Check this report :

BlackBerry discusses long-term plans for BB10 operating system, despite recent Android push

I guess blackberry won't give up on her own OS, It will keep fighting till the very last end.

I believe that there is a big surprise for ßlackßerry OS users, blackberry OS merged somehow with android to make the perfect due, perfect OS, bb10 smoothness and gestures and hub with android play store and all the apps working fluently together.

It's not impossible, actually I think it's very possible because we're on 2017!!

From my silver edition  BlackBerry® Passport
    06-08-17 12:54 AM
    Now now, don't live in false hope.
    06-08-17 01:55 AM
    That blog post is 6 months old, don't get your hopes up. BlackBerry is yet to even meet up with the promise of OS 10.3.4 update.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-08-17 02:32 AM
    Qualcomm is going to pay the $900 million settlement in S4 chips instead of cash.
    06-08-17 04:20 AM
    Qualcomm is going to pay the $900 million settlement in S4 chips instead of cash.
    Good one.

Send from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-08-17 04:42 AM
    Blackberry isn't investing anymore resources in Bb10

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 06:26 AM
    Marketing spin is cheap. Actual R&D is very expensive, and also is hard to conceal, when it would require hiring developers (all the old developers were let go long ago). Since those developers haven't been hired, and since BB is out of the device business, and since no one has licensed BB10 despite BB's attempts to get licensees (starting back from at least the beginning of 2012 with Heins), I don't think there's anything here but false hope published on a website.
    Elephant_Canyon and werkregen like this.
    06-08-17 06:31 AM
    It would be nice for those members that are still using BB10 devices. So, I'll believe it when I see it happening. My bifocals won't lie. I have four BB10 devices in a drawer at work along with many older BB models. SIgn of the times......moving on.
    06-08-17 03:46 PM
    to my knowledge there hasnt been any movement on bb10 for 2 months. Not new builds. nothing. So I will take that ACTION over empty words from 6 months ago
    06-08-17 03:56 PM
    Well, if we're digging up old blog posts to try and zap some life back into something devoid of it: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013...rry-10-update/
    06-08-17 04:09 PM
    to my knowledge there hasnt been any movement on bb10 for 2 months. Not new builds. nothing. So I will take that ACTION over empty words from 6 months ago
    Err... what? Not that I believe BlackBerry will continue with BB10 (though I can hope), but 2 months without movement is nothing.

I'm working on stuff for industrial/enterprise users (like FB for example). It's taken the last couple of months just to verify that a minor firmware release is solid & good to go, and I'm not even done yet. To do a release of OS that is required to work on a diversity of phones, even if 10.3.4 were in the plans, I wouldn't expect it till end of this year.

Yes, Android gets monthly patches from BlackBerry. But does BB10 need monthly security patches? I'm not so sure it does...

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-08-17 05:11 PM
    Err... what? Not that I believe BlackBerry will continue with BB10 (though I can hope), but 2 months without movement is nothing.

I'm working on stuff for industrial/enterprise users (like FB for example). It's taken the last couple of months just to verify that a minor firmware release is solid & good to go, and I'm not even done yet. To do a release of OS that is required to work on a diversity of phones, even if 10.3.4 were in the plans, I wouldn't expect it till end of this year.

Yes, Android gets monthly patches from BlackBerry. But does BB10 need monthly security patches? I'm not so sure it does...

Posted via CB10
    its been 120+ days since there have been any new builds of the OS seen anyhwere.....but yeah they are surely planning on picking that up again at some point
    06-08-17 05:19 PM
    Guys, what I'm hoping and waiting from a blackberry is that they manage somehow to merge bb OS with android OS, it's not impossible at all, they have done a magnificent job with bb10 with android runtime which allows you to run apk files on blackberry OS, the next step is easy and close, blackberry OS that accepts only Apks which has play store pre-installed and maybe some other gapps, now we have amazon app store but it's not satisfying.

In my opinion, blackberry is capable to do such a revolutionary OS, the only major problem would be with convincing alphabet (google), if alphabet agreed, it will be really revolution in cellphones market, many companies will follow blackberry leads which will change the game for alphabet, but now alphabet developing a new OS (fuchsia) which may replace android.

BlackBerry won't give up her own OS just like that, even after partnership with TCL.

From my silver edition  BlackBerry® Passport
    06-08-17 09:34 PM
    lol, there will never be a bb10 or any other android fork. Give it up
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 09:39 PM
    Give it up. Give it up. Give it up.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 01:11 AM
    Just beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 03:28 AM
    the next step is easy and close, blackberry OS that accepts only Apks which has play store pre-installed and maybe some other gapps
    What you are describing is the existing Android OS with added emphasis on gesture control?
    No BB10 needed here.
    06-09-17 04:47 AM
    BB10 is the best and it is the only Os for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 04:50 AM
    BB10 is the best and it is the only Os for me.

Posted via CB10
    I used my Z30 alongside an Android device for several YEARS. Now the Z30 is just an alarm clock. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the Android OS.

If BB could possibly fork the BB10 and Android systems together I would go back to the Z30 in a heartbeat.

Best . . . . .
    Flatman likes this.
    06-09-17 06:11 AM
    There's only one thing that needs to be taken from that article:

“It is an order of magnitude more complex than Boot Camp on a Mac. I wouldn’t say we haven’t looked at that as a potentiality, but it’s a very complex project, so I’m not in any way saying we are pursuing it,” he says. “We get lots of feedback on continuing BB10 on other devices. If we come up with one that makes sense, that meets the demands of our customers, and makes sense from a technology perspective, I’m sure we will pursue it.”
    6 months later, and they aren't pursuing further BB10 development at all, which makes sense. Pursuing hope, makes no sense.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-09-17 06:51 AM
    Marketing spin is cheap. Actual R&D is very expensive, and also is hard to conceal, when it would require hiring developers (all the old developers were let go long ago). Since those developers haven't been hired, and since BB is out of the device business, and since no one has licensed BB10 despite BB's attempts to get licensees (starting back from at least the beginning of 2012 with Heins), I don't think there's anything here but false hope published on a website.
    I don't want to like the post but I will +1 on the comments.

There is no new BB10 hardware on the horizon. If there was there is every reason to believe it would not be kept secret. This is the biggest evidence BB10 is fading away and never going anywhere.
    06-09-17 07:16 AM
    Well, I haven't yet received 10.3.3 still on 10.3.2. something. So, that wraps it up. Without​ the major apps wanted by most of the users, and with the focus on Android now, I doubt anything will happen on that front.
    06-09-17 07:50 AM
    Cheers for the title change.

BigBadWulf and DrBoomBotz like this.
    06-09-17 07:50 AM
    Have tried Android several times over the years. Have an Android tablet that I do use for reading and writing. But most of the stuff on my tablet just occupies space. Went from a Z10 to a Dtek50. Which I now primarily use as a Sonos controller (and a backup line). Am now using a Z30 as my main phone tool. I need a calendar (I use a desktop calendar w/google plugin); various ways to communicate with others I work with; and that's about it. So, I'll be using OS10 for a while yet. Until someone can show me I need to switch.
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-09-17 08:01 AM
    Cheers for the title change.

The title was "a little" misleading
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-09-17 08:12 AM
153 123 ...