I'm confused. The keyone looks and feels like a tank, however my screen is pulling up on the bottom after only after about two days of light use. My phone has no wear, damage or problems other than the screen and has just been essentially in my pocket and babied outside it.

I can't even figure out how it happened. The only thing I can think of is the weather was hot over here and maybe it came loose that way but I see no adhesive, glue or anything. Inspecting the screen it almost seems like the manufacturing process is just sliding the screen into the slot and hoping because it's a tight squeeze it just stays there. Anyhow, included a couple of pictures and hoping I got a faulty phone. Disappointed though. I'll begrudgingly send it back as it was a brilliant phone but makes me feel uneasy about a second keyone because this phone took no abuse.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone screen coming apart after only light use.-img_5966.jpg   Keyone screen coming apart after only light use.-img_5963.jpg   Keyone screen coming apart after only light use.-img_5961.jpg   Keyone screen coming apart after only light use.-img_5965.jpg  
    06-01-17 07:14 PM
    Yikes bro. Good luck getting a replacement soon too.
    daytrade likes this.
    06-01-17 07:18 PM
    Wow!! Better send it back. I did have a passport that did that and I super glued it and it's good as new. Still using it a year later.
    daytrade, skinnymike1 and footnote like this.
    06-01-17 07:19 PM
    I'm starting to notice my keyone's screen is slightly lifted on the upper left. I can press on the corner and hear it click and rub against the sides.
    Resilience, Witmen and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-01-17 07:24 PM
    3rd now? Also sucks you cant just pick up a replacement. Dont like conspiracies, but perhaps carriers passed on it due to quality and yield issues?
    06-01-17 07:26 PM
    What a shame! I hate it when something is faulty right out of the box!

I got mine yesterday and thankfully it's pristine.

Good luck on getting a replacement soon!
    skinnymike1 and anon(8679041) like this.
    06-01-17 07:31 PM
    I'm going to return mine back to amazon. I doubt they would have any left for exchanges. I think these first round batches have quality control issues.

It's too bad. I really like this phone. The keyone is a keeper. I'm hearing from another post that Amazon might restock in a couple of months.
    skinnymike1 and anon(8679041) like this.
    06-01-17 07:38 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone is not meant to be carried in the pockets of skinny jeans. Wow! The damage looks serious to the point your story seems lacking in details. How did you position the smartphone in your pocket? Was there anything else in the same pocket? Did you sit down or squat while carrying it in your pocket? Between the screen separating and now your screen lifting, there must be defective manufacturing by TCL.
    avery1206 likes this.
    06-01-17 07:42 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone is not meant to be carried in the pockets of skinny jeans. Wow! The damage looks serious to the point your story seems lacking in details. How did you position the smartphone in your pocket? Was there anything else in the same pocket? Did you sit down or squat while carrying it in your pocket? Between the screen separating and now your screen lifting, there must be defective manufacturing by TCL.
    Are you for real. Pocket positioning? We have bigger things to worry about then.
    06-01-17 07:44 PM
    Geezus Christmas BB wth have you done these stupid phones people have been waiting for for months on end and are falling apart at the seams. No glue on the darn screen seriously, screens with red and green lines thru them and keyboards that dont type what kinda monkey business is this for crying out loud.
    Last edited by Al moon; 06-01-17 at 07:58 PM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-01-17 07:47 PM
    I don't think posting broad and sweeping generalizations that have little basis in fact is of any use here.

There can be odd problem on a given unit but the vast majority of the units out there are just fine. My screen is fine a fully glued. My keyboard is great and I even prefer it to the Passport kb.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.
    06-01-17 07:53 PM
    Qwerty4ever. Your reply is somewhat rude and disappointing. We are allies and in the same team. We love blackberry my friend. Wow! Just wow at your reply. you said I'm lacking details so let me fill you in. No, I wasn't wearing "skinny" jeans. I didn't do any "squats". I need to though. My legs are skinny, I don't recall what way I put the phone in my pocket. . Probably vertical. It wasn't in my pocket all day. It was In there a few times. I have no reason to make anything up. I'm a huge blackberry fan and as you can see In my post I have high praise for the keyone.
    06-01-17 07:59 PM
    Get a replacement asap, you should be able to carry in pocket, small drops etc without that happening.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:11 PM
    Get a replacement asap, you should be able to carry in pocket, small drops etc without that happening.
    Thanks Pinot!!
    06-01-17 08:20 PM
    I'm confused. The keyone looks and feels like a tank, however my screen is pulling up on the bottom after only after about two days of light use. My phone has no wear, damage or problems other than the screen and has just been essentially in my pocket and babied outside it.

I can't even figure out how it happened. The only thing I can think of is the weather was hot over here and maybe it came loose that way but I see no adhesive, glue or anything. Inspecting the screen it almost seems like the manufacturing process is just sliding the screen into the slot and hoping because it's a tight squeeze it just stays there. Anyhow, included a couple of pictures and hoping I got a faulty phone. Disappointed though. I'll begrudgingly send it back as it was a brilliant phone but makes me feel uneasy about a second keyone because this phone took no abuse.
    Severely disappointing these issues are. Questioning wanting a Keyone I am.

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-01-17 08:24 PM
    There's a whole forum called KEYone Support. Just letting you know because BB Mobile guys seem to monitor that one, better if you post that there, or maybe a mod can move this thread over there so that you can have your issue resolved...
    06-01-17 08:26 PM
    Are you for real. Pocket positioning? We have bigger things to worry about then.
    I was just curious about the cause of the screen lifting on the person's smartphone. We do not know whether it is is a manufacturing defect or something else. If it is a quality control issue then TCL has to fix their sampling methodology and address the defects before the units are shipped to vendors.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 08:30 PM
    Qwerty4ever. Your reply is somewhat rude and disappointing. We are allies and in the same team. We love blackberry my friend. Wow! Just wow at your reply. you said I'm lacking details so let me fill you in. No, I wasn't wearing "skinny" jeans. I didn't do any "squats". I need to though. My legs are skinny, I don't recall what way I put the phone in my pocket. . Probably vertical. It wasn't in my pocket all day. It was In there a few times. I have no reason to make anything up. I'm a huge blackberry fan and as you can see In my post I have high praise for the keyone.
    I was not attacking you. I want to understand why some of these smartphones are literally falling apart at the seams. You should not have had to endure a defective device; this is an issue TCL must rectify. A few defects are normal but given the apparently low number of units produced and shipped it is odd these defective devices were not caught at the factory. BlackBerry has their logo on these smartphones so they should be more involved to ensure satisfied customers.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:37 PM
    It's sad that this is happening definitely something tcl needs to look into. But ive had this happen years ago with my htc one and a iPhone 5. Once replaced everything was fine, some phones will have defective models but that doesn't generalize them all as poorly built. Remember people who's phones are perfectly fine won't be posting it here, there is no more BlackBerry forum and they direct people.here for support so people need to stop being so surprised when they see threads like this. This is where people will come for help etc. Expect to see more threads like this over time.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-01-17 08:41 PM
    Personally, I'd just dab some superglue in there and call it a day.
    I'd rather this screen lift than dead keys or screen lines. At least you can do something about this

Still unacceptable, though.
    06-01-17 08:43 PM
    I was just curious about the cause of the screen lifting on the person's smartphone. We do not know whether it is is a manufacturing defect or something else. If it is a quality control issue then TCL has to fix their sampling methodology and address the defects before the units are shipped to vendors.
    Right on! Hopefully they find out about the issue before they send mine.
    06-01-17 08:44 PM
    Wow another one
    The_Q likes this.
    06-01-17 08:46 PM
    Severely disappointing these issues are. Questioning wanting a Keyone I am.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you Yoda...
    06-01-17 09:29 PM
    I'm going to return mine back to amazon. I doubt they would have any left for exchanges. I think these first round batches have quality control issues.

It's too bad. I really like this phone. The keyone is a keeper. I'm hearing from another post that Amazon might restock in a couple of months.
    Let us know how it goes...
    06-01-17 09:46 PM
    For KEYONE please test shake shake your KEYONE 😂
    The_Q likes this.
    06-01-17 10:12 PM
141 123 ...