waiting for WIFI calling, but now I can use data and talk at same time. Thank You!
    kbz1960 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-14-17 11:40 AM
    *#*#46368676#*#*
    then under "phone information" untick everything then re-tick everything
    then restart your phone
    Awesome. Worked for me. Thanks!
    ummie4 likes this.
    06-14-17 03:22 PM
    Where in the phone do you enter the *#*# code before going to phone information unticking etc.?
    06-14-17 05:36 PM
    Where in the phone do you enter the *#*# code before going to phone information unticking etc.?
    Phone dialer
    brunibruni, RadioTech and FF22 like this.
    06-14-17 06:05 PM
    Interestingly, I was messing with some of my PRIV apps on KeyOne and needed to reload via autoloader. When I popped in my SIM from priv to KeyOne Verizon account showed something like "ODI Device." When I activated again after switching back to Priv, I used the Verizon BYOD activation via IMEI. Verizon account now shows BLACKBERRY-BBB-100-3 as my device name. Just thought that was interesting... If you care about the Verizon ODI program, you can read more here https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....certified.html
    06-15-17 07:29 AM
    also, by default HD voice was enabled but it force blocks video calling. If you go to verizon account and go to "My plan and services" then "blocks" then "services," you can see block video calling is default set to "yes" and you are unable to change to "no" and save.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-15-17 07:37 AM
    Yes, this works! It seems the phone by default, for whatever reason, does not like Voice HD and Verizon does not know what to do on this phone and how to set it up. They should now because I had to tell them from this post. The above fix does work and activated VoiceHD. So, no problem on browsing and talking at the same time! And the HD logo even shows on the phone call. The only other thing is Visual Voice Mail does not seem to work unless you have a "branded" Verizon phone. Going with YouMail now. Otherwise, love the phone so far. Putting behind my beloved Z30. Also note, when I went in the Verizon corporate store to get a new nano SIM card, they got an error and could not set it up there. So, I had to get a SIM card mailed to me and got it set it up over the phone instead.
    edhgreatone likes this.
    06-16-17 08:58 PM
    Is there any other secret menus to be had on this phone?
    06-16-17 09:07 PM
    download the app called secret codes from the play store. It will analyze all available dialer codes. some interesting things to be found but I haven't found a practical use for the other ones yet. be cautious if you mess with engineering mode.
    06-16-17 09:19 PM
    download the app called secret codes from the play store. It will analyze all available dialer codes. some interesting things to be found but I haven't found a practical use for the other ones yet. be cautious if you mess with engineering mode.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...is.secretcodes

Is that the app?
    06-16-17 09:27 PM
    Yep that's the one I use.
    pnw_yetti likes this.
    06-16-17 09:29 PM
    After imputing the string (*#*# etc...) into the phone dialer, unticking, reticking, restarting, I am still unable to talk and surf over cellular/data only. Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by nrb1988; 06-17-17 at 05:10 PM.
    06-17-17 04:03 PM
    After imputing the string (*#*# etc...) into the phone dialer, unticking, reticking, restarting, I am still unable to talk and surf over cellular/data only. Thoughts anyone?
    Go to settings, advanced calling and click turn on HD voice.
    Attached Thumbnails Activate advanced calling - Verizon Wireless, what you need to know and do-1756.jpg  
    06-17-17 05:20 PM
    Go to settings, advanced calling and click turn on HD voice.
    it seems to continually revert back to off. this is the feature that allows for talk and surf over cellular data, correct? Any suggestions?
    06-17-17 05:28 PM
    it seems to continually revert back to off. this is the feature that allows for talk and surf over cellular data, correct? Any suggestions?
    Is HD voice active on your Verizon account?
    06-17-17 06:22 PM
    my line shows compatible, but when I select it and confirm the 'purchase' (free), it says it cannot add it at this time and to wait 10 minutes or call *611. on the phone with tech support, lets see where it goes....

EDIT - had VZW reactivate the phone - think of it as a reformatting your Hard Drive. They told me they needed to add a provision for International Travel (free) for HD Calling to be added. once they confirmed everything was done on their end, I went back to the *#*#.... unchecked, rechecked, restarted.....went to settings, turned on HD Voice Only under the advanced calling menu and now I can surf and talk with no WiFi. Then 5 minutes later, i went back into the menu and saw that Advanced calling was being upgraded (it was grey during this time). Now, when I try to turn on Advanced Calling, it quickly switches to ON and then back to OFF.

What gives?!

UPDATE - Advanced calling went through another upgrade/update. Now I am able to turn on or off Advanced Calling. Currently able to surf and talk at the same time. Hoping it lasts.....especially after a device restart, which I will not be doing for the time being.

UPDATE 2 - several restarts and HD Calling has remained on, SUCCESS! Seems the reactivating of the phone on Verizon's end is what needed to be done. Perhaps swapping in a sim card, firing up and imputing the *#*# string isn't the most complete solution to the HD calling issue. YMMV.
    Last edited by nrb1988; 06-22-17 at 12:40 PM.
    06-17-17 07:28 PM
    It seems strange that HD calling is required to use voice and data at the same time. Haven't all LTE phones been able to do this for years? I remember AT&T running commercials in like 2009 touting this as a feature.
    06-18-17 02:41 PM
    It seems strange that HD calling is required to use voice and data at the same time. Haven't all LTE phones been able to do this for years? I remember AT&T running commercials in like 2009 touting this as a feature.
    Not on CDMA networks. GSM has been able to a lot longer because of the technology
    06-18-17 03:25 PM
    LTE without VoLTE has been in the same situation -- it falls back to HSPA+ without VoLTE, for the same reason.

HSPA (or HSPA+) can carry voice and data at the same time (two bearers.) LTE without VoLTE cannot.

The reason is that VoLTE is packet data based. HPSA (and previous) is circuit-switched data based, and is predicated on a 64kbps (really 56kbps + signalling bits) voice circuit. That's incompatible with a variable-rate data circuit. Thus, the problem.
    kbz1960 and kadakn01 like this.
    06-18-17 05:37 PM
    I'm still setting up my KEYone on Verizon (more an issue of porting over the phone number I want to use with it). But I will say the guy who helped me at the store was thrilled to see a KEYone. He brought people over to look at it and they all liked its looks. That was nice.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-18-17 06:32 PM
    I had the Blackberry classic and activated HD Voice to talk and receive data at the same time. I purchased a CDMA phone from Amazon for Verizon and don't see an HD voice option. Called verizon they say it's the blackberry. Called Blackberry and they said it may be Verizon. I been reading the threads on this and confused. Does anyone see the HD Foice option on their Keyone? Can someone walk me through exactly how to set this up step by step?
    06-18-17 09:35 PM
    I had the Blackberry classic and activated HD Voice to talk and receive data at the same time. I purchased a CDMA phone from Amazon for Verizon and don't see an HD voice option. Called verizon they say it's the blackberry. Called Blackberry and they said it may be Verizon. I been reading the threads on this and confused. Does anyone see the HD Foice option on their Keyone? Can someone walk me through exactly how to set this up step by step?
    Type the below code into the phone dialer app
    *#*#46368676#*#*
    then under "phone information" untick everything then re-tick everything
    then restart your phone
    dantedasia and FF22 like this.
    06-18-17 09:50 PM
    Thank you. Which phone dialed app did you use? There are about 10 of them
    Attached Thumbnails Activate advanced calling - Verizon Wireless, what you need to know and do-img_3861.jpg  
    06-19-17 04:15 AM
    Just use the one on your phone
    BigBadWulf, FF22 and dantedasia like this.
    06-19-17 04:47 AM
    I tried activating advanced calling using the dialer code listed above, but after hitting "activate" it tells me that it encountered a problem and to try again later. Anyone else have the same? Ideas?
    06-19-17 11:18 AM
199 1234 ...