secondary line I have on my Passport for test purposes, which includes switching to and from the Android version and had also closed and reopened the WhatsApp account a couple of times. As a consequence, I'm no longer able to register the number from scratch on my Passport using the BB10 app.

I've not tried it so far with the Android version, but at least with the BB10 one, I get a message saying the app is outdated and must be updated (even with today's most recent version from BBW, 2.17.1.2).

Nonetheless, when I tried registering on the same BB10 app on my Passport but using the number from my main line (PRIV) I was able to proceed with the setup process (even got the verification SMS). Thus, I've come to the aforementioned conclusion.

I did contact WhatsApp to inquire, but got the automated response that they're no longer providing customer support for BB10 users, so that's that...

Anyway, BB10 users beware of this issue if you've been switching and/or closing and reopening your account between the BB10 and Android versions.

Also, has any other user faced the same issue?

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    wait a day then reboot and try native WA again

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 03:35 PM
    If you activated the security code "two step verification code" you need to deactivate it on Android or ios version before you register in bb10 version. The bb10 can't hand accounts with those codes activated. I took me weeks to find out it a even the support guys didn't know it. :/
    06-19-17 05:25 PM
    If you activated the security code "two step verification code" you need to deactivate it on Android or ios version before you register in bb10 version. The bb10 can't hand accounts with those codes activated. I took me weeks to find out it a even the support guys didn't know it. :/
    I'll try both ways (the reboot method and wait a day) and what you mention. Is the security code option within the Android WhatsApp app?

Thanks for the answers, I'll give these a try and report back.

Edit: I got it fixed, it seems that what the BB10 app could not do is open the account from scratch (as I mentioned I had closed it). So the solution was to download the Android apk, do the setup and once the account was created, doing it on the BB10 app. It worked.

BTW, I checked in the Android version and didn't have two step security enabled.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 06-19-17 at 06:09 PM.
    06-19-17 05:56 PM
    Edit: I got it fixed, it seems that what the BB10 app could not do is open the account from scratch (as I mentioned I had closed it). So the solution was to download the Android apk, do the setup and once the account was created, doing it on the BB10 app. It worked.

BTW, I checked in the Android version and didn't have two step security enabled.
    Thank you! I had the same issue (on Q10). Already gave up and installed apk again, but tried your solution and it worked.
    Regards from Croatia!
    Last edited by Magnetox; 06-19-17 at 09:21 PM.
    06-19-17 09:06 PM
    cheers from Russia! It works! Thanks & stay true to BB10)
    10-04-17 06:00 AM