I brought my Verizon Priv to T-Mobile and and all the features Verizon never managed to get working were setup and running instantly, such as visual voicemail, HD Calling, and Wi-Fi Calling.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-04-16 06:50 PM
    Glad its all working for you now.
    12-05-16 08:22 AM
    That's great to know..... I think what most on Verizon would want to know is how is their coverage in your area.

I think if you can get the coverage you need from T-Mobile... it's a smart move.
    12-05-16 08:26 AM
    And the $ change amount (plus or minus) for the monthly bill. I am on the 20GB family plan w/VZW but would love to switch if it is cost effective, get the same amount of data (without being throttled back) and the coverage is the same.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by zephyr613; 12-05-16 at 10:55 AM.
    12-05-16 08:33 AM
    That's great to know..... I think what most on Verizon would want to know is how is their coverage in your area.

I think if you can get the coverage you need from T-Mobile... it's a smart move.
    I have both a Verizon Priv and a ShopBB Priv with a T-mobile sim card. As I've recently posted, my Priv with T-mobile sim did not have coverage or was spotty in the Sedona, Arizona area while my Verizon Priv had coverage. Staff at the resort confirmed that T-mobile generally did not work at the resort about 8 miles south of Sedona Proper but along a state highway. He also said it was spotty through-out the area. He also said other carriers also had trouble in the area but I could not confirm that. In another area a few miles west of Sedona, a trail volunteer mentioned that while Verizon might be spotty it was the only carrier that had any chance of working in the area and it did work between our respective Verizon models (my Priv and some Moto model).

Obviously, I did not run definitive studies but was pretty sure that this confirmed my past observations about coverage in the southwest desert areas of the US. It was one of the reasons I jumped aboard the ShopBB Priv model - to test in the area since I knew I was heading down there in November. I thought about but did not also acquire an AT&T sim card for this vacation. Maybe another time!

And in an experiment yesterday (after another thread), I moved the T-mobile sim card to the Verizon Priv and it worked both on a wifi call and regular cell call here at home. Only carried out those two brief calls. (when I first got the ShopBB Priv I did try my Verizon sim in it - it did not work!)
    12-05-16 09:08 AM
    For many T-Mobile's coverage is adequate for them. For others, it just isn't.

I checked their coverage map a few months ago, and it pretty much is colored in fully now in my area. But when I talk with people that have T-Mobile - or MetroPCS (big prepaid "carrier" here), T-Mobile's coverage is VERY spotty still. But it has gotten better than SPRINT... they don't seem to be growing their coverage at all here..

If all four carrier had equal coverage... Verizon would be in BIG trouble. Especially with AT&T's combining of services.
    12-05-16 09:47 AM
    For many T-Mobile's coverage is adequate for them. For others, it just isn't.

I checked their coverage map a few months ago, and it pretty much is colored in fully now in my area. But when I talk with people that have T-Mobile - or MetroPCS (big prepaid "carrier" here), T-Mobile's coverage is VERY spotty still. But it has gotten better than SPRINT... they don't seem to be growing their coverage at all here..

If all four carrier had equal coverage... Verizon would be in BIG trouble. Especially with AT&T's combining of services.
    But but but.... That "can you hear me now" traitor guy says that the Sprint network is the best in the world. He's obviously a true believer! I'm absolutely positive that it has nothing to do with money!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-05-16 07:15 PM
    AFAIK, T-Mobile's expansion has been only with their new 700mHz (band 12). I wonder how many of those satisfied have a phone able to use that band and how many of the disatisfied ones do not.
    12-07-16 11:47 PM
    just traded my k1 for BlackBerry priv Verizon and motor g4 plus and gotta say this Verizon version has better coverage than any gsm phone I've had on Tmobile tripped out, I'll be paying less with better coverage when I jump to verizon all because I'm bringing my own phones and on unlimited I usually don't go over 15 gb month with Tmobile so should be just fine when on Verizon with better cell signal at my home and neighborhood as well
    02-24-18 04:51 PM