They announced this device, gave it a beautiful name and an attractive price tag, launched it and made it available almost right away. How long is the wait?

If I were a slab phone lover I would've been so satisfied with the phone, the promo campaign, the launch, and how BBMP handled the whole process.

You go Aurora & BBMP!

Posted via CB10
    srini96 likes this.
    03-09-17 10:10 AM
    Think TCL and BB want to take advantage of the tech crowds there at MWC. Might not have gotten too may of those people to show up to stand alone event thrown in say NYC a month later.

But it is exciting to see how much support BBMP has gotten locally... that did seem to be the type of event most wanted for the KEYone.

But the question is how attractive IS the price for THAT market and with that hardware set? I think only those in Indonesia can answer that.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-09-17 10:42 AM
    Let's see the outcome, in regard to QC, that is my only concern here I guess.
    03-09-17 10:44 AM
    I think if that phone is released elsewhere people will be choosing the Aurora over DTEK 50.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 09:16 PM
    Without any doubt, the Aurora is a much better phone as we know so far. I have currently a fleet of 210 DTEK50 and have a lot of complain regarding the battery. Also got back around 10 devices already after a few weeks with cracked screen. While from the around 600 BB Classic fleet, I got back with cracked screen only around 15 in the past two years, not in weeks like the DTEK50.
    03-10-17 12:34 AM
    Without any doubt, the Aurora is a much better phone as we know so far. I have currently a fleet of 210 DTEK50 and have a lot of complain regarding the battery. Also got back around 10 devices already after a few weeks with cracked screen. While from the around 600 BB Classic fleet, I got back with cracked screen only around 15 in the past two years, not in weeks like the DTEK50.
    Were any of those thin slippery broken DTEK50s in cases?
    03-10-17 12:41 AM
    Has this company BBMP designed any other phones before Aurora? Honestly, it looks a lot nicer than the DTEKs.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 12:43 AM
    There is a pattern where they get cracked, nearly all of them gets cracked there. Nothing will prevent from happening that. Neither the classics have case, neither the Z10s, nor the old BB 9790s.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    03-10-17 12:44 AM
    They announced this device, gave it a beautiful name and an attractive price tag, launched it and made it available almost right away. How long is the wait?

If I were a slab phone lover I would've been so satisfied with the phone, the promo campaign, the launch, and how BBMP handled the whole process.

You go Aurora & BBMP!

Posted via CB10
    Beautiful name for a phone, beautiful girls to help advertise a beautiful camera app! Go BBMP!

BlackBerry will never ever bring aurora to the americas because they know it will take away from their own dtek sales...

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-10-17 01:14 AM
    Why go all in on a phone with no track record ? Why buy a BlackBerry DTEK when there are phones available that are a known quantity and have a larger battery ? Why not spend $15 on a case ?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 01:26 AM
    Why go all in on a phone with no track record ? Why buy a BlackBerry DTEK when there are phones available that are a known quantity and have a larger battery ? Why not spend $15 on a case ?

Posted via CB10
    Ok, we tested many phones in the same price range and got feedbacks of those regarding mainly usability. What is like, no decent email client which offers resize of attached photos, no contacts sub-folder sync, no notification LED, they used bb10 before so they missed the hub. From our perspective activating another brand with BES is a nightmare, complicated, long and risky if for some reason the activation got interrupted, you can start from scratch the activation process after the phone wiped itself automatically. Plus the activation require a long additional step, which is encrypting the phone. After ordering a few of the DTEK50 and giving to the same test group, they were happy with the phone, because it fulfilled all their previously mentioned wishes. They also liked that after the heavy Classic this phone is lighter, slimmer. They only mentioned the battery life. For us it was also advantageous that come already encrypted and the activation takes lot less, than any other non BB Android phones. As there isn't any other option out as alternative in the same BB Classic/DTEK50 price range, we had to accept and move forward with the deployment of the phones. Don't forget BlackBerry stopped selling the Classic in many countries, forcing you to change, once again. Like with the end of OS7 devices. If you'd mention the additional £0.89 per month subscription of BB HUB, it is nice if you are a home user and not much, but if you manage your devices with BES and you already pay around £20 per year per device you don't want to pay again nearly £12 per year per device. Regarding the case, not everyone likes the cases, the one which doesn't cover the screen, won't protect the screen, which covers the screen is not practical and also looks less professional. I don't like neither those cases, which covers the screen. Dropped a few times all my phones, but non of them got cracked this easily. Don't get me wrong I know another type of device which has more screen crack accidents than the DTEK50 or any other phone and also in use by some high profile users in our company, is the iPhone 6-6S-7, plus and non-plus versions. Those have an even worse design.
    zensen and stlabrat like this.
    03-10-17 02:16 AM
    Think TCL and BB want to take advantage of the tech crowds there at MWC. Might not have gotten too may of those people to show up to stand alone event thrown in say NYC a month later.

But it is exciting to see how much support BBMP has gotten locally... that did seem to be the type of event most wanted for the KEYone.

But the question is how attractive IS the price for THAT market and with that hardware set? I think only those in Indonesia can answer that.
    I am one and live in Indonesia. Price wise, it's a wee bit rather expensive. Like I've said so many times, the sales will pick up, but slowly. Especially after the price gets knocked down a bit to Rp2900000 or $217. Which it will, after about 6 months on the shelf.

Even here BlackBerry is no longer the household name, and must fight brutally with the likes of Samsung, oppo, and vivo, just to name a view. However, I'm pretty convinced that once people here gets a taste of the Hub+ and DTEK, BlackBerry will get their fighting chance. Most especially with the addition of the current amazing camera app. That will definitely help tipping the scale in their favor.

We'll see.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-10-17 at 07:43 AM.
    03-10-17 07:16 AM
    Has this company BBMP designed any other phones before Aurora? Honestly, it looks a lot nicer than the DTEKs.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Merah Putih is actually a joint venture between BlackBerry and PT TiPhone Mobile Indonesia Tbk. TiPhone is one of the oldest smartphone manufacturers in Indonesia, so they have quite the seniority designing smartphones for Indonesian market.

Here's their official website if you want to know more:
    http://www.tiphone.co.id/aboutus/
    app_Developer and mighthor like this.
    03-10-17 07:27 AM
    I always use a case that extends a little further on the sides so as to protect the screen and have never broken my screen.

http://www.getdtips.com/2016/10/5-be...mazon.html?m=1

Mynet85, Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 09:04 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I am one and live in Indonesia. Price wise, it's a wee bit rather expensive. Like I've said so many times, the sales will pick up, but slowly. Especially after the price gets knocked down a bit to Rp2900000 or $217. Which it will, after about 6 months on the shelf.

Even here BlackBerry is no longer the household name, and must fight brutally with the likes of Samsung, oppo, and vivo, just to name a view. However, I'm pretty convinced that once people here gets a taste of the Hub+ and DTEK, BlackBerry will get their fighting chance. Most especially with the addition of the current amazing camera app. That will definitely help tipping the scale in their favor.

We'll see.
    Thanks for your insight! Please post again to keep us up to date on how it's going there!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 08:27 AM
    Thanks for your insight! Please post again to keep us up to date on how it's going there!

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome. I'll do my best and will post more about Aurora.
    anon(9710735) and AmritD like this.
    03-18-17 09:49 AM
    Attachment 419778

From BBM channels - could you imagine a similar scene in a North American mall in 2017 for the KEYone?
    03-19-17 10:42 AM
    BBMP is doing this right! TCL/BB should take note!-1489938013415_145043.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    Azumarill likes this.
    03-19-17 04:31 PM
    thanks for capture it, it is nice that seeing Blackberry Merah Putih very seriously trying to grab some marketshare here.

I read some news article in some Mass Media in Indonesia that BlackBerry Merah Putih try to get 25% of Indonesia Mid Range Smartphone consumer in next couple years, and with this BlackBerry Aurora they are targeting 1.000.000 unit sold in 2017, I think it little bit ambitious, but I think the timing is right they sell it before Nokia coming to Indonesia which also have many fans here

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 06:58 PM
    thanks for capture it, it is nice that seeing Blackberry Merah Putih very seriously trying to grab some marketshare here.

I read some news article in some Mass Media in Indonesia that BlackBerry Merah Putih try to get 25% of Indonesia Mid Range Smartphone consumer in next couple years, and with this BlackBerry Aurora they are targeting 1.000.000 unit sold in 2017, I think it little bit ambitious, but I think the timing is right they sell it before Nokia coming to Indonesia which also have many fans here

Posted via CB10
    They'd still need to lower the price a bit, or it won't matter what they do. Get back the trust and interest before hitting our collective heads with higher prices.
    03-21-17 01:01 AM
    They'd still need to lower the price a bit, or it won't matter what they do. Get back the trust and interest before hitting our collective heads with higher prices.
    What do you think is a fair price? Be objective.
    03-21-17 06:05 AM
    What do you think is a fair price? Be objective.
    Well, at the very least, make it to Rp2.9million or $217.
    03-21-17 06:14 AM
    If this phone was being released by Blackberry or TCL, people will be bashing them like crazy!

Look at the specs. Compare it with a Z30. Four years newer, and apart for the better cameras (front & back), more memory, and the fact it runs Android, the rest of the specs are pretty similar, and in some cases the Z30 is better.

-Almost equal processor / About the same battery size (3000vs2880)
    -Z30: Adreno 320 - Aurora: Adreno 308
    -Z30: Super Amoled 294ppi - Aurora: LCD 267ppi
    -Z30: Stereo speaker - Aurora: Single speaker
    -Z30: HDMI - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: FM - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: NFC - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band - Aurora: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

An it cost 270 us$
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-21-17 07:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1489938013415_145043.jpeg 
Views:	283 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	419798

Posted via CB10
    I wish that there was a place like this for us to go to here. That would be a nice buying experience.
    03-21-17 08:08 AM
    BlackBerry Merah Putih is actually a joint venture between BlackBerry and PT TiPhone Mobile Indonesia Tbk. TiPhone is one of the oldest smartphone manufacturers in Indonesia, so they have quite the seniority designing smartphones for Indonesian market.

Here's their official website if you want to know more:
    http://www.tiphone.co.id/aboutus/
    Fyi I'm indonesian and from my opinion, tiphone devices wasn't quite good enough in terms of build quality, so far from being good imho, but I hope aurora will be better. And I'm proud that there is a BlackBerry device that was produced originaly from my country. 👍

But I noticed that aurora has different BlackBerry camera, look at the UI of the camera, and compare with priv or dtek or even keyone, its different. It has much feature.
    03-21-17 11:47 AM
36 12