Thanks! I shall find out tomorrow morning.
    07-19-17 12:30 PM
    Replacement arrived today. I take back all the bad stuff I've said over the past two weeks lol
    herr_tan and FF22 like this.
    07-19-17 01:56 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4f6a771ead.jpg Replacement arrived today. I take back all the bad stuff I've said over the past two weeks lol
    "Swap stock"
    Lol.
    Lucky you.
    07-19-17 02:02 PM
    "Swap stock"
    Lol.
    Lucky you.
    It's a brand new unit, no refurbished here.
    07-19-17 02:06 PM
    It's a brand new unit, no refurbished here.
    Good news!! 😀

Any dates on it?
    07-19-17 03:10 PM
    I bought my from unlocked-mobiles.com and have tried multiple times to contact them and BlackBerry Mobile to get my screen issue solved. Neither company answers the phone and neither make any response to emails. It looks like their game plan is just stay silent and ignore the problem and shaft the customer. I have never had an experience like this with any product purchase online, ever. I have bought hundreds of items, many of them small online and never been treated with such obvious contempt. Its kind of amazing they are so brazen about it!
    07-19-17 05:01 PM
    At least no one can say that BlackBerry is treated unfairly by the media. If this type of issue happened to Samsung or Apple it would be non stop coverage of it like it was with Antenna-Gate or Note's exploding. There hasn't been a mention of this anywhere besides an initial report by a small number of sites. It would be Global news if it was Apple or Samsung.
    07-19-17 05:25 PM
    ALL I got my replacement a week ago and have not had any issues. The phone feels the same, acts the same, but with a screen that actually sticks. I did a four-point suction test (nothing aggressive) on the corners of the display and found no give. Out of fear of disappointment I didn't pull it very hard and always kept a finger or two at the center of the screen in case it "popped" out.

So far so good I guess.

IMPORTANT: here's an advice to the lucky few who have not had this happen yet (too many Hs yet?). Install TeamViewer and enable access from your laptop. If your screen falls off and the ribbon tears, you'll still have an option to recover your data. I always have TeamViewer installed but I wish I had done that in time.

ALSO IMPORTANT: ESCALATE your case until you get a replacement. TCL stopped short of a recall but that doesn't mean they can get away with it. Demand that you get a replacement BEFORE you send in yours. Repair will take FOREVER and once they have your phone it's OUT OF YOUR CONTROL!
    Maybe not the right place for the question but since you recommended TeamViewer, I just grabbed it. But it asks for what I'll call "connection permission" but if the screen is dead how do you provide the necessary reply? Can it be set to always have such permission?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-19-17 06:17 PM
    I sent mine back to Blackberry last week. Was told the replacement will arrive sometime this week. So far I've been pleased with the process, sent them photos and they agreed to do the replacement without any further hassle.
    Let's us know if you can tell any difference with the replacement.
    07-19-17 08:09 PM
    Good news!!

Any dates on it?
    No dates on it. I originally had the UK version sent to me in Canada, but this new one they've sent is the NA model. Other than that, everything seems the same.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-19-17 10:08 PM
    Maybe not the right place for the question but since you recommended TeamViewer, I just grabbed it. But it asks for what I'll call "connection permission" but if the screen is dead how do you provide the necessary reply? Can it be set to always have such permission?
    Looks like Blackberry version of the Android OS isn't supported right now. I used to own a HUAWEI and all I had to do was install and sign-in to my account.
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/...ices/ta-p/4730

I'll post something here if I figure it out.
    FF22 and anon(3641385) like this.
    07-19-17 10:45 PM
    Looks like Blackberry version of the Android OS isn't supported right now. I used to own a HUAWEI and all I had to do was install and sign-in to my account.
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/...ices/ta-p/4730

I'll post something here if I figure it out.
    Ok sorry guys, just one last post on this topic. I explored different options, including a generic VNC. None of them has the "unattended access" feature. i.e. you still need the screen to confirm the connection to PC. FAIL.

The following will give you VIEW-ONLY access to your screen but that could work if you also use an OTG plug to hook up an external mouse to your phone. Here goes.

1) Searching for "TeamViewer Host" in play store. This is the app you'd want to install for unattended access to your phone
    2) Sign-in with your TeamViewer account. It's free.
    3) BIND a key on your keyboard to launch the app in case it gets shut down
    4) Install the software on your PC, login, and find the phone. Connect to it using "Remote Control".
    5) There will be a message saying "This device supports screen sharing only". But you'll be able to see (mirror) your phone's contents!
    6) Connect an OTG cable and a USB mouse to KeyOne.

Now you should be able to use the mouse to navigate and TeamViewer to see what you're doing!

Not the perfect solution but could be useful if you're desperate.
    anon(3641385) and FF22 like this.
    07-19-17 11:28 PM
    At least no one can say that BlackBerry is treated unfairly by the media. If this type of issue happened to Samsung or Apple it would be non stop coverage of it like it was with Antenna-Gate or Note's exploding. There hasn't been a mention of this anywhere besides an initial report by a small number of sites. It would be Global news if it was Apple or Samsung.
    That's a good point 😀
    07-20-17 05:19 AM
    There is a difference though.
    The antenna and battery problems were not at all fixable; attaching the screen with some adhesive is on the other hand a task that any little repair shop can easily accomplish.

Sure there are the tore cable cases: the real issue is IMO if someone has his cable ripped without a significant drop
    (just seen, btw, an Iphone 7 glass shattered after a 2 feet drop).

Its exactly because of this risk that I think that BBM should illustrate a way to test for ok/notok glue.
    Of course I know that this will not happen.
    So, maybe the suction cup test is enough, maybe not.
    07-20-17 06:03 AM
    "Swap stock"
    Lol.
    Lucky you.
    @herr_tan: when you sent the screen-lifted phone to repair, was the screen cable broken or still intact?
    Sorry, am too lazy to search for your first few posts where there is a pic.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 06:22 AM
    "Swap stock"
    Lol.
    Lucky you.
    I have posted this in another forum post, but CPW have told me that they know about the faulty phones and that their stock holds none of the dodgy units (guaranteed it)... so that is either BS, or like this post "swap stock" maybe TCL actually know the batch of phones which are faulty and may have told their suppliers... just not us!
    07-20-17 06:29 AM
    @herr_tan: when you sent the screen-lifted phone to repair, was the screen cable broken or still intact?
    Sorry, am too lazy to search for your first few posts where there is a pic.

Posted via CB10
    Was still intact and the phone working. After 2 weeks the status on the Repair Center's website said: awaiting component and then when I asked support@ what component (they ran out of glue?) They told me over the phone that a new screen will be fitted - but I will get a new replacement anyway - which I didn't (still waiting)
    07-20-17 07:29 AM
    There is a difference though.
    The antenna and battery problems were not at all fixable; attaching the screen with some adhesive is on the other hand a task that any little repair shop can easily accomplish.

Sure there are the tore cable cases: the real issue is IMO if someone has his cable ripped without a significant drop
    (just seen, btw, an Iphone 7 glass shattered after a 2 feet drop).

Its exactly because of this risk that I think that BBM should illustrate a way to test for ok/notok glue.
    Of course I know that this will not happen.
    So, maybe the suction cup test is enough, maybe not.
    Actually the antenna issue was an easy fix, use a case, which Apple provided for free if you wanted one. Note issue agreed was more of an issue but there is no disputing the fact that if iPhone's or Galaxies had screens falling out it would be national news.

Also, the KEYone screen can shatter too from a two foot drop. Glass is glass and it will shatter if it falls right or if not protected.
    07-20-17 09:14 AM
    Actually the antenna issue was an easy fix, use a case, which Apple provided for free if you wanted one. Note issue agreed was more of an issue but there is no disputing the fact that if iPhone's or Galaxies had screens falling out it would be national news.

Also, the KEYone screen can shatter too from a two foot drop. Glass is glass and it will shatter if it falls right or if not protected.
    Not to be ultra-nitpicker, but the free case was not a fix, it was a workaround.
    And, plenty of people who doesnt like using cases...

I agree with you on the fact that, likely, if it were Samsung or Apple phones lifting, yes there would be huge news coverage.
    Benefits of having an ultra-small market share, maybe, but the fact that correctly reattaching the screen is an easy fix remains, IMO.

About the glass shattering, it was not to claim that the K1 is shattering-proof, its to claim the opposite, i.e. that in some circumstances a popped-out screen after a drop could have been instead a shattered glass, given enough glue to keep it firmly attached.
    So, it would have been ok if the screen pops out instead of shattering... but its not ok if the cable tears.

All of the above not to justify an evident fault (wrong / not enough glue AND fragile cable), only to clarify my thoughts:
    I'd prefer without a doubt if the fix, instead of more glue, or also along, more glue, will be a more robust cable.
    07-20-17 10:06 AM

A plastic case that is worth a few dollars to Apple is trivial. What is far more important here is Apple acknowledged and eventually fixed that antennae problem.

Is there any hope TCL is going to do this for the KEYone? Perhaps I should have posted a YouTube video of my signal readings before I returned it.
    07-20-17 10:14 AM
    The state of the returned "repaired" keyone by SBE Ltd UK..

Upper chrome of the pkb is bended;
    The Q/# key has been stressed and now it's wobbling and the enter key doesn't click anymore..
    That's just so wrong. SBEUKLTD haven't gained that 1.8 star rating from 72 customers for nothing. They worked hard to achieve it. Thanks Blackberry for A) Not providing your UK customers with a new, upgraded KEYone. B) But instead having us use a 3rd rate bodge job repair (really) company.
    07-20-17 11:00 AM

Glass is glass you say. Screens that fall out are screens that fall out, by your logic mate.
    07-20-17 11:06 AM
    Screens that fall out are screens that fall out.
    When it's a K1, yes
    07-20-17 11:08 AM
    Was still intact and the phone working. After 2 weeks the status on the Repair Center's website said: awaiting component and then when I asked support@ what component (they ran out of glue?) They told me over the phone that a new screen will be fitted - but I will get a new replacement anyway - which I didn't (still waiting)
    Thanks for replying.
    I was thinking that probably if the cable had been broken they would've sent a new one as screen might not be available for spare part. But think about it again and I figure that with this kind of service you'll never know what's coming.
    Waiting to see what they will do in your case after damaging the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 11:11 AM
    I hope you didn't send yours to the same repair center (SBE).

Called the Blackberry Hotline and the guy lost his words when I told him to check the email I just sent to see the photos - he started blabbering :/
    Told them that if I don't recieve a brand new revised one in the next 2-3 working days, I will contact trading standards, my bank and lawyer to address this legally. Unacceptable

Thanks @BlackBerry Mobile
    I emailed CPW ref this issue as part of my credit card companies claim against CPW bank. I actually said in my email the phone is not of merchantable quality and as such I expect a new upgraded KEYone replacement. That had no effect with CPW what so ever. I simply received a standard worded reply from them. Total joke. Wish I'd bought a Google Pixel now.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    07-20-17 11:13 AM
1,582 ... 1213141516 ...