I know there are a couple of iOS keyboard apps that have the same features as blackberry virtual keyboard. Has anyone tried any of these? Was telling my wife about them as she has an iPhone. Do they stack up and compare to blackberry offering?
    04-04-17 09:12 AM
    you will have to be more specific...what are the features that some of these share? which ones you talking about specifically?
    04-04-17 09:17 AM
    you will have to be more specific...what are the features that some of these share? which ones you talking about specifically?
    Just the basic features of blackberry virtual keyboard. The predictive Text with the swipe feature. Swiping up and and swiping down to bring up the numbers and symbols.
    04-04-17 09:22 AM
    Just the basic features of blackberry virtual keyboard. The predictive Text with the swipe feature. Swiping up and and swiping down to bring up the numbers and symbols.
    Word flow by microsoft is great, and Google keyboard is also available on ios.

Pretty much same features as BlackBerry.
    04-04-17 01:58 PM
    Word flow by microsoft is great, and Google keyboard is also available on ios.

Pretty much same features as BlackBerry.
    Can you really swipe up for a predictive word? I didn't think that was possible.
    04-04-17 05:15 PM
    Nothing is really like the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. The others mentioned do not have the swipe/flick up features.
    04-04-17 07:44 PM
    The BB keyboard is mostly SwiftKey, with a different skin and the "flick up" feature, but the prediction engine and other features are all SwiftKey, which BB licensed for BB10 and then for BB-Android. SwiftKey is available for iOS too now that third-party keyboards are possible, but was originally an Android app.
    04-04-17 09:29 PM
    The BB keyboard is mostly SwiftKey, with a different skin and the "flick up" feature, but the prediction engine and other features are all SwiftKey, which BB licensed for BB10 and then for BB-Android. SwiftKey is available for iOS too now that third-party keyboards are possible, but was originally an Android app.
    But none with flick up feature right?
    04-04-17 10:00 PM
    But none with flick up feature right?
    Not that I'm aware of. It is likely a patented BB feature.
    04-05-17 12:40 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. It is likely a patented BB feature.
    Thanks... thats what I was looking for
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-05-17 10:59 AM
    I know there are a couple of iOS keyboard apps that have the same features as blackberry virtual keyboard. Has anyone tried any of these? Was telling my wife about them as she has an iPhone. Do they stack up and compare to blackberry offering?
    The only one I know of that is the closest, WITH the word prediction "flick-up" is Crimson Keyboard for iOS. Only thing though, it hasn't been updated since 2016, and is a bit buggy. It is the closest thing, nonetheless.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/crim...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    Last edited by AlonB.; 08-15-17 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Providing link
    08-15-17 01:12 PM
    I find this interesting cause I have Swift key on my g4 and the loony word prediction is what lead me to try out a priv. Doesn't seem to be as good on android as on bb10 but light years ahead of swift key.
    08-16-17 12:42 PM
    You will want to be logged in to SwiftKey for the best experience. It works great for me, quickly remembering any new technical jargon I throw at it.
    08-16-17 04:08 PM
    You will want to be logged in to SwiftKey for the best experience. It works great for me, quickly remembering any new technical jargon I throw at it.
    Not sure I want to be logged in and have my keystrokes logged and analyzed.

Also, does SwiftKey on iOS support long-press for upper case letters? That's a feature I've come to love on BB10 and I can't believe you need a clumsy two-button process to get an uppercase letter.
    09-20-17 11:35 PM
    Understanding that this thread is a few months old now, it's still very relevant.
    For a few different reasons, I have a (corporate) iPhone now, but used to have a Z30. So far, I have found nothing that matches the BB keyboard. Specifically, I was looking for the ability to:
    1. swipe to delete whole words at a time;
    2. enter a comma from the main board (not as a 2nd function)
    3. long press for capitals, or something more efficient than the 2nd function.
    4. decent word prediction

I looked at a bunch, but actually downloaded and tried SwiftKey, & Fleksy. I didn't log into either one. Swiftkey has better prediction than Fleksy, but not as good as BB. Fleksy had an option to place the comma on the main board AND you could swipe backwards to delete entire words - yay! However, I found the prediction engine and the keyboard accuracy to be too frustrating. So, I'm recently back to the stock iOS keyboard which has ok prediction but of course, none of the other gestures that make BB so efficient for text entry. Sigh.
    pjh248 likes this.
    01-09-18 01:15 PM
    Understanding that this thread is a few months old now, it's still very relevant.
    For a few different reasons, I have a (corporate) iPhone now, but used to have a Z30. So far, I have found nothing that matches the BB keyboard. Specifically, I was looking for the ability to:

I looked at a bunch, but actually downloaded and tried SwiftKey, & Fleksy. I didn't log into either one. Swiftkey has better prediction than Fleksy, but not as good as BB. Fleksy had an option to place the comma on the main board AND you could swipe backwards to delete entire words - yay! However, I found the prediction engine and the keyboard accuracy to be too frustrating. So, I'm recently back to the stock iOS keyboard which has ok prediction but of course, none of the other gestures that make BB so efficient for text entry. Sigh.

SwiftKey on Android provides the swipe left to delete, doesn't it do that on iOS?
    01-09-18 08:42 PM

Motion is arriving in the US...
    01-09-18 10:42 PM

I looked at a bunch, but actually downloaded and tried SwiftKey, & Fleksy. I didn't log into either one. Swiftkey has better prediction than Fleksy, but not as good as BB. Fleksy had an option to place the comma on the main board AND you could swipe backwards to delete entire words - yay! However, I found the prediction engine and the keyboard accuracy to be too frustrating.
    SwiftKey uses heat-mapping to analyze your typing and improve keyboard accuracy, and it also learns your writing style and jargon... but of course, for these features to work, you have to be logged in. That's how it worked with BB10 too, except BB may have been hosting SwiftKey prediction servers and had it used your BBID. In any case, they're the same engine - BB10/BB Android's keyboard was/is just re-skinned SwiftKey.
    01-09-18 11:46 PM
    from ssbtech: SwiftKey on Android provides the swipe left to delete, doesn't it do that on iOS?

Sadly, no it doesn't.
    01-10-18 07:28 AM
    Thanks Troy, I've just logged in now, so I'll see how it goes.
    01-10-18 07:31 AM
    It seems SwiftKey's answer to gesture-delete on iOS is to hold down the delete key. Tapping it deletes 1 character at a time, but if you hold it down, it changes to "word at a time" mode. It works, but it's kind of sensitive, so you can easily take out more than just the 1 word you were 'aiming' for. Better than nothing I guess...
    01-10-18 09:24 AM
    SwiftKey uses heat-mapping to analyze your typing and improve keyboard accuracy, and it also learns your writing style and jargon... but of course, for these features to work, you have to be logged in. That's how it worked with BB10 too, except BB may have been hosting SwiftKey prediction servers and had it used your BBID. In any case, they're the same engine - BB10/BB Android's keyboard was/is just re-skinned SwiftKey.
    Word's predictions on BB10 keyboard are far better compare to BlackBerry Android keyboard.

Also speech to text service is unbeatable.

Maluuba servers (BB10) vs Google Cloud Speech (AndroBerry) are just perfect.
    01-23-18 10:30 PM