The idea that the business that sold a product does not hold ALL responsibility for said product is foreign to me. Are things that different across the pond? If (God forbid) my screen starts to pop off and Best Buy doesn't immediately replace it, I'd wreck the entire store as the cops chase me around.
    I cant speak for replacement issues, but refund issues are a totally different ball game. Even still, my experience with CPW is they always try and give you a refurb first. Only then do they offer you a new replacement, and when they do its not BNIB, its usually just a new phone, in a generic box. CPW do NOT repair the phone anyway, TCL do. I think TCL will have enough stock in UK of defective devices that they will soon start sending the refurbs back out to customers.
    06-25-17 01:45 PM
    Not yet hoping today
    Check my update from today, will get my money back on 30th June.
    06-25-17 01:47 PM
    @The_Q have you got your money back yet?
    Check my update, will get my money back on 30th June
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-25-17 01:48 PM
    I found this thread by searching 'Blackberry keyone screen detatched' because the same thing just happened to me too. Drop so minor I barely noticed it and it's in a rubber case too.

Fine at first, then started coming off as I was driving and using it as a sat nav. Thought it was because of the heat, as it was in sunlight. I'm on holiday so can't do anything about it right now.

Not looking forward to having it replaced because doubtless I'll have to send mine back first so will have to go through all the grief of backing up and transferring my data. Was bad enough transferring to the key one from the Q10 I had
    Sorry to hear this, if you are a UK/CPW customer check my previous posts for guidance.
    06-25-17 01:49 PM
    Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I'm a UK CPW customer as well.

Having read the woes you've suffered, not to mention the ball-ache I'll go through backing up and transferring my data, I've glued the screen back on myself. I'm past the first 30 days anyway.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-17 02:20 PM
    UPDATE:

After weeks (nearly 1 month) of being messed around, the CEO Office of CPW has finally issued a refund directly to my Debit Card. Even the dealings with the CEO Office were not smooth, initially I was told I would be getting a direct dial landline number so the I and the local store can speak to his office for help, however, it took 3 days to receive the email, (apparently it was sent, but I never received it).

I received the email on the same day my local store told me to come in pick up my £4,99GBP cash (the were unable to give me the cash 10 days earlier as they didn't have it in their shop till). This was the FIRST time anyone from my local store had called me, so I asked him, to check the notes on my account, as he attempted to do this he informed me someone had LOCKED my account, and even though he had the cash in the store, he wouldn't be able to take the phone as he would need my account unlocked to process the refund.

Anyway, one more email to the CEO Office, I suggested why couldn't they send me a FedEx box and refund me over the phone? took them 48 hours to reply (their excuse for not responding quicker was , the email reply I was looking for was sitting in someone's DRAFT folder)

Anyway, FINALLY the main case handler refunded me over the phone, and will be figuring out how they collect the phone from me later. The refund should appear in 5 working days. So Friday 30 June is the day I will get my money back), my account is still LOCKED so they have raised this with their IT team. My theory is the South African call centre is trying to cover their tracks.

In the mean time, I still have the KeyOne, I am still waiting to speak to a senior manger/representative from @BlackBerry Mobile (I would like my complaint handled by someone other than a technician)

So thank you all on CB for the PM's and Forum chat over the last month+, its been emotional, but you guys have kept me going. I too am keeping an eye out on other threads, this issue doesn't seem to be going away. GOOD LUCK to all KeyOne owners, hope your screens stay on. I will def buy the next KeyOne, but for now, I am sadly going back to an iPhone SE.
    Absolutely cringing. That is awful man.

Glad you are being refunded.

That sort of thing is enough to get me off a brand for life.
    mister2d likes this.
    06-25-17 02:30 PM
    @The_Q can you clear up where the call centre is for me please. In your earlier posts it was in Romania, so now it's somewhere in South Africa?

I still can't get over how inadequate customer service is in the retail industry , in all our countries!

I'm pleased to hear that you finally got your money back 👍
    06-25-17 05:01 PM
    Hi, the BBM/TCL European call centre is in Bucharest, Romania. The UK CarPhoneWarehouse customer care is based in South Africa.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-25-17 05:35 PM
    boy or boy, your 499 is not easy money. hopefully, your next phone will let you sleep well. thanks for sharing all the events. hopefully, the history is never repeat again. (BBM design/MFG group take note, the time wasted for both 3rd party distributor and user for something like missing glue is not just hurting the brand, it cost more than 499... far reach to the future).
    06-26-17 09:02 AM
    +1

Been loyal BB for years but I would think twice about buying BB again. It's not even like they rushed this product out either.
    06-26-17 03:23 PM
    It definitely is not a batch issue since my replacement unit that I just received a week ago also showed "not fully attached to the frame" condition.

I would not notice it at this early point if I didn't have the one with defective falling off screen already. I very closely looked at the replacement unit to make sure it show any similar condition, and no surprise. In the exact same spot(right bottom) is not fully sealed to the frame. And yes, it is a matter of time until it falls off again.

I will return it for refund, and get the one from bestbuy as my last try. (This replacement one also had rattling volume button as well anyway).

And if that goes wrong again, I will just glue it myself.

****... TCL didn't address the issue with newer batch yet for sure. And it is their design or glue itself flew....

--------------- I just copied my update from my own thread to here since I think it's worth to note that newer batches didn't fix anything yet for everyone.
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 06-27-17 at 07:20 AM.
    06-26-17 05:07 PM
    Just returned mine to the local Carphone Warehouse and they have sent it off for repair. Guy in the shop reckons they will most likely replace it rather than repair so we shall see.

I have a spare phone I can use in the meantime, so prepared to give them the benefit this time and see if the replacement I get is any better.
    06-27-17 12:51 PM
    Reaching out via PM to better understand this occurrence. We look forward to learning more and working together on a suitable resolution.
    Where is the link to file a claim on my screen falling out? Thanks
    06-27-17 08:16 PM
    Check out this thread for all our contact details.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-27-17 11:59 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile, would it possible for you to officially give us an update on the screen lift issue? In particular I would like to know:

1. Was this an issue with a particular batch of phones?
    2. If so, are you doing a recall?
    3. If someone is (like me) still would like to give this KeyOne another go, how can we identify if the phone being sold will not have the screen issue?

Please do come back to us with direct and concise answers. Thus far your UK teams response times and level of care has not been up to par.
    06-28-17 06:55 AM
    My friend you are a true hero,you deserve a large pint or a big cup of tea -or both.
    Well done😊😊😊
    The_Q and anon(3641385) like this.
    06-28-17 07:21 AM
    It definitely is not a batch issue since my replacement unit that I just received a week ago also showed "not fully attached to the frame" condition.

I would not notice it at this early point if I didn't have the one with defective falling off screen already. I very closely looked at the replacement unit to make sure it show any similar condition, and no surprise. In the exact same spot(right bottom) is not fully sealed to the frame. And yes, it is a matter of time until it falls off again.

I will return it for refund, and get the one from bestbuy as my last try. (This replacement one also had rattling volume button as well anyway).

And if that goes wrong again, I will just glue it myself.

****... TCL didn't address the issue with newer batch yet for sure. And it is their design or glue itself flew....

--------------- I just copied my update from my own thread to here since I think it's worth to note that newer batches didn't fix anything yet for everyone.
    Darn. I was thinking of buying another one this week...
    06-28-17 11:23 AM
    My friend you are a true hero,you deserve a large pint or a big cup of tea -or both.
    Well done������������������

Why thank you Sir, I'm an Earl Grey tea drinker myself.....

Every time I read positive posts and look at my amazing (but broken) phone sitting in its box, I still get the urge to buy it again, and give them a chance again! Yet I'm not feeling the love. I was a die hard Nokia fan, but BB are making me Die Harder for them.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    06-28-17 11:26 AM
    Thank You.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-28-17 12:20 PM
    Why thank you Sir, I'm an Earl Grey tea drinker myself.....

Every time I read positive posts and look at my amazing (but broken) phone sitting in its box, I still get the urge to buy it again, and give them a chance again! Yet I'm not feeling the love. I was a die hard Nokia fan, but BB are making me Die Harder for them.
    A poet and a movie buff as well?a person of much talent,sorry blackberry are making you feel down,I was like that with Nokia always promised so much and let you down at the end,wherever you decide to go next I wish you the very best.
    06-28-17 12:28 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile, would it possible for you to officially give us an update on the screen lift issue? In particular I would like to know:

1. Was this an issue with a particular batch of phones?
    2. If so, are you doing a recall?
    3. If someone is (like me) still would like to give this KeyOne another go, how can we identify if the phone being sold will not have the screen issue?

Please do come back to us with direct and concise answers. Thus far your UK teams response times and level of care has not been up to par.
    Very good and a simple request. Their answer will help a lot of us!
    06-28-17 12:45 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile,
    I was going to buy early but waiting now until the screen issue is resolved. I want to be able to identify a rectified model before purchasing.
    06-28-17 08:23 PM
    I would like to update you all that BlackBerry support has emailed me that they will send me a new device and asked me to send mine in return to Hong Kong or France (will prefer Hong Kong from Indonesia)

I will keep you all posted, but at least they responded 2 weeks later (2 days ago) and have come up with a solution which will hopefully work out

Takeo

My KeyOne, bought 2 weeks ago, also suddenly was left with one side of the screen de-attached... WTF.

And, no, I did not drop it!!!

After so many years of loving BBs and coming back to KeyOne because it was about damn time, I am honestly hugely disappointed.

Attachment 424805Attachment 424806
    06-30-17 10:20 AM
    I would like to update you all that BlackBerry support has emailed me that they will send me a new device and asked me to send mine in return to Hong Kong or France (will prefer Hong Kong from Indonesia)

I will keep you all posted, but at least they responded 2 weeks later (2 days ago) and have come up with a solution which will hopefully work out

Takeo
    Mind if I ask where you bought it? CPW in the UK and had it shipped over?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:43 AM

Takeo
    Nice they even responsible even though you buy it from gray market
    06-30-17 10:44 AM
615 ... 22232425