Hey folks,

is there some kind of battery benchmark I could use on my KEYone? I have the feeling that my batttery drains somewhat faster than it is supposed to. Maybe it's a bad app - at least the first few days I had the impression that the battery was better.

Now, after one day of rather low usage I have about 75-80% left. Seems to be more average than superior. Or do you think differently?

Kind regards
    05-28-17 08:15 AM
    what do you consider low usage. have a look at the battery monitor to see what has been consuming the most and you can check the total time the screen was on.
    05-28-17 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the hint. It is now 25 hours after last recharge. I'm down to 75%. The highest Power drain was standby-Mode with 8% and Android OS as well as Android System with 6% each.

So seemingly no App interfering. Display was on for around 35 minutes.

Does anyone have some thoughts on these values?
    05-28-17 08:31 AM
    I would say that is pretty good. Not sure what you are expecting, but that is 1 percent per hour drain. I wouldn't really expect anything less.

seems to be doing well
    curtxxx likes this.
    05-28-17 09:12 AM
    Hum, but compared to what is being discussed in the other thread (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12877773) it does seem to be below expectations. And it can't be due to poor reception etc. The only thing It did the time was browse the web.

Don't get me wrong - I've used a Q10 before, so the battery life (and basically everything else - I never cared for BB10 except for its limited compatibility with Android) has improved anyway. But I want to make sure, I've spent the 600 EUR on a device that holds up to its standards. Otherwise I'd seek my warranty rights. After all, if the battery is sub-standard right after purchase who knows how it is going to be in a year or two.

Kind regards
    05-28-17 09:18 AM
    There's so many factors contributing to battery drain, maybe you can post a screenshot ?

Most common sources of battery drain is having location ON, network coverage, heavy apps running in the background like facebook and messenger, having apps refreshing every X mins.
    05-28-17 10:34 AM
    25 hours and still 75% left? That sounds pretty great to me.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and curtxxx like this.
    05-28-17 10:48 AM
    Hum, but compared to what is being discussed in the other thread (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12877773) it does seem to be below expectations. And it can't be due to poor reception etc. The only thing It did the time was browse the web.

Don't get me wrong - I've used a Q10 before, so the battery life (and basically everything else - I never cared for BB10 except for its limited compatibility with Android) has improved anyway. But I want to make sure, I've spent the 600 EUR on a device that holds up to its standards. Otherwise I'd seek my warranty rights. After all, if the battery is sub-standard right after purchase who knows how it is going to be in a year or two.

Kind regards
    Even if you aren't using your phone, poor reception will hurt the battery life.
    05-28-17 12:44 PM
    25 hours and still 75% left? That sounds pretty great to me.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!
    Based on the OP's own metric of guaging battery life, his phone would last four days and four hours under the circumstances he's used his phone in the last 25 hours. The OP seems to think that those results are subpar.
    05-28-17 12:59 PM
    Thanks for your comments. But just to make sure: Do you people with the encouraging voices also have a KEYone as comparison and therefore find the battery time to be within the standards?

Of course the phone right now is sufficient for my needs. But that's not the point: Needs may change and so may the condition of the battery. Therefore I want to make sure this ten days old phone is doing well also from an objective point of view. And the posting I mentioned above compared with my recent experiences made me doubt that. Anyhow, I'll keep an eye on this an eventually post some screenshots.

Kind regards
    05-28-17 02:14 PM
    I also bought a KEYone recently and have found the battery life to be not quite what I was expecting.

Don't get me wrong, it's been very good. I would say similar to what the original poster has said. For me the problem was I think I set my expectations too high. When I heard about the amazing life on this phone (and thinking it's a BlackBerry), my mind went back to the days with my trusty 9700. That phone had insane battery life. You could use it hard for days and still have tons left over.

This is not a 9700. A beautiful phone to use but I don't think we will ever see the days of battery life like that again.
    05-28-17 02:50 PM
    I also bought a KEYone recently and have found the battery life to be not quite what I was expecting.

Don't get me wrong, it's been very good. I would say similar to what the original poster has said. For me the problem was I think I set my expectations too high. When I heard about the amazing life on this phone (and thinking it's a BlackBerry), my mind went back to the days with my trusty 9700. That phone had insane battery life. You could use it hard for days and still have tons left over.

This is not a 9700. A beautiful phone to use but I don't think we will ever see the days of battery life like that again.
    I used to go full weekends about 3 days with my 9700 with decent use.

Don't expect that from smartphones nowadays.

Depending on what apps you have installed, they could be syncing or pinging your location or polling for new content.

More apps = more activity = less battery

Something to be aware of.
    05-28-17 03:26 PM

You are forgetting two things. The 9700 had a tiny little screen and did not have LTE built into the phone. If you turn off LTE on your KEYone I guarantee you you get more battery out of it. LTE sucks more juice and the older Blackberry's didn't have it.
    05-28-17 04:37 PM
    I agree that battery life may have been oversold.

Anecdotally I'd say it is no better than the S8+ so far. So that's pretty decent but not on par with say an iPhone 7+ and not the 2 days mentioned in many reviews.
    05-28-17 04:57 PM
    You can create your own "benchmark" by comparing the battery life of phones with SD625 processor (e.g. Moto Z Play / Asus Zen fone 3 etc.) to test the average battery life of your KEYone. The edge of KEYone's battery life on other phones will be small screen real estate IMO, so maybe a few hours more juice.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 05:44 PM
    Hey folks,

is there some kind of battery benchmark I could use on my KEYone? I have the feeling that my batttery drains somewhat faster than it is supposed to. Maybe it's a bad app - at least the first few days I had the impression that the battery was better.

Now, after one day of rather low usage I have about 75-80% left. Seems to be more average than superior. Or do you think differently?

Kind regards
    LOL, naw, your kidding with us? That's great!!!
    05-28-17 08:01 PM
    Its no surprise that if the battery life is being overstated. I'm sure its very good, but with every new BlackBerry release the first few that own the device go on and on about how great the battery life is. When more people get the device you get a real world picture of how the battery is. I never got that great of battery life with the Z30, and to me the Passport was average at best but not some world beating battery that people claimed it had upon release.
    05-28-17 09:32 PM
    Hey folks,

yesterday I after around 10 hrs had 70% left after 1,5 hrs of SoT and about 15 Minutes with GPS and Bluetooth active. Again, that's fine for me but differs a lot from some other reports that really showed off some incredible results. But we don't know until we Do some research on our own.

Therefore I decided to run a benchmark: I fully charged the Phone, closed all Apps and ran the PCMark battery benchmark over night. For comparative purposes, I set the brightness to Maximum (and turned off auto-brightness of course), entered flight mode and started the test. I had a running time of 7h and 38 mins, until I Hit the 20% Mark, which is when the test will stop.

I'd really be interested in results of other KEYone owners. Please Note that the app is around 35 MB and will download some other 150 MB of test data just after Installation. So for installing you'll maybe want to use WiFi. Oh and don't forget to turn off the volume - otherwise you'll hear some music by the Emulator music editing

Kind regards,
    Jens
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone battery benchmark?-tmp_23213-screenshot_20170530-073449914295296.jpg   KEYone battery benchmark?-tmp_23213-screenshot_20170530-0734561951552138.jpg  
    05-30-17 02:12 AM
    All I know is: unlike every other device i've owned over the past 7 or so years I don't charge my phone overnight anymore. Its always at more than 50% at night and it's barely takes half an hour of sitting at my desk or behind the wheel for it to be fully charged. There are many things you can do to improve battery life. Try the support forums.
    05-30-17 03:23 AM