I gave my q5 a lease of new life the other day when I patched the android runtime to 10.3.3, and installed cobalts tools.

Now I can actually properly uninstall android apps, so I have a decent amount of room for apps and games.

Of course the q5 has a small screen, not that I mind it, nice and portable. And I don't want to play involved games on my phone anyway, that's better on a tablet.

Buuut, I did find "Leo's Fortune" works when patched, and it plays okay on the little screen. Perfect "bus stop game".

I wondered if there was anything else, _non-freemium_, preferably decent looking and fun game play that people had found works

a) well with the screen

b) patches fine with cobalt

Could be a fun little thread. Leo's fortune is definitely decent. Better than candy crush by lightyears.

Go the q5!
    04-01-17 06:40 AM
    Okay so with some playing....Here's my list. Might save other people some work.

1. Leo's Fortune
    2. Osmos HD
    3. Temple Run OZ

Would appreciate any kind of decent racer though. BBW or Google Play.
    04-03-17 06:04 AM
    I gave my q5 a lease of new life the other day when I patched the android runtime to 10.3.3,
    You do realise that BlackBerry posted the Android Runtime fix for 10.3.2.2876 on BlackBerry World in February 2016, right?
    04-03-17 07:00 AM
    You do realise that BlackBerry posted the Android Runtime fix for 10.3.2.2876 on BlackBerry World in February 2016, right?
    Worse patch ever, loll. Yes, I ran it several times and it hung. About an hour each time.

It broke another user on here's runtime, such that no android applications even run anymore at all. They have a thread on that I believe in the BB10 subsection atm.

Also you can't actually properly uninstall android apps at all without cobalts software and access to google settings.

Sachesi however patched the sys.android and android.shell in a matter of moments, add cobalts suite and its been running perfectly ever since, uninstalled everything properly, now have exactly 30 apps, outside of core apps, and the cobalt on my Q5.

A phone everyone seems to commonly say "can only handle a handful of apps". Something I once thought too.

I would not recommend the "android runtime fix" to anyone, based on what I have seen. I would however recommend the upgrade to 10.3.3, just the android runtime via sachesi - something I know works. And I would recommend everyone install at least cobalts google ID, because you can't uninstall android apps without it.

The software stays install, can still run, its just hidden. Whether you do it via the play store, amazon store, bb10, whatever, only google ID works.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-03-17 at 07:17 AM.
    04-03-17 07:06 AM

I would not recommend that "fix" to anyone. And I would recommend everyone install at least cobalts google ID, because you can't uninstall amazon apps either without it.
    Android apps uninstall just fine on 10.3.2.2876 with the updated Runtime from BBW. No issues.
    04-03-17 07:15 AM
    You're telling that to a guy for whom that "updated runtime" just hangs, after I just told you another user had their runtime ruined by it and it doesn't run any android apps at all.

And no, android apps do not uninstall at all, without google id by cobalt. Simply, no.

The icon just goes away, and if you trigger it from somewhere else, like google ID or something within the google system it'll just run it wont need to install, and its all still there

(ie it doesn't go anywhere bb10 just pretends it doesn't exist, takes away the icon, and the listing under settings etc).

There is no way to uninstall android apps properly without google settings. bb10 can't do it, it just essentially takes the app out of bb10, and it stays within android, and on the disk taking up space.

Go look in your android folder, under misc, on your internal disk for all the software you thought you uninstalled but still have.

Every folder, every data and obb file, is all still there, despite bb10's pretence that its uninstalled it.

Or install google ID yourself, and look under settings > apps. It doesn't go anywhere. You can still run them, lol.

It doesn't matter what runtime you have. I had the same problem back before 10.3.286 or whatever the update is that broke the runtime. And I have the full 10.3.3 runtime right now. Nothing uninstalls without google settings >apps.
    04-03-17 07:22 AM
    There is no way to uninstall android apps properly without google settings.
    Incorrect. ONLY builds 10.3.2.2876 and 10.3.2.2888 were affected by the delete bug, and the patch issued in Feb of last year fixed that. Period. Full stop.

The other guy's Runtime hung because he installed the 10.3.2 patch on 10.3.3.

Some background info for you:
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/os-10-3-2-2876-android-runtime-analysis-1058115/
    04-03-17 07:25 AM
    No, dude I have the 10.3.3 runtime now. Its exactly the same. AND I had the earlier versions of 10.3.2, AND its exactly the same.

Go look in your android folder under "misc" on the internal disk, or go into google ID > google settings > apps. You'll see all your "uninstalled" apps still there.

Ask cobalt. You CANNOT uninstall android apps without google settings.

BB10 just removes the icon, and pretends it doesn't exist in its settings, and you can still actually run the software by triggering it from within the android system.

Check. It.

Yes, the runtime is responsible for the uninstall app being triggered (so it needs to be functional), but it won't correctly trigger from anywhere else, not the play store, not amazon store, not bb10.

I've been frustrated with remnant files and folders inside that 'misc' folder for years, long before the broken runtime update occurred. And being on 10.3.3, it still won't properly delete without google settings and cobalts google ID. No matter how I do it.
    04-03-17 07:30 AM
    BTW, I am in IT, work with windows and android at a script/registry file level all the time, and I know the 2876 runtime is broken. I am not using the 2876 runtime. I am using the 10.3.3 runtime. It still will not uninstall via any method than google settings.

It will LOOK like it has, until you go deeper into the google system, or inside the file system that contains android.

And the runtime update doesn't work anyway, its buggy.

You seem to be resistant to what I am saying. Go. And. Check.
    04-03-17 07:39 AM
    No, dude I have the 10.3.3 runtime now. Its exactly the same. AND I had the earlier versions of 10.3.2, AND its exactly the same.

Go look in your android folder under "misc" on the internal disk, or go into google ID > google settings > apps. You'll see all your "uninstalled" apps still there.

Ask cobalt. You CANNOT uninstall android apps without google settings.

BB10 just removes the icon, and pretends it doesn't exist in its settings, and you can still actually run the software by triggering it from within the android system.

Check. It.

Yes, the runtime is responsible for the uninstall app being triggered (so it needs to be functional), but it won't correctly trigger from anywhere else, not the play store, not amazon store, not bb10.

I've been frustrated with remnant files and folders inside that 'misc' folder for years, long before the broken runtime update occurred. And being on 10.3.3, it still won't properly delete without google settings and cobalts google ID. No matter how I do it.
    I'm not going to debate this with you anymore. You're wrong and that's it.

I was involved with this issue when it first appeared in Dec 2014, as I was one of the first (or the first) to discover it. I provided a fix until BlackBerry patched it. I provided you a link to bring you up to speed.
    04-03-17 07:40 AM
    I'm not going to debate this with you anymore. You're wrong and that's it.

I was involved with this issue when it first appeared in Dec 2014, as I was one of the first (or the first) to discover it. I provided a fix until BlackBerry patched it. I provided you a link to bring you up to speed.
    I am on runtime 10.3.3. And it's exactly the same except for google settings.

And before 2876 - it was exactly the same, a whole mess of android folders for apps under the misc android system folder.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-03-17 at 08:00 AM.
    04-03-17 07:46 AM
    Don't believe me then - go check yourself.

Look under the misc folder, where the android file system lives.

File explorer - misc > android.

Have a good look around.

If there are folders or obb files, or data files or directories, named the same as apps you are supposed to have uninstalled, you are seeing what I am talking about.

If you are not familiar with android filesystem that might be confusing to you. So basically to see the still installed files, you want to be looking in this main directory for subfolders with the old apps name OR under the subfolder "android" and either "obb" or "data" where the data for the applications are held.

So misc>android
    misc>android>android>data
    misc>android>android>obb

Now if everything is uninstalling correctly there should be NO trace of anything with the name of any android app you have "uninstalled", apart perhaps from the apk in the "downloads" folder.

Those are supposed to be entirely gone, under the android uninstall app.

If you are not using google settings to uninstall, no matter the runtime, they will not be gone. The apps will either be only partially uninstalled, or not uninstalled at all.

Go look...
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-03-17 at 08:05 AM.
    04-03-17 07:48 AM
    You could also ask cobalt, who's thread you just directed me to, who himself says the only way to properly uninstall android apps from bb10 is to use google settings under google id.
    That's only AFTER fixing the Android Runtime. That's the only way to get at the previously "uninstalled" apps, since the icons are already gone.
    04-03-17 07:59 AM
    Don't believe me then - go check yourself.

Look under the misc folder, under the android file system.
    Have a good look around.

If there are folders or obb files, or data files or directories, named the same as apps you are supposed to have uninstalled, you are seeing what I am talking about.

Those are supposed to be entirely gone, under the android uninstall app.

If you are not using google settings to uninstall, no matter the runtime, they will not be gone. The apps will either be only partially uninstalled, or not uninstalled at all.

Go look...
    You can only lead a horse to water....

I'm done.
    04-03-17 08:01 AM
    Yes, that's the only way to uninstall the apps after fixing the runtime, or in fact, at all.

Being on 10.3.3, I do understand the runtime was part, but not all of the issue.

It only works with a fixed runtime, but with a fixed runtime, no other method will fully uninstall.

Check file folders >
    misc>android
    misc>android>android>obb

If you haven't been doing it this way folks, because you will see folders and files from apps that are not supposed to be there.
    04-03-17 08:08 AM
    If only I could lead the horse to water, lol.

misc>android
    misc>android>android>obb

And see for itself that bb10, under other runtimes, still cannot remove android applications, only google id> google settings can.

Under the "data" subfolder the names will begin with "com." sort of like a reverse website name. That's a common address format, but the name eludes me right now, but somewhere near the end of that name, you'll see the still not uninstalled app names.

You'll probably see a few in the main folder too, just plain folder names. The ones that I find most resistant to uninstalls even via android sources other than google ID, are browsers, like opera etc.

And if you've installed games you _might_ see some under the obb directory, although I've never seen this myself.

But that's where to confirm this yourself.

Of course if you've been uninstalling via google id, settings you'll find no such thing, no directories, no files, nothing with the name of supposedly uninstalled apps - like you are supposed to when the android uninstaller app runs.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-03-17 at 08:23 AM.
    04-03-17 08:09 AM
    I have a completely fresh install btw, security wipe, before I upgraded the runtime, AND THEN, saw this happening in the last week on my phone and saw with my own eyes, that only google id properly removes applications (the ones I installed AFTER the runtime update, and the security wipe completely under the 10.3.3 runtime)

I think perhaps if you don't understand the google file system (which I do, its something I do for a living), perhaps a person might feel scared, or unfamiliar going into the android file system or not know what they are looking at.

But please do it, try it out. You will see with your own eyes what I also have seen since basically fresh installing 10.3.3, and saw long before the faulty runtime, within these folders (and amusing sometimes accidentally running my "uninstalled" apps).

I've been watching these files and folders remaining for years before the broken runtime update, but never knew they were fully intact applications. I got my current phone in late 2014, and of course, the broken runtime update wasn't out then.

I installed temple run, and uninstalled it (android version, because I'd paid for that one) well before the broken runtime update listed above. Literally about two years ago. Aaages ago. When I first got my phone.

A month ago, I ran it, accidentally triggered it from the android system. It ran perfectly fine.

That's when I looked into the runtime issue and attempted the BB fix. Which hung. Two times. For AN HOUR.

When it was supposed to reboot and be all cool.

So I upgraded to 10.3.3 instead, being I knew the issue was fixed in 10.3.3.

Then I thought, everything is fine, so I'll just install by bb10 now, and the play store.

But the play store uninstall just crashes the uninstaller. It goes to install and then flops.

And the bb10 uninstall just leaves all the files still there, or some of the files still there, and usually it still shows up under google settings. Same old same old. Fortunately with the fixed runtime, google settings works now!
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-03-17 at 08:33 AM.
    04-03-17 08:12 AM
    Conite is right. The buggy runtime was on older OS versions. Install the latest 10.3.3 release as a fresh install. Everything will then work, including uninstalling Android apps.
    04-03-17 08:27 AM
    Conite is right. The buggy runtime was on older OS versions. Install the latest 10.3.3 release as a fresh install. Everything will then work, including uninstalling Android apps.
    Thank you.
    04-03-17 08:32 AM
    I have the 10.3.3 runtime. Its a shame I have to repeat that so often. I feel like a stuck record, lol!

Unless you uninstall via google settings, its exactly the same, the files are still there under misc>android (main folder, data folder, obb folder) the name usually still shows up under google settings apps.

Admitedly the uninstall via google settings only works with a functional runtime, but if you care to look in those folders yourself (and please do!), if you've not being doing it via google id, you'll see there are files and folders with file names containing the names of so called uninstalled apps.

Also, this was happening long before the "broken runtime". It was occurring for me in late 2014 when I first got my phone.

Hence why temple run from the play store was still on there, and actually ran, literally a month ago, from installing it just over two years ago
    04-03-17 08:36 AM
    2876 was release in 2016 I believe.

So really, despite any misconceptions this has absolutely nothing specifically to do with 2876 at all, the problem was around before then, otherwise android temple run would not still have been on my phone - I uninstalled that well before 2876.

Rather than just believe what people tell you, go and look yourselves. Please for the love of god, have a look in your misc>android folders if you have not been uninstalling via cobalts google id, google settings!
    04-03-17 08:41 AM
    2876 was release in 2016 I believe.

So really, despite any misconceptions this has absolutely nothing specifically to do with 2876 at all, the problem was around before then, otherwise android temple run would not still have been on my phone - I uninstalled that well before 2876.

Rather than just believe what people tell you, go and look yourselves. Please for the love of god, have a look in your misc>android folders if you have not been uninstalling via cobalts google id, google settings!
    You're plain wrong. This has been analyzed to death. Only 10.3.2.2876 and 10.3.2.2888 were affected until the update was posted in Feb '16. Prior to that, the problem was resolved by loading the 10.3.2.2813 Runtime.
    04-03-17 08:43 AM
    I mean maybe I have just been having some time of paranoid schizophrenic delusion centered around android apps, and BB10 updates, and the contents of the android folders on my phone, but lol, I don't think so hahaha!

I know for a fact I uninstalled temple run before 2876.

And I know for a fact, after I updated to 10.3.3 (after a security wipe too), I was still seeing the same sorts of problems unless I used google settings to uninstall. I certainly tried the other methods, but remnant folders, files and also names within google settings were all still there.

I could still produce exactly the same thing, right now, on my 10.3.3 runtime phone, if I wanted to produce buggy folders and files and clog up my internal disk.

If you were right in front of me, I'd probably do it, because of how frustrating it is to be repeatedly told something you have seen plainly with your own eyes doesn't exist.....
    04-03-17 08:44 AM
    I mean maybe I have just been having some time of paranoid schizophrenic delusion.
    I think we can finally agree on something. Lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-03-17 08:47 AM
    There is literally know way you can convince someone, something he can see right in front of him, as actually tangible proof, isn't real.

So you're flogging a dead horse. I've seen this myself several times in the last week since a complete wipe and 10.3.3 upgrade.

This would be like trying to convince someone that water isn't wet. Or you can live without breathing.
    04-03-17 08:48 AM
48 12