OK. So I reported my issue on blackberrymobile.com and still have no reply. I tried calling and have spent 52 minutes on hold last night and 33 minutes on hold today. I am done. Going to stop at BestBuy tonight to see what they will do and then the next call will be to my credit card company.

My question... for those of you who received a replacement... How confident are you that the problem has been adequately addressed and that it will not happen again in a few months? I'm not sure if I can drink that kool-aid
    07-25-17 10:34 AM
    Maybe a proper way to check if a K1 is ok or not with the screen's glue is not only to make the suction cup test, but to make it _after_ having put the phone in a ventilated, temperature controlled owen, at around 50/55 C for 2-3 hours.

Then, if the screen will detach, lets reattach it with adhesive tape, so no tore cable risk.

I'll make this test tonight.
    You're a brave man!
    07-25-17 01:11 PM
    My screen fell out on Friday night, bought from Rogers in Canada. I called BlackBerry Mobile Canadian support line the next morning and they sent me an email asking to reply back with pictures. I did this multiple times but the rep stated he hasn't received my email. We tried multiple email addresses to no avail. The rep said he would contact me within the hour if he doesn't receive the emails but I received no contact since. Anyone else have this issue with BlackBerry Mobile Canada's email?
    I had the same problem. Tried sending smaller pictures, also tried sending them from a different account, no joy. I do not get an email rejection notice or anything. I just called them and they proceeded with the RMA without the pictures. I am going to put them in the box when I send the old phone back.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-17 03:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1116194

Miketedeschi (no pics)

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1114688

Knebeone (no pics) - not sure if this has already been included in the count

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Last edited by evodevo69; 07-25-17 at 05:16 PM.
    07-25-17 03:59 PM
    This is truly ridiculous.

Even the Note 7 never got this bad, I think a few guys posted on Reddit and that was it, they did a recall, long before it even hit 50 cases.

Where are we with this now? Over 100? On a phone that has probably not even hit 100,000 units sold?
    07-25-17 04:54 PM
    This is truly ridiculous.

Even the Note 7 never got this bad, I think a few guys posted on Reddit and that was it, they did a recall, long before it even hit 50 cases.

Where are we with this now? Over 100? On a phone that has probably not even hit 100,000 units sold?
    I read the Note 7 had 32 or so officially acknowledged reports by Samsung but user reports hit 90 or something.

We are well over 100 yes, I think closer to 120+ and it's growing on CB alone. I'm not even catching all the reports because I only come across them by chance whenever someone just makes a random comment sometimes in a thread of an unrelated topic lol

Not everyone reports it either eh lol

They'll just make a comment about their repair or warranty experience in the context of screen lifts when others discuss it...

Just see above kchronic and jimbask! Lol

07-25-17 05:12 PM
    I read the Note 7 had 32 or so officially acknowledged reports by Samsung but user reports hit 90 or something.

We are well over 100 yes, I think closer to 120+ and it's growing on CB alone. I'm not even catching all the reports because I only come across them by chance whenever someone just makes a random comment sometimes in a thread of an unrelated topic lol

Over 120, WTF!?

Haha, same here, I am seeing reports in all sorts of random places, not just at CB, but Twitter and Reddit to.
    07-25-17 05:21 PM
    Over 120, WTF!?

Haha, same here, I am seeing reports in all sorts of random places, not just at CB, but Twitter and Reddit to.
    Big difference with the Note 7. That was a design issue that made a dangerous situation inevitable.

This is a issue in the early manufacturing process (or QC of that process) which generates a higher failure rate than expected or desired.

I have actually tried to pry my screen off without success.
    07-25-17 05:38 PM
    Attachment 427639

Yesterday my screen left the phone; I was only listening music out the phone speaker.. Screen is not working anymore now.. Called BlackberryMobile, waiting now for a free shipping ticket. (8 weeks old Keyone)
    I don't know why I find it hilarious that screens just spontaneously eject out of this phone. Nothing comes to mind from my experience that has been such a hyped up dud.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-25-17 06:11 PM
    ok.. i just got my KEYone... dunno when can i start updating the list back because... can't seem to put this phone down... ahhhhh!!!!!!

but yeah, like @thurask said, "wayyyy more than it should be" lol!
    07-25-17 08:33 PM
    Update from me:

Today I received the replacement 'new' keyone.
    - arrived from SBE Ltd UK via DPD.
    - on the label it still says 24/05 - I guess it was new but repaired from the old stock - after the pkb episode on the old one, I've analyzed it very in detail - seems to be new.
    - I'm still copying everything from the old 'repaired' one - further updates to follow.
    - I haven't received yet the feeport ticket to send the old one back.

This is the way it arrived. Plain white box, bubble wrap and the original foils including one on the front proximity sensor.
    This is a bit of good news! Please keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:53 PM
    Received mine 6/5, screen just popped out 😭
    07-25-17 10:17 PM
    Pics!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 11:22 PM
    This is madness.

Sorry to hear that. Hope the warranty claim does not take too long for you.
    07-26-17 12:06 AM
    this is nasty! I'm nervous my screen will fall - so irritated
    07-26-17 12:50 AM
    I am not able to find this in the uae market.. and i hv went through a lot of trouble to find from where i can order. But reading the above i think i shouldn't. Please advise if bb has already fixed this issue or if ii should conpletely ignore this phone and wait for the nxt one or buy another brand device instead.
    07-26-17 03:17 AM
    I am not able to find this in the uae market.. and i hv went through a lot of trouble to find from where i can order. But reading the above i think i shouldn't. Please advise if bb has already fixed this issue or if ii should conpletely ignore this phone and wait for the nxt one or buy another brand device instead.
    If you REALLY NEED a Physical Keyboard, then I'd say wait a month or 2 for the phones that have the issue addressed to get in the market.

If you don't need a Physical Keyboard rather look at the other flagships:

-Sony Xperia XZ Premium
    -Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
    -Huawei P10 Plus
    -LG G6
    -OnePlus 5
    -Google Pixel XL
    07-26-17 04:13 AM
    My problem being. My current phone is testing my patience as i was already waiting for the release of the iPhone new. But my current device is on its last breath and i was looking forward for a more unique phone like the Keyone . I am done with glass slabs if u no what i mean. Plus usually i am very bad with typing on touch screens and i have to reply to work mails and pyshical keyboard in my opinion is a little more accurate. Plus i need a device for communication usage rather than media as i carry out that on my iPad. Please advise i should still reconsider waiting for iPhone or wait " if i can " that is for the new one or still keep fingers crossed and buy this..hopefully u wont bash me for this long msg its just living without a phone thats not working is really frustrating
    07-26-17 04:22 AM
    Pics!

Posted via CB10
    KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_0002.jpg On the phone with BBmobile now, they will ship a new unit 2 day shipping so I should have it by Monday Tuesday.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-17 08:57 AM
    07-26-17 01:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	427692https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1909d19a79.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5583c8dbbe.jpg On the phone with BBmobile now, they will ship a new unit 2 day shipping so I should have it by Monday Tuesday.
    Nice pics! Use the first one for the CrackBerry giveaway contest. LOL
    Grabber5.0, Carjackd and elfabio80 like this.
    07-26-17 01:47 PM
    So I received the replacement KEYone yesterday (exactly 6 days from reporting to issue to BBMo). The device did not come in the KEYone packaging used when buying a new device, rather it was just bubble wrapped in a shipping box. The device did have the clear stickers in the front and back with the back sticker containing a label stating Made in China. Odd thing is that the box contained a letter saying that my phone had been repaired. Since I still have my original phone, not sure if I received a 1) new phone from fixed batches, 2) a refurbished phone that someone else returned, or 3) perhaps a new phone from the first flawed batch that was subsequently fixed. In any event, assuming that the screen in now fixed, I'm happy with this phone - it looks good and so far works great. Overall, happy with the customer service. Here's the letter. I have 5 days to return the original phone to FinetechWin (same company that sent the replacement phone).
    My replacement keyone also had the letter saying my phone had been repaired. I think they are just using the same generic repair letter on new replacements. But my phone came in a box not bubble wrapped and with all the accessories.
    07-26-17 05:36 PM
    Sent mine in about a week ago, so no pictures. Back on my PRIV for the time being.

Picked up my k1 on launch day from SaskTel, just noticed the screen starting to pop off early last week. Was actually just gonna take it to a cell phone repair place to reglue the screen down instead of sending it in, but then the screen quit working, so that was that.

I used to love my PRIV, but after having the k1 for a while now, I'm dying to get it back.
    07-26-17 06:52 PM
    This is a issue in the early manufacturing process (or QC of that process) which generates a higher failure rate than expected or desired.
    In the company I'm working, production process is divided into batch per batch and each batch they do the qc tests to make sure all the products at the same batch are identically same.

I don't know if TCL has different method of how they do the tests of the products in a batch, but I don't think that those 120 screen lifted devices that have been reported were produced at the same batch.
    07-26-17 08:25 PM
    In the company I'm working, production process is divided into batch per batch and each batch they do the qc tests to make sure all the products at the same batch are identically same.

I don't know if TCL has different method of how they do the tests of the products in a batch, but I don't think that those 120 screen lifted devices that have been reported were produced at the same batch.
    Regardless, their QC process didn't catch it.
    07-26-17 09:35 PM
1,582 ... 1718192021 ...