This is personal choice and preference of course, but I would recommend NOT supergluing your screen. This is a QC issue and TCL should fix it. You shouldn't have to Put glue on your phone to hold your screen together. What if something else happens later? Would that void the warranty? I don't know… However, you should not have to compromise the integrity of your phone When you can get a replacement device for free. The dilemma is that none are available right now… So, I understand you wanting to keep it since it seems like a simple fix. But, you need to look long-term as well. Again, this is just my two cents. I'm sorry about your misfortune.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, you mess with it and anything goes wrong later they blame you for tampering with it. This is their problem, they need to fix it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-17 01:01 PM
    They will be eventually, once the problems set in/the screen falls off.
    Thurask, you have gotten very snippy lately! Where's the positive, helpful guy I'm used to?!? Momma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, ......". Dude?!?
    06-04-17 02:16 PM
    Thurask, you have gotten very snippy lately! Where's the positive, helpful guy I'm used to?!? Momma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, ......". Dude?!?
    Thurask 'snippy' 😁

( that comment really cries out for an in- line gif, eh)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-04-17 02:20 PM
    The usual recourse when there's a problem with one's shiny new phone is (as much as I'd like it to be "phone the manufacturer support") to look for some site on the Internet for support: since CB is what it is that's where support requests tend to start. BlackBerry Mobile themselves understand this, hence their presence and that of a handful of BlackBerry employees to deal with issues with phone software and hardware. That, combined with the niche qualities of this phone, are why I doubt that there'll be a KEYone owner who hasn't encountered/isn't on/will encounter CB at some point.

And since the iPhone 6 bending and the Note 7 exploding still get talked about, why not talk about a similarly spectacular failure mode?
    06-04-17 02:23 PM
    Thurask has always been snippy; always good for a concise, blunt, clever, and usually witty comment.

Even if he is a dirty Samsung S8 user now, he's probably my favorite user on here and I don't know what I'd do without him.
    06-04-17 05:14 PM
    You should contact them and say that you are having the issue now but want to hold on to the phone until they have one ready to ship to replace it. At least let them have it on record that you have this problem now so they don't claim it's outside the warranty period or whatever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I think you're giving BBM too much credit there on their warranty service loll

Having it on record haha
    06-04-17 05:37 PM
    Thurask has always been snippy; always good for a concise, blunt, clever, and usually witty comment.

Even if he is a dirty Samsung S8 user now, he's probably my favorite user on here and I don't know what I'd do without him.
    Samsung S8?!? I'm sorry, I didn't realize. No wonder he's a snippy snippler. We should send him a fruit basket (BlackBerries of course) and a "Sorry for your loss" card or something. Poor chap. He has Samsungitis.
    anon(3641385), ominaxe and thurask like this.
    06-04-17 07:36 PM
    No excuse for a screen to lift apart from a so called quality piece of hardware, no matter how slight or quantity of units involved. Maybe next roll out will meet the demands of the marketplace, and quality expectations of us Blackberry enthusiasts. Recent history doesn’t bode well, however.

Posted via Blackberry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    06-04-17 08:07 PM
    A thought exercise on sampling - Imagine there is an oil drum that is supposed to be filled with white marbles. You open the spigot, pour out about a hundred marbles and find that three of them are black. One thing you pretty much know for sure is that it really isn't filled with white marbles and there are a fair number black ones in there.

Based on our sample of devices with screen defects, thus far, you can be pretty sure that there are a lot of them out there - not just a dozen or so.
    werkregen likes this.
    06-04-17 09:12 PM
    My device is from germany
    Qwertz model right? Up until now, I thought Germany received a good batch.
    06-05-17 02:08 AM

Having it on record haha
    I think its good advice. Be on record before the return window closes.
    06-05-17 02:09 AM
    yes it is a qwertz and the build quality is very good. The only problem i have is the screen now.
    I will try to write an email to the support of bb when i have time. I don't want to reconfigure a new phone right now.
    06-05-17 06:51 AM
    i know you guys love K1, but refuse to return a device with screen lifting and fall off is something else... Why? go get it returned and waiting for a good one (or get a refund.). If any dirt or dust get behind the screen, you got more problem on your hand... not mention if it might get emi leakage...
    stefan_ and kbz1960 like this.
    06-05-17 08:32 AM
    i know you guys love K1, but refuse to return a device with screen lifting and fall off is something else... Why? go get it returned and waiting for a good one (or get a refund.). If any dirt or dust get behind the screen, you got more problem on your hand... not mention if it might get emi leakage...
    Probably because it's hard to find a new one, let alone a replacement.
    06-05-17 08:37 AM
    I'm just trying to figure out why this forum is called support and yet nobody actually gets any support on here.
    06-05-17 11:37 AM
    My KEYone was delivered today and pulling it out of the box my wife said it was extremely hot and my wife caught the UPS guy because he guess he was doing some paperwork before he pulled out of the driveway and my wife asked him why it would be so hot he said it's been sitting in the truck all day! so I'm beginning to wonder if the screen issue is because they're sitting in the hot UPS truck. Do yall think it's possible? Im still at work so I wasn't home when it was delivered..
    06-06-17 04:42 PM
    My KEYone was delivered today and pulling it out of the box my wife said it was extremely hot and my wife caught the UPS guy because he guess he was doing some paperwork before he pulled out of the driveway and my wife asked him why it would be so hot he said it's been sitting in the truck all day! so I'm beginning to wonder if the screen issue is because they're sitting in the hot UPS truck. Do yall think it's possible? Im still at work so I wasn't home when it was delivered..
    I doubt that a hot truck would be the cause of glue failure on the KEYone (unless it's Elmer's glue), but I'm sure we will have an answer in the future.
    06-06-17 04:47 PM
    Extremely hot? Sure it's summer in the northern hemisphere, but was it too hot to touch? If so, possibly means the battery is going thermal. Need more info.
    06-06-17 05:09 PM
    TCL 😐... and that's all I got to say about that.
    06-06-17 10:14 PM
    Extremely hot? Sure it's summer in the northern hemisphere, but was it too hot to touch? If so, possibly means the battery is going thermal. Need more info.
    It wasn't from the battery, the phone was off, it's from being in a hot truck. My screen is fine though and I don't see anything wrong whatsoever, I'm happy as can be, love this phone.
    06-07-17 05:42 AM
    It wasn't from the battery, the phone was off, it's from being in a hot truck. My screen is fine though and I don't see anything wrong whatsoever, I'm happy as can be, love this phone.
    Thanks for the follow up. The word "extremely" is what I keyed on. Perhaps an exaggeration.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-07-17 06:30 AM
    Extremely hot? You mean around 55 C? Or hard to touch burning hot? If it is later, you should worry.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 07:49 AM

Having it on record haha
    Yah? What experience have you had on their warranty service? I've never dealt with them before, so I go by the innocent until proven guilty model...
    06-07-17 04:38 PM
    Here's their stated 1-year warranty, good luck and report back here anyone who goes through this process:
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/warranty.php
    06-09-17 09:18 AM
    My screen lifted today after a small drop within a silicone case. It appears that the side frame where the volume buttons bends slightly and the screen then lifted. I really hope the manufacturer addresses this issue as I do love the phone itself and would like to continue to support BlackBerry. I will order a replacement device in a couple weeks or once it fails. Disappointed so far.
    06-10-17 02:50 PM
141 ... 3456