Have any sales numbers been made public on the Priv?

I visited two AT&T factory stores in the DC area. In one I was told that they had only received 3 and one had been sold. The other, a larger store, said there was some interest and that 1 or 2 had been sold.

Both had the Priv and Classic on display and neither had any Passports.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 08:49 AM
    nope nothing but speculations at this point.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-26-15 09:13 AM
    Have any sales numbers been made public on the Priv?

I visited two AT&T factory stores in the DC area. In one I was told that they had only received 3 and one had been sold. The other, a larger store, said there was some interest and that 1 or 2 had been sold.

Both had the Priv and Classic on display and neither had any Passports.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ask all the reps?

#BBFactCheck
    11-26-15 02:36 PM
    It's ranked number on at Rogers.

#1 Priv
    #2 iphone 6S
    #3 Samsung galaxy S6 plus
    #4 Nexus 6P

http://www.connectedrogers.ca/gear/5...088329#slide-2
    11-26-15 03:13 PM
    It's ranked number on at Rogers.

#1 Priv
    #2 iphone 6S
    #3 Samsung galaxy S6 plus
    #4 Nexus 6P

http://www.connectedrogers.ca/gear/5...088329#slide-2
    My perception is that more Canadians are loyal to BlackBerry than are those south of the border.

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster and 00stryder like this.
    11-26-15 04:52 PM
    It is not in Amazon 100 top-selling smartphones amzn.to/1kVOZyN
    11-26-15 05:32 PM
    My perception is that more Canadians are loyal to BlackBerry than are those south of the border.

Posted via CB10
    I find a lot of Canadians are passionate BlackBerry haters - they typically owned a Curve/Pearl/Storm, wound of hating it, and by extension, BlackBerry. Most anyone under 20 seems completely oblivious to their existence, too.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 07:24 PM
    I find a lot of Canadians are passionate BlackBerry haters - they typically owned a Curve/Pearl/Storm, wound of hating it, and by extension, BlackBerry. Most anyone under 20 seems completely oblivious to their existence, too.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly I think BlackBerry the company did a number of things that created some very passionate BlackBerry haters. Along with the way many enterprise customers kept those Curves | Storms | Bolds in use way past their prime. I know many who still had company or government issued BlackBerry's that were three or four years old.... but had personal iPhone 4's and loved them. (years ago)

At that point there really was no comparison to the capabilities of an old BBOS device running BBOS 6 or BBOS 5 even.

BOT: PRIV sales.. if they are good, Chen will mention some real numbers at the earning call the end of Dec. But right now everything is just speculation one way or the other.

I just don't think you can expect too much with the marketing they have been doing up to this point. Have to hope there is more to the PRIV than what we have seen so far.
    techvisor and Brian Beaudoin like this.
    11-30-15 04:00 PM
    Today I stopped by the AT&T Store in an upscale DC neighborhood. I was told that they have received two shipments three Privs and the sold all within one week of receiving them. They said the buyers came in looking for it rather than to those browsing. This is a small store with neighbors that include Bloomingdale's, Neimen Marcus, and Sacks.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 11:34 PM
    It's #56 as of right now. Early this morning it was in the 60's

They are also out of stock again.
    12-03-15 11:57 PM
    It's #56 as of right now. Early this morning it was in the 60's

They are also out of stock again.
    I wouldn't worry too much about Amazon's top 100 for smartphones... as looking at the tops spots doesn't really seem to reflect the most popular devices of today. Just don't think Amazon is where the majority of people buy their smartphone, so Amazon's rankings aren't going to be a true measure of anything... other than just how it's doing on Amazon.
    12-04-15 07:56 AM
    I wouldn't really look into the Amazon numbers... After the initial sell out (seemed to be a small batch). The Priv was back in stock 3 days ago. BlackBerry Priv now available again from Amazon in the U.S. | CrackBerry.com
    12-04-15 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Most Canadians have no clue who butters their bread.......non

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 03:51 PM
    Less than the Passport with as high or a higher return rate.

Could very well be their (second) last phone.
    12-10-15 03:23 PM
    Less than the Passport with as high or a higher return rate.

Could very well be their (second) last phone.
    Passport wasn't even carried by many of the retailers, so i find this hard to believe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-15 04:46 PM
    Passport wasn't even carried by many of the retailers, so i find this hard to believe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This would be hard to convince people here but just as I correctly assessed the outcome of the Z10 and Passport, I think I will be right about the Priv.

Getting more retailers on board looks good on paper but this phone has half the market of the Passport right out of the gate. It's a confused and unpolished device that has a real identity problem.
    Most retailers are online only. Even if it was put in front of more people it wouldn't help. The product is the issue.

Businesses will further abandon BB devices (Almost feel silly even saying this. As though that shouldn't be overwhelmingly clear). Android or BBOS. They can see where this is going clearly at this point. The price point and Android helps to that end.

Very little noise about this phone for just being launched.
    Online retailers reviews, other sites are much quieter than was the case with the Passport/Classic at this stage.

Stats are out for November and BB is maintaining it's freefall.
    When the Passport/Classic launched the same stats showed up ticks to par losses and in some cases reverse slightly during the two months after launch. Then continued to slide at a steady pace.

Edit:
    Investors should likely be happy about this.
    A turnaround in handsets and small share would have been nice but it's just not going to happen. The sooner the company completely restructures as a software company probably the better. They would still have a lot of work to do to make it happen but it probably wouldn't be a bad stock to own once it does. Assuming they can compete against VMware and Citrix EMM offerings which is questionable. They would need to. As much as QNX gets talked up, it's not a money maker. If their EMM really doesn't make it then there isn't much of a company in any sense.
    domokeats09, early2bed and kbz1960 like this.
    12-10-15 05:42 PM
    I guess that selling phone at Walmart will help bumping the numbers.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:58 PM
    Not interested in your long commentary (or anyone else's to be fair), but I was looking for your details regarding Passport sales being better than Priv. If you're simply guessing, that's fine. It's what most people do here. But you're not really sticking your neck out with your "predictions", betting against a long time underperforming company. Now, I'm not suggesting the Priv is a smashing success, but Passport sales were awful so the bar is low. And Passport's real target market was a subset of a very small BB10 user base, while Priv theoretically has a much larger market to address. Anyway, we may or may not see on Friday, depending on how much detail BBRY provides.

This would be hard to convince people here but just as I correctly assessed the outcome of the Z10 and Passport, I think I will be right about the Priv.

Getting more retailers on board looks good on paper but this phone has half the market of the Passport right out of the gate. It's a confused and unpolished device that has a real identity problem.
    Most retailers are online only. Even if it was put in front of more people it wouldn't help. The product is the issue.

Businesses will further abandon BB devices (Almost feel silly even saying this. As though that shouldn't be overwhelmingly clear). Android or BBOS. They can see where this is going clearly at this point. The price point and Android helps to that end.

Very little noise about this phone for just being launched.
    Online retailers reviews, other sites are much quieter than was the case with the Passport/Classic at this stage.

When the Passport/Classic launched the same stats showed up ticks to par losses and in some cases reverse slightly during the two months after launch. Then continued to slide at a steady pace.

Edit:
    Investors should likely be happy about this.
    A turnaround in handsets and small share would have been nice but it's just not going to happen. The sooner the company completely restructures as a software company probably the better. They would still have a lot of work to do to make it happen but it probably wouldn't be a bad stock to own once it does. Assuming they can compete against VMware and Citrix EMM offerings which is questionable. They would need to. As much as QNX gets talked up, it's not a money maker. If their EMM really doesn't make it then there isn't much of a company in any sense.
    12-13-15 09:21 AM
    Not interested in your long commentary (or anyone else's to be fair), but I was looking for your details regarding Passport sales being better than Priv. If you're simply guessing, that's fine. It's what most people do here. But you're not really sticking your neck out with your "predictions", betting against a long time underperforming company. Now, I'm not suggesting the Priv is a smashing success, but Passport sales were awful so the bar is low. And Passport's real target market was a subset of a very small BB10 user base, while Priv theoretically has a much larger market to address. Anyway, we may or may not see on Friday, depending on how much detail BBRY provides.
    Chen at least gave some early numbers for Passport sales..... most don't believe BlackBerry has even made 200K PRIV yet. But yeah everyone is just guessing, as BlackBerry isn't saying, and doing "channel" checks isn't as easy as it once was, and the app counts in Google Play are questionable....

I don't know if sales are on track for the 5 Million Chen wants.... but it does seem that sales are higher than they planned, as production is having a hard time keeping up. Much like it did the first month the Passport was launched.
    jimmyt1 likes this.
    12-15-15 08:33 AM
    Not sure if you read my post but maybe this part was missed or misunderstood.

"
    "

There are many mobile statistics vendors out there. Their data is very reliable.
    They are much more reliable than "channel checks" that basically entail people checking stock or no stock at retail locations.

I won't make a chart but here is WW Monthly Vendor Markeshare from one source:

Passport Launch in 08/2014 - 1.64 %
    Classic Launch in 12/2014 - 1.38 %
    Passport/Classic Launch at AT&T in 01/2015 - 1.25 %

Priv Launch - 11/2015 - 1.06 %
    12-15-15 12:18 PM
    Part of the educated guessing:

Passport was the first high end BB and a new OS launch BB users had been long waiting for.
    Classic was a great replacement for all their old enterprise users who wanted to stay BB.
    It's not terribly hard to see the demand there.

Priv doesn't really appeal to either of those groups.
    BB users like BB OS and a better keyboard. They also not that long ago bought a Passport.
    Enterprise doesn't like to invest further in companies on their way out and the writing is really on the wall at this point. Since it's running Android what's keeping them from going Android with another vendor for much less money and knowing that vendor will still be making phones in a few years?
    This is the point the long time holdouts in enterprise still using BB devices will switch.

The average Android user won't be interested because it's BB, it's expensive, they've moved on from hardware keyboards and the one on the Priv isn't that great anyways (some will try for the keyboard but return), they can get any one of many better Android's for less money.
    iPhone users. Not a chance.
    JeepBB and Shlooky like this.
    12-15-15 12:53 PM
    Calculations have been going around and the general consensus is 100 to 250k privs sold depending on the ASP (average selling price)

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    12-20-15 05:46 PM
    One good thing... they have licked the inventory problems. Must have gotten a couple of more production lines going to meet the demand.
    01-05-16 02:03 PM
    One good thing... they have licked the inventory problems. Must have gotten a couple of more production lines going to meet the demand.
    … or the initial surge met most of the demand and now sales are going to drop off a cliff.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-05-16 02:04 PM
    Recently I stopped in the AT&T store in one of the biggest malls in the DC area. The sales person was nice but had no clue about the security benefits of the Priv. She said they sell a few but said it without enthusiasm.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 09:54 PM
65 123