I recently bought a passport by paying an arm and leg for it.

I absolutely love it.

And then I saw this thread about the upcoming slider and the possible death of BB10.

If I'm stuck with an OS with no plans for development, should I sell the Passport while I might still get a better price as compared to when they officially announce?

Are they planning this "Android Port" for the Passport too or only full-touch BB devices?

I love the Passport, but if it's a sinking ship, it might be better to bail sooner!
    08-22-15 12:19 PM
    I'm sticking with my Passport. I won't sell based on what may or may not happen with the OS in the future. As long as I love it and it's operational, why not keep it? Why jump ship and move to a device that you don't love as much while your Passport is still fully functional. I go through phones too quickly to worry too far into the future. Ride it until the wheels fall off!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kthhrrsn; 08-22-15 at 02:16 PM.
    sesp9, mmrshll and rkakkar like this.
    08-22-15 12:25 PM
    Why don't you wait one or two more months? I wouldn't act just on rumours. There is a possibility that they might be true, but what if BlackBerry 10 won't die? Then you'll regret it... I'm keeping my Passport regardless what happens, as I absolutely love it. I'm gonna buy a Classic too, very soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:48 PM
    I'll say what another user said in response to a similar thread. BlackBerry still supports BlackBerry OS 7.1. Why would they neglect BB10, a (mostly) still new OS? There are going to be longtime loyal users who are not interested in going the Android route, I'm fairly certain both options will be kept open. In fact, iirc, John Chen said in an interview they will continue support for BB10.

In any case, a lot of this stuff is just rumors an hearsay, and I'm sure there's good reason as to why all the upcoming stuff is being kept a mystery. There are new and exciting things on the horizon.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    08-22-15 02:33 PM
    If you payed an Arm and a Leg not likely you will get them back. So stay with the Passport as it will still work for many years after BB goes under.
    08-22-15 02:42 PM
    I'll say what another user said in response to a similar thread. BlackBerry still supports BlackBerry OS 7.1. Why would they neglect BB10, a (mostly) still new OS? There are going to be longtime loyal users who are not interested in going the Android route, I'm fairly certain both options will be kept open. In fact, iirc, John Chen said in an interview they will continue support for BB10.

In any case, a lot of this stuff is just rumors an hearsay, and I'm sure there's good reason as to why all the upcoming stuff is being kept a mystery. There are new and exciting things on the horizon.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    What an intelligently thought out comment. Thank you... this forum, blog site and community need more of this attitude and optimism.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10. � C a d u c e u s �
    digitamer and zombiecupcake like this.
    08-22-15 03:22 PM
    Should totally sell it. I'll give you $25 for it, since the OS is definitely dead.
    08-22-15 03:45 PM
    You already purchased the Passport. Why not get your money's worth out of it before moving on to the next device? If you're really fiending for Android so much, why didn't you just get yourself a nice S6 Edge or something? If you "absolutely" love the Passport, "absolutely" get your use out of it before you move on?

You can always sell it to Poi if you don't like it. Hey Poi, that replacement Passport still doing okay?
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-22-15 03:56 PM
    You can always sell it to Poi if you don't like it. Hey Poi, that replacement Passport still doing okay?
    Yes, everything's going well. No issues on this one!
    anon9347040 likes this.
    08-22-15 05:11 PM
    You have answered your question yourself. You sa you love it, stick with I. Even if bb10 d get a more updates which is unlikely it still is a great OS and totally usable for at least two more years.
    08-22-15 10:10 PM
    People who think BlackBerry 10 is going away just because they're building an Android device are ridiculous and wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:50 PM
    I think the android move is an attempt to get people back and then to get them to try bb10.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-26-15 09:58 PM
    Let's assume a worst case scenario for a minute...BlackBerry launches the Android device and also announces a complete transition to Android in the future.

Under that scenario BB10 will still work just fine on all legacy devices. So...if you love the Passport and love BB10, why does the analysis change?

Keep the Passport and enjoy it for the next couple years...it will continue to work as it does now even if BlackBerry decides to transition completely to Android in the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:03 PM
    Maybe they'll run both android and BlackBerry 10.
    I noticed an android logo on the photo

Should iI sell it? :(-fs5k0.jpg

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    08-26-15 10:57 PM
    I think the android move is an attempt to get people back and then to get them to try bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Not much chance of that. BB10 development has already been irreparably gutted. And no one will want to give up their apps.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 10:59 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fs5k0.jpg 
Views:	1432 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	368507

Posted via CB10
    Whoaa.. Is that real Dani?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 10:59 PM
    Guys I get what you'll are saying.

But the problem with using legacy devices that would probably still be supported for the next two years is the fact that the apps we use may not longer be supported.

For instance, one of the biggest thing I love about BB is the HUB.

However if BBOS10 has no updates for the next two years, whereas my social accounts such as Facebook, WhatsApp etc. keep getting updated at a furious pace, there may be a time when the Hub will fail. When it will no longer be able to read what Facebook / WhatsApp is sending because no one on BB's side is doing the updates. That's my biggest worry with using a legacy device. And if the Hub fails, there is little that BBOS10 has to offer.

Anyway now that I have it, I guess the best choice for me currently is to milk it until that point of failure, which I hope never happens.
    08-27-15 12:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome! It would definitely please a lot of people if they were able to switch from BB10 to Android on BlackBerry hardware. Maybe this will bring peace to all CrackBerryans once more?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 02:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    What does it say next to the Android guy?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:22 AM
    What does it say next to the Android guy?

Posted via CB10
    Looks like it says "Switch to Android".

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-27-15 05:37 AM
    In my opinion. Android may not stable as os10. And using this os with passport give me a lot of fun :d

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:05 AM
    Switch to android in quick settings would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:16 AM
    Maybe its time for Chen to come clean with all his Loyal customers for once tell us exactly what the Plan is and how bb10 will be supported in the future why release a new SE PP and have folks scared to buy it do to lack of support no wonder people are going to ios and android phones or has he already gave up on hardware .?
    08-27-15 07:39 AM
    We are waiting the news from BlackBerry, but also if BlackBerry support BB10 it depends how they support.
    BlackBerry 7 is supported but where is the developers? Where is Telegram or other apps? You can forgot. On BlackBerry 10 you has the solution to get the Android apps, but if BlackBerry switch to Android with Google Services they need to remove the runtime from BB10 for respect some rules of OHA.
    With Cascades that is based on a framework that is EOL by end of year, you can only dream the apps.
    So what is the sense of using a platform without apps?

For now don't selling anything, but there is really only bad news. If BlackBerry is still committed to BB10 they can do like Microsoft with Nadella. Saying that in public. Support developers with a roadmap and tools. Prefer native over Android apps, Yes it's true BlackBerry ask to consumer developers to developing Android apps instead of native. Native are only for business.
    08-27-15 08:11 AM
    The problem I have with these leaks is that they keep you on a hook. If I had a device like that, I'd show a video of it working. Not these blurrycam Blair witch bull**** photos. Pardon the vulgarity
    08-27-15 09:49 AM
33 12