Man, $550 for this kind of product! What kind of quality control does TCL have?

****Berry
    07-22-17 07:04 AM
    Ordered mine July 15the from best buy received it on the 18th and just a few minuets ago the lower left corner of the screen popped up on my way to best buy to return so sad such a nice device
    07-22-17 06:38 PM
    Circle jerk...BlackBerry is a disgrace for doing nothing about this... TCL gets blamed by BlackBerry and vice versa... they do business like jailbirds and need to be investigated & locked up the whole bunch... I hope I never have to deal with them ever

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 06:49 PM
    Just left best buy took the return no problem such a shame won't order another one until I am sure the issue is fixed.
    07-22-17 07:29 PM
    Circle jerk...BlackBerry is a disgrace for doing nothing about this... TCL gets blamed by BlackBerry and vice versa... they do business like jailbirds and need to be investigated & locked up the whole bunch... I hope I never have to deal with them ever

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has nothing to do with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They are simply a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).

TCL has made good. They have changed the production line, and have committed to supporting the existing users.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    07-22-17 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry has nothing to do with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They are simply a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).

TCL has made good. They have changed the production line, and have committed to supporting the existing users.
    TCL have not made good. Their customer service is not uniform globally.

Their communications from mine and others perspective in Europe has been poor at best and have not answers questions only given generic statements.

I like the keyone. Mine feels much less laggy after its return and new software but how they have handled this problem....

Lessons must be learned TCL/BBmobile.
    herr_tan, Barbareren and mister2d like this.
    07-23-17 12:37 AM
    No. This failing phone was designed by BlackBerry. Why everyone keeps "forgetting" this.
    http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...d-more-1663540
    07-23-17 02:32 AM
    This.. I don't know how your logic goes. For real.
    Barbareren and anon(10218918) like this.
    07-23-17 03:32 AM

Didnt BlackBerry design the K1? Doesn't that mean they had some say in materials used?
    07-23-17 04:52 AM
    No. This failing phone was designed by BlackBerry. Why everyone keeps "forgetting" this.
    http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...d-more-1663540
    Designed yes, not manufactured - who knows perhaps TCL build quality isn't the same as RIM
    07-23-17 05:04 AM
    Ordered mine July 15the from best buy received it on the 18th and just a few minuets ago the lower left corner of the screen popped up on my way to best buy to return so sad such a nice device
    The date isn't really good cause it could have been from the old batch - this reads like you got a screen issue with a new "fixed" one - either way more and more reason why they need to specify!!

I know I went to Best Buy to get my Chromebook+ and they had to dig in the cages someone hid it etc. Ugh this whole situation is annoying - could it be the stress from case? Use outside? I use my device bare - I feel so much for those who have had screen fallout! Especially those who ribbon broke and data lost - I wish I knew if my unit was bad or good
    07-23-17 05:07 AM
    Oh dear. The Blackberry KEYone saga continues. At least you guys get refunds.
    07-23-17 05:10 AM

Sorry, but if anyone thinks that a KEYone bought on the 18th of July and the screen is already starting to fall out, is a sign that TCL are making good, then those people need to take a reality check. Blackberry are no better so stop defending them too. It's a total disgrace the way us in the UK have been shafted by the Blackberry Mobile warranty. Have they considered moving into manufacturing toilet paper that is specifically used to print out warranties on? Could be very lucrative.
    Barbareren and mister2d like this.
    07-23-17 05:17 AM
    Man, $550 for this kind of product! What kind of quality control does TCL have?

****Berry
    Zero springs to mind
    07-23-17 05:18 AM
    They need to pull all keyones that were made before the screen process changed and issue new ones to anyone that has the problem not repair it.
    07-23-17 06:34 AM
    They need to pull all keyones that were made before the screen process changed and issue new ones to anyone that has the problem not repair it.
    100 agree with this. However they've only done this in North America as in Europe we have to be without a phone. 18 days in my case.
    07-23-17 06:41 AM
    100 agree with this. However they've only done this in North America as in Europe we have to be without a phone. 18 days in my case.
    I followed the Blackberry Care route via this forum, as well as going to my local CPW store (advised me to contact TCL, still waiting for a reply). So far not sent my phone to SBEUKLTD as not good reviews. Did SBE repair your screen/ribbon or did you receive a new upgraded KEYone? Cheers.
    07-23-17 08:50 AM
    Agreed. Except this is not the case in the UK. :-(
    07-23-17 08:51 AM
    I followed the Blackberry Care route via this forum, as well as going to my local CPW store (advised me to contact TCL, still waiting for a reply). So far not sent my phone to SBEUKLTD as not good reviews. Did SBE repair your screen/ribbon or did you receive a new upgraded KEYone? Cheers.
    I am currently working in Germany and a company called Protel over here fixed mine.

New screen. Looks a good job they did.
    07-23-17 09:49 AM
    Got my K1 from carphone warehouse a 2 months ago. Currently on a 2 month family vaction so I downloaded all the travel apps (which are very helpful) that I never had on my classic. phone fell from the night stand, on a carpet. Screen popped off. Keyboard still works, but screen wont turn on. Very upset since now I have to run to a computer to see flights, hotels etc. Not returing to UK until late August. Total let down since I loved the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170719_145449.jpg  
    07-23-17 10:27 AM
    Got my K1 from carphone warehouse a 2 months ago. Currently on a 2 month family vaction so I downloaded all the travel apps (which are very helpful) that I never had on my classic. phone fell from the night stand, on a carpet. Screen popped off. Keyboard still works, but screen wont turn on. Very upset since now I have to run to a computer to see flights, hotels etc. Not returing to UK until late August. Total let down since I loved the phone.
    Did you not see the threads and posts about this before you decided to take your K1 as your exclusive device on a long trip loll

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-23-17 10:51 AM
    Tell me about it! While I still have my classic. I just ordered a zte axon 7 mini to use while I'm traveling
    07-23-17 11:02 AM
    This was my first Blackberry purchased for personal use, and I experienced the screen lift issue last night. It actually literally fell off while using the keyboard. When I put it back into place it went black and now does not work at all I am really annoyed because I really like the device but the quality control is pathetic and I have no confidence in the replacement I am working on getting.

I picked it up early June and immediately put it into the official Blackberry clamshell case.

I will post pictures later (my only camera was the phone itself) as proof.

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_0019.jpg
    Last edited by kchronic; 07-23-17 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Add picture
    07-23-17 11:08 AM
    My screen fell out on Friday night, bought from Rogers in Canada. I called BlackBerry Mobile Canadian support line the next morning and they sent me an email asking to reply back with pictures. I did this multiple times but the rep stated he hasn't received my email. We tried multiple email addresses to no avail. The rep said he would contact me within the hour if he doesn't receive the emails but I received no contact since. Anyone else have this issue with BlackBerry Mobile Canada's email?
    07-23-17 11:24 AM
    I'm starting to believe every keyone before the change in manufacturing will have a screen lift issue.
    What a ball to drop.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-23-17 11:36 AM
1,582 ... 1415161718 ...