Just wondering if there is a way of backing up a Q5 without using Link? I'm asking because my wife's Q5 and my Q10 both were affected by an update a while back that screwed up the phones ability to recognize our blackberry id password, so now we can't update bbm and many other things and also can't do a backup using Link. When I connect my wife's phone, Link tells me it can't perform a backup because there isn't a bb id associated with this device. If I go into settings and look at the blackberry id info, doesn't matter what I try, it won't accept the password or allow me to edit any info. Her settings has blackberry id info in there but it's my info and it won't allow me to edit it at all.
    I've been told that in order to fix this bb id crap, that I need to factory reset the phone and then start new but can't back the damn thing up to do that. This is getting so frustrating that I'm about ready to throw both Blackberry phones in the garbage and switch to something else. Friggin os update caused this issue but now we're stuck with the headache of trying to fix it

So, is it possible to back it up without the use of link? and will this backup everything?
    08-14-16 05:43 PM
    I don't think there is anyway to back up these phones without Link. If you can wipe and start over at least you will get the use of them. As of right now, aren't they basically bricks to you? Maybe wiping and starting over would be the best of all evils....

your contacts are with your email account...google? outlook? yahoo?
    apps can be reloaded after. SMS will be lost since the last backup in Link. What else is there to back up? pics and vids are on an sd card? or can you plug into a pc and read the contents of the device memory and save those?
    08-14-16 05:51 PM
    Ultimate Backup (in BB World)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:57 PM
    Ultimate Backup (in BB World)

Posted via CB10
    Would love to use this app but you can't download and install apps on a BB without entering your blackberry id and password. I found an .apk file of this app but the phone warns me that I shouldn't use this app/file
    08-14-16 06:50 PM
    Would love to use this app but you can't download and install apps on a BB without entering your blackberry id and password. I found an .apk file of this app but the phone warns me that I shouldn't use this app/file
    Sorry, overlooked the fact that you're having the BB ID problem.

You could try backing up using Sachesi. Lots of good tutorials in the forums.
    08-15-16 06:38 AM
    Sorry, overlooked the fact that you're having the BB ID problem.

You could try backing up using Sachesi. Lots of good tutorials in the forums.
    Beat me to it, Sachesi does backups in a format BB Link can read

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 06:40 AM
    Sachesi as well says you need a BB ID to do backups and restores which once again causes an issue. Also, Sachesi states that my Q10 doesn't have a BB ID associated with it which is false because it does, just can't login due to the password issues
    08-15-16 10:37 AM