It seems according to the story https://is.gd/xXoa6O that Samsung is creating their version of the Hub.
    If they get more apps to integrate themselves to their Hub, people might prefer it over the one on the Priv.

Maybe Samsung customers got jealous of the Hub on the Priv and they wanted to make one for their customers since BlackBerry has slept on the BlackBerry experience suite they talked about in the past.

There are threads on CB about people installing the BlackBerry Hub on their Samsung phones, so maybe BlackBerry could've negotiated a deal with Samsung to license the BlackBerry Hub to their devices instead of now creating a competing Hub.

https://is.gd/HU3mZb
    Rumors are always fun lol

Samsung rumored to be copying the Hub-img_20160510_184738.png

Attachment 399495

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 05-11-16 at 08:38 AM.
    05-10-16 05:58 PM
    I can see this as a huge possibility for Samsung.
    05-10-16 06:57 PM
    05-10-16 07:19 PM
    I'm sure Samsung with ADVERTISE and MARKET this to make money; BlackBerry won't.
    Wish you all the best BlackBerry
    sonicpix likes this.
    05-10-16 07:24 PM
    I don't really care who makes it. As long it's as good as HUB, which for me is not so much the integration of third party apps. It's mainly the cleanliness BlackBerry has, I'm jumping ship. I would love to have a S7 and not look back. I don't really care for BlackBerry anymore. I will however reconsider if they release a POWERHOUSE Classic style Android device. I need the physical keyboard, but the one we love, not their fake PRIV PKB which sucks royaly.

It's time for BlackBerry to wake up and make 2 devices ONKY, a PKB and a VKB device, that's it.... And of course a 6000 Mah battery with it to got through the day...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-16 07:32 PM
    Only a matter of time before this happens. And they have the resources to make it way better.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-10-16 07:44 PM
    Great news for me because I had already planned on moving on from BlackBerry when the Note 6 comes out. Hope they implement it well.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 08:13 PM
    With the Galaxy Note 6, Samsung seems to be working on a similar feature. This feature is dubbed Samsung Focus, and it will integrate functions like email, calendar, contacts and memos.
    Sounds more like Productivity Tab rather than Hub.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-10-16 08:33 PM
    I believe the Samsung Focus is already an existing lower range device.

05-10-16 09:05 PM
    Sounds more like Productivity Tab rather than Hub.
    Yep, not even close to what the hub is for BB10.

anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-10-16 10:17 PM
    It's only a matter of time before Apple jumps ship and blows everyone off the water with there own version of the "HUB" and integrates it into IOS10..

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    techvisor likes this.
    05-11-16 12:53 AM
    It's only a matter of time before Apple jumps ship and blows everyone off the water with there own version of the "HUB" and integrates it into IOS10..
    I'd like to see iOS adopt something like this:

1) change the home screen to vertical scrolling, rather than horizontal, to facilitate:
    2) swipe left-to-right on home screen to show something like the hub. Press home button then swipe l2r to get to Hub from any app
    3) swipe right-to-left on home screen to switch to either open app or specific chosen app, like browser, or camera... Easily changed depending on your activity. You might want it to be a shopping list app, or camera, or Instagram or Twitter, depending on what you're doing.
    05-11-16 01:03 AM

1) change the home screen to vertical scrolling, rather than horizontal, to facilitate:
    2) swipe left-to-right on home screen to show something like the hub. Press home button then swipe l2r to get to Hub from any app
    3) swipe right-to-left on home screen to switch to either open app or specific chosen app, like browser, or camera... Easily changed depending on your activity. You might want it to be a shopping list app, or camera, or Instagram or Twitter, depending on what you're doing.
    this would make ios good. id buy it.

as for the samsung rumor, this is why BlackBerry needs to put the hub in the app store! someone is going to copy BlackBerry and beat them

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 06:42 AM
    My wife just bought the Galaxy Edge. Nice phone. Gestures plus hub would be cool. Still prefer my Classic for daily usability.
    05-11-16 09:49 AM
    I'm just waiting for the "they're too late to the party" comments - there won't be any such comments, as it's only BlackBerry we dislike around here these days lmao...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-11-16 04:38 PM
    Samsung had a "hub" on Android 3-4 years ago and discontinued it, but it's not a new thing for them and it isn't anything they'd need to license from BB. But like BB, the real issue is getting devs to provide support for it - something a lot of devs don't want to do because they prefer you to be in THEIR OWN app instead of in a hub.

Sure, Samsung has far more pull than BB, but still probably not enough to make that happen. I guess we will see.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-11-16 05:36 PM
    I think the new Samsung S7 has a HUB type email search now. One of my employees is able to search multiple in boxes from one location. It's only for email if I'm not mistaken but it's a far cry from the BlackBerry HUB. Nothing comes close to the Classic for email management and typing. It's a communication beast.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 06:23 PM

Cupertino space ship will launch from this earth before Apple changes the UI that much. There will be expanded use of 3D Touch but thats it.
    05-11-16 06:43 PM
    I'm sure Samsung with ADVERTISE and MARKET this to make money; BlackBerry won't. Wish you all the best BlackBerry
    That's because Samsung has a substantial portion of the consumer market and the money to advertise to it. BlackBerry has an insignificant portion of the same market.
    05-11-16 10:22 PM
    this would make ios good. id buy it.

as for the samsung rumor, this is why BlackBerry needs to put the hub in the app store! someone is going to copy BlackBerry and beat them

Posted via CB10
    AGAIN.......all things as they were, only you are their!

Woof!
    05-12-16 07:16 AM

I think you have a great idea, the problem is Apple is also very smug on their own OS. They should have made these changes you mentioned years ago......as well as others.........but its Apple.......like Google they do no harm.....................not!
    05-12-16 07:18 AM
    I think you have a great idea, the problem is Apple is also very smug on their own OS. They should have made these changes you mentioned years ago......as well as others.........but its Apple.......like Google they do no harm.....................not!
    Smug... or smart enough to keep things simple and don't force users to make drastic changes. I agree that I don't like the whole, there is a separate app for this and a separate app for that, with very little customization or control. But I understand that there is a place in this world for SIMPLE.

Think BlackBerry was the overly smug ones thinking they could "start over" from scratch with a whole new OS and bring nothing of the old OS, nor the features of the other popular OS.....
    techvisor likes this.
    05-12-16 08:03 AM
    Guess the BlackBerry is helping them with it, after SS gave their curved glass to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 08:09 AM
    I have an s7 edge also, if Sam gets hub native owl drop my priv.

05-12-16 08:17 AM
    Smug... or smart enough to keep things simple and don't force users to make drastic changes. I agree that I don't like the whole, there is a separate app for this and a separate app for that, with very little customization or control. But I understand that there is a place in this world for SIMPLE.

Think BlackBerry was the overly smug ones thinking they could "start over" from scratch with a whole new OS and bring nothing of the old OS, nor the features of the other popular OS.....
    I meant was BlackBerry was smug for a long time.................then the hand writing was on the wall and it was to little to late with OS 10. By then the horse had left the barn.

Woof!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-12-16 10:13 AM
42 12