Hi all, just logged in to post this so that some can have the great features of the Hub and receive all the notifications again. I am using my Z30, never got the Facebook update and keep the native FB app but the Instagram pictures posted on FB never where visible and recently I was receiving a message in the Hub that FB will no longer support BlackBerry, it was showing up even if I was deleting it all the time. Now this is what I did and have a Z30 that works like a charm and I intend to keep it that way. I use Astro Backup on my HTC One X+, download apps on Play Store and make a backup and then copy them on my Z30 SD card, I have a lot of Android apps working flawlessly, do this if you want the Hub back again:

Do not update Instagram, last updates since late November made the app freez when minimizing and I had to log out and log in to keep viewing the app.
    All apps are from APKMirror, I never liked getting apps from third party websites but no one had any problem after reading a lot and I just went with it for the love toward keeping my Z30

- Instagram Version from 9.5.5

-APKMirror Facebook 28.0.0.16.16

- Facebook Messenger 25.0.0.17.14

Everything works great, Instagram has all features, Facebook also and is blazing fast, it states in the options bar that 22 updates are available, who cares! All notifications are coming in the Hub. Messenger works, chat and even from the Facebook app, notifications come in the Hub but you cant see from who until you tap open the notification, again who cares! Need the call option, talk on BBM, the best ever chat app for phones!

I have all the apps I need that I would normally use on a Android device:

Facebook
    Messenger
    Instagram
    VK
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    BBM
    Google Maps
    Google Translate
    Chase
    Capital
    Discover
    PayPal
    XE Currency
    Netflix
    Weekender (NY Subway Official App)
    MixiCloud
    Kickstarter
    CCLeaner
    Clef
    Uber
    Etsy
    Team Viewer
    Office Lens
    WordPress
    Zomato
    Spotify
    Cortana, did not try it yet
    Shazam
    Autodesk Sketch
    Photoshop
    FlipBoard
    Adobe PDF
    Hapen

BlackBerry Apps:
    DropBox
    Weather
    Youtube - Web based, wanna watch videos or have an app? Get real.
    Linkedin
    Blend
    Ebay
    Amazon
    Amazon Apps
    Soundcloud
    Link
    Parrot
    Wikipedia
    Remember
    Clock
    Travel
    Docs to Go
    Assistant
    BB World, never use it...
    Evernote
    Smart Tags
    Adobe PDF
    Password Keeper
    BB Meetings
    Story Maker
    BB Express
    BB Browser, I do not need anything better

What more do you need? Games, I tried a lot and they worked even if I do not play games, I tried the basic popular ones.

I started enjoying my Z30 as the day I bought it! Do not updates the Apps that are making problems, ether use the old ones that work well or move on with another OS device, I know I wont for now!
    Last edited by Ksoma; 12-22-16 at 10:52 PM.
    Blaby likes this.
    12-22-16 10:29 PM
    Nothing really new... but nice to see there are still ways to make it work.
    12-23-16 07:25 AM
    I know its nothing new but many have been asking how to make the Hub work with FB, Messenger and Instagram, even I had problems with the Instagram app since the last few updates, this could help dose who do not know how to manage this. Also a lot members do not know that they can just copy paste apk from other Android devices and do not need to use other applications that side load.

Best regards
    Bicky122 and cipriacp like this.
    12-23-16 11:17 AM
    How do you use the Astro Backup? Is it installed on the PC or on the Android? Do you download the special applications from any site? If it is not from this site, are they not useful? do you download them to the PC or Android? If you download them to the Android before backup them do you have to copy them to the sd card? do you copy from your cell phone or PC?
    04-27-18 01:06 PM
    is this the way rigth?

https://en.softonic.com/articles/how...o-file-manager

Select the apps that you want to back up and when you are done, click Backup. Astro File Manager will backup the selected apps and place them in a folder called backups.When reinstalling apps, all you need to do is copy the folder back on the Android device and you can manually install them. Keep in mind that the backups are install files and don’t contain your user data. This is a good way to back up apps that may get removed from Google Play.
    04-27-18 07:24 PM
    But with that many Android app, hows the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 12:15 AM