They took the stickers away, the channels, the custom PIN and today: the groups.

I can not believe that BB killed the BBM groups within BBM Enterprise without telling the customers before deploying the update.

You have to pay for BBM Enterprise to get less:

- No integration in Android hub
    - Paid stickers gone (without pre-notice)
    - Channels gone (without pre-notice)
    - Group Feature with Calender and to do gone (without pre-notice)

The only explanation I can find is: they WANT to kill BBM Enterprise.

And the normal BBM is one of the last messengers that has NO E2E encryption and is developed by a thirdparty named EMTEK

Blackberry, where are you going?
    Last edited by deiop; 05-27-17 at 11:44 PM.
    vincentkong likes this.
    05-26-17 02:03 AM
    Wow basically it is just sms lol
    deiop likes this.
    05-26-17 02:13 AM
    Vote with your wallet, then.
    deiop likes this.
    05-26-17 02:14 AM
    Extraordinary!! So, consumer law advocates might have something to say about this, that is, if BlackBerry did fail to notify of changes to paying customers.
    05-26-17 02:20 AM
    I'll give up. 600+ BBM Enterprise licenses will not be renewed. Thurask, you are right. I always loved BBM, but with the consumer shift to EMTEK and without E2E encryption the normal BBM is no opportunity. And the BBM Enterprise Client lacks features, with every new build they take features away. The employees starts to open WhatsApp Group-Chats because they have more features and are E2E encrypted. Not the way it should be, but I give up.
    Last edited by deiop; 05-27-17 at 11:45 PM.
    05-26-17 03:20 AM
    Look at telegram it has good features too for alternative
    05-26-17 03:25 AM
    Threema has an Enterprise Client - I will try that one and Telegram as well
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-26-17 03:31 AM
    Wow basically it is just sms lol
    Laugh, SMS has integration in hub :-) so NO, BBM Enterprise is less :-)))))))))))))
    Uzi likes this.
    05-26-17 03:33 AM
    Seriously? What an incredibly laughable situation. Would love to hear why they are going down this route...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 09:56 AM
    I know BBM is no longer owned by BlackBerry. Is this also the case with BBM Enterprise?

Whoever it is, probably did the math and figured it's not worth it anymore. Not a big deal for BlackBerry though. Their stock is at a 4 year high and they just got a billion dollar bonus.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 10:01 AM

Via Pasta CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    05-26-17 10:16 AM
    I know BBM is no longer owned by BlackBerry. Is this also the case with BBM Enterprise?

Whoever it is, probably did the math and figured it's not worth it anymore. Not a big deal for BlackBerry though. Their stock is at a 4 year high and they just got a billion dollar bonus.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry still operates BBM Enterprise and BBM Protected. Well, based on their recent posts on the official BlackBerry blogs, I think they definitely see value in BBM Enterprise. They only recently released their BBM Enterprise SDK, so other programs might include BBM Enterprise functionality, presumably for a fee. But surely that would be an additional revenue stream (potentially)..?

Although I have always wondered what the number of licensees of BBM Enterprise or BBM Protected are...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 10:18 AM
    It's EMTEK no MTEK
    05-26-17 02:04 PM
    While the loss of 'enhanced' group chats is a big negative, there is an improvement for those still on BlackBerry10:

"Video calling is now supported between BlackBerry 10 and Android/iOS contacts"

Has anyone using BB10 'switched' from Protected to Enterprise? Does BBM Enterprise handle regular BBM as well as the encrypted chats? Do encrypted chat recipients (non subscribers) need to switch? Are chat histories lost in the switch? Are new passphrases needed?

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    05-26-17 07:48 PM
    You do gain the feature of video calling from bb 10 to IOS and android which to me totally worth the update.
    05-27-17 12:14 AM
    You do gain the feature of video calling from bb 10 to IOS and android which to me totally worth the update.
    Does the other party on Android also require a BBM Enterprise subscription? Bit confused myself really. And don't understand why you'd lose certain features. I love BBM Channels and have bought a few sticker packs that I like. But yes if cross-platform video is really available then might be worth it!

Edit: I did the update BUT I haven't switched to BBM Enterprise just yet. I already have had BBM Protected for over a year. What does this update do to my previously encrypted chat? Theoretically, I am suddenly running the consumer version again. However, each chat still says it is a protected chat. But is that really true??

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 02:42 AM
    Can anyone confirm if I lose my stickers when I switch?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 09:27 AM
    Does the other party on Android also require a BBM Enterprise subscription? Bit confused myself really. And don't understand why you'd lose certain features. I love BBM Channels and have bought a few sticker packs that I like. But yes if cross-platform video is really available then might be worth it!

Edit: I did the update BUT I haven't switched to BBM Enterprise just yet. I already have had BBM Protected for over a year. What does this update do to my previously encrypted chat? Theoretically, I am suddenly running the consumer version again. However, each chat still says it is a protected chat. But is that really true??

Posted via CB10
    In order to keep using BBM Protected, you MUST switch to BBM Enterprise. (There may be a small overlap period)

Channels and stickers will be gone, and you will be kicked out of any enhanced groups.
    05-27-17 09:46 AM
    Can anyone confirm if I lose my stickers when I switch?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. No channels, no stickers, no enhanced groups.
    05-27-17 09:46 AM
    *no user πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
    05-27-17 10:12 AM
    Thanks, in this case I will postpone the switch.
    Basically happy to hear that I can contact friends on iOS and Android, but I will miss my stickers.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 10:13 AM
    *no user πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
    Yes. BBM Enterprise has clearly receded to a simple meat and potatoes messaging tool for managed enterprise.
    05-27-17 10:15 AM
    I do think most enterprise now use slack for communication, bbm enterprise not so much
    05-27-17 10:17 AM
    I do think most enterprise now use slack for communication, bbm enterprise not so much
    Yes. For those that don't need e2e, Slack has taken over business.
    05-27-17 10:32 AM
    BBM Enterprise doesn't support BB10 to BB10 video if your contact is using consumer BBM.
    You can have BB10 Enterprise to BB10/Android Enterprise Video, and BB10 Ent to Consumer Android BBM, but not to Consumer BB10 BBM.

Will also lose Private chat functionality when u switch to Enterprise, or try to chat with someone using Enterprise.
    If you are the one on Consumer bbm/bbm protected trying to start a private chat with someone using Enterprise, the icon will still be present, and the Private Chat request waiting screen will appear, but no request alerts will be sent to the Enterprise receiptient.
    Last edited by chetmanley; 05-27-17 at 07:38 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-27-17 07:26 PM
192 123 ...