Some background information:
    I have my doubt of large battery consumption while connected to VPN, so I decide to do a test. After having the q5 fully charged, I turn off every connection except cellular, and leave the phone untouched for a day.
    This is the result:
    Is it normal for excessive battery drain while VPN is connected?-img_20170421_113551.png
    Is it normal for excessive battery drain while VPN is connected?-img_20170421_113539.png

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    04-21-17 11:51 AM
    How many android apps do you really have installed into your phone, 50? Looks like a lot of background activity.

Get one more android app, "Greenify". It'd kill android apps after you stop using them (you can select apps individually).

Repeat experiment and see if there is any noticeable change. It fixed mine battery issue on Q10. I hope, it helps you as well.
    04-23-17 05:11 AM
    How many android apps do you really have installed into your phone, 50? Looks like a lot of background activity.

Get one more android app, "Greenify". It'd kill android apps after you stop using them (you can select apps individually).

Repeat experiment and see if there is any noticeable change. It fixed mine battery issue on Q10. I hope, it helps you as well.
    Does Greenify work on BlackBerry 10? Doesn't it work using accessibility services?
    04-23-17 08:49 AM
    Does Greenify work on BlackBerry 10? Doesn't it work using accessibility services?
    Yes, it works like a charm!!!

Yes, it needs accessibility services, and optionally administrative privileges if you want to run it automatically. Simple, grant it that permission.

HOW? You need to open Android settings of your BB10 device. Get fairly advanced file manager "Ghost Commander" from BB World>click on 'apps'>then on 'settings' (it will open Android settings). I guess, you can find your ways from here (probably second last options is related to accessibility services).

[WARNING: You shouldn't be making any other changes using Ghost Commander unless you exactly know what you are doing. as I said, it is fairly advanced one.]
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    04-24-17 03:04 AM
    Yes, it works like a charm!!!

Yes, it needs accessibility services, and optionally administrative privileges if you want to run it automatically. Simple, grant it that permission.

HOW? You need to open Android settings of your BB10 device. Get fairly advanced file manager "Ghost Commander" from BB World>click on 'apps'>then on 'settings' (it will open Android settings). I guess, you can find your ways from here (probably second last options is related to accessibility services).

[WARNING: You shouldn't be making any other changes using Ghost Commander unless you exactly know what you are doing. as I said, it is fairly advanced one.]
    Interesting. I knew you could access the Android settings, but I didn't think the accessibility services would actually work.
    04-24-17 08:10 AM