I'm still running 10.2.1. On my Q

I want a software update and I want it now!

Be it BlackBerry or tmobile that resolves this.

This is slow bus professionalism people.

Do the right thing by the people who invested in You.

The both of ya's.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OkieBloke; 07-24-15 at 04:19 PM.
    07-24-15 03:47 PM
    Before someone jumps in with "install using the ____ autoloader," that would kill WiFi calling (WFC)--a feature important to many of us on TMO.
    OkieBloke, lift and sdwatson11 like this.
    07-24-15 03:57 PM
    Yes exactly, raino.

We shouldn't have to make up for their..complacency, by going underground for things that were part of an original agreement.

I understand they had beef (tmobile and BB), but as soon as that was resolved they should have hustled to right the wrongs inflicted on the people that invested in them both.

Sickening apathy/complacency.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 04:17 PM
    I'm hoping the hold-up is the seeding of WFC into 10.3.2, so when the Classic gets it, older phones do as well.
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-24-15 04:34 PM
    Wow..I thought they had already taken care of those w classics.

It's one thing to be tardy on software updates, it's another to be delinquent, say You're gonna do something by a certain time, then...just for good measure..to really twist the knife in your consumer's backs... be even later.

'funny' thing is, by the time they do what they say, they'll likely be late on the next update.

So..just a shoutout to tmobile. Really awesome work guys.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OkieBloke; 07-24-15 at 09:01 PM.
    07-24-15 05:02 PM
    Wow..I thought they had already taken care of those w classics.

It's one thing to be tardy on software updates, it's another to be delinquent, say You're gonna do something by a certain time, then...just for good measure..to really twist the knife in your consumer's backs... be even later.

'funny' thing is, by the time they do what they say, they'll likely be late on the next update.

So..just a shoutout to BlackBerry and tmobile. Really awesome work guys.

Posted via CB10
    The fault lies with t-mobile

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 08:48 PM
    Youre right. Indeed it does.

Edited post. Thanks Bourne

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:01 PM
    Youre right. Indeed it does.

Edited post. Thanks Bourne

Posted via CB10
    No problem. I hope for your and others sake that they step it up.

Posted with my  Classic
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-24-15 09:03 PM
    AGREE - I am a T-Mobile customer since 1995 and they just keep giving us the same bull**** response.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke and Jamaa like this.
    07-25-15 06:57 AM
    I've decided to attempt to convert a different T-mobile i-phone user, every day, to switch to either verizon, or ATT... every new day, until they do right by the best customers they've ever disrespected with their DELIQUENCY.

That's right, BlackBerry nation unite!!

I'm serious...We're serious.

We're few in number, but Your users will migrate elsewhere if we don't get the update in what we consider to be...

Quick.

And Your damages will multiply daily...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OkieBloke; 08-13-15 at 10:15 PM.
    07-25-15 10:20 AM
    I've decided to attempt to convert a different T-mobile i-phone user, every day, to switch to either verizon, sprint, or ATT... every new day, until they do right by the best customers they've ever disrespected with their DELIQUENCY.

That's right, BlackBerry nation unite!!

I'm serious...We're serious.

We're few in number, but Your users will migrate elsewhere if we don't get the update in what we consider to be...

Quickly.

And Your damages will multiply daily...

Posted via CB10
    Not Sprint, they've ditched us BlackBerry users on 10.2 the same as T-Mobile. Difference is we have no WFC anyway so I did it myself, nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-25-15 02:34 PM
    Not Sprint, they've ditched us BlackBerry users on 10.2 the same as T-Mobile. Difference is we have no WFC anyway so I did it myself, nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    Hey thanks for the info, CTU2fan! Edited accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:30 PM
    I am unfamiliar with T-Mobile WFC. Is it built into the OS? If it is a separate app, will your current app work under newer OS 10.3.2?
    07-25-15 03:53 PM
    I run a Q10, and yes, eywong, wifi calling is only available w software update from T-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:59 PM
    I am unfamiliar with T-Mobile WFC. Is it built into the OS? If it is a separate app, will your current app work under newer OS 10.3.2?
    It's built into the OS. However, to be able to use it on TMO, you need to meet two conditions:

1) You must have a WFC-approved phone (Z10 STL100-3, Q10 SQN100-5, and soon the Classic SQC100-4.)
    2) You must have a WFC-approved (by TMO) OS build. The last such official build is a 10.2.1.

There is an app of sorts, but it's just a toggle. It doesn't actually bestow upon the phone the WFC capability.
    eywong likes this.
    07-25-15 05:45 PM
    Social media is the place to get them. Calling customer service doesn't do anything. Let's make our voices heard just like the time they came out with that switch from BlackBerry to iPhone campaign. Time to blow up their social media accounts.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-25-15 07:34 PM
    It's built into the OS. However, to be able to use it on TMO, you need to meet two conditions:

1) You must have a WFC-approved phone (Z10 STL100-3, Q10 SQN100-5, and soon the Classic SQC100-4.)
    2) You must have a WFC-approved (by TMO) OS build. The last such official build is a 10.2.1.

There is an app of sorts, but it's just a toggle. It doesn't actually bestow upon the phone the WFC capability.
    I wonder if, once the Classic hits T-Mobile, they will roll out 10.3.2. Or if not, if it will be possible to create a hybrid OS that will get WFC working, though that may be an issue since T-Mobile only allows particular OS builds to use WFC.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:17 PM
    Here are the twitter handles to bug the crap out of them on social media:

@JohnChen For BlackBerry
    @JohnLegere For T-Mobile
    @TMobile
    @BlackBerry

Any others?

 Q10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-25-15 09:42 PM
    I wonder if, once the Classic hits T-Mobile, they will roll out 10.3.2.
    They have rolled out 10.3.2 to TMO Classics. One full update, and a recent 10MB one that nobody knows what it does. Neither of them brought WFC though.

Or if not, if it will be possible to create a hybrid OS that will get WFC working, though that may be an issue since T-Mobile only allows particular OS builds to use WFC.
    AFAIK, hybrid OSes have not been successful at bringing WFC.
    07-25-15 11:47 PM
    I wouldn't go lumping Sprint into this, BlackBerry hasn't put the radios in the phones that Sprint needs and has said starting back last year that all phones must include the radios for Sprint's network, and as for T-Mobile, John Legere talks out of 2 sides.
    07-26-15 12:40 PM
    I wouldn't go lumping Sprint into this, BlackBerry hasn't put the radios in the phones that Sprint needs and has said starting back last year that all phones must include the radios for Sprint's network, and as for T-Mobile, John Legere talks out of 2 sides.
    The OP was originally about an update (that too for the Q10.) Since Sprint hasn't put one out either, I think they're fair game. Luckily, for you guys the autoloader/Sachesi option is just as good as for everyone else.

But a discussion on where the new phones on Sprint are--yeah, I agree. Different topic. Dilutes this thread too much IMO.
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-26-15 12:45 PM
    They have rolled out 10.3.2 to TMO Classics. One full update, and a recent 10MB one that nobody knows what it does. Neither of them brought WFC though.
    The 10MB update contained a few BAR file updates, bug fixes and an update to the calendar app. I should have taken a screenshot of the update notification but didn't see anything worth caring about. Mainly I just wanted to see if the VoWiFi icon lit up. It didn't.

My daily driver remains the Q10 with 10.2.1. I prefer the older calendar UI and Q10 hardware overall.

[CB10 / Classic]
    raino likes this.
    07-26-15 12:48 PM

AFAIK, hybrid OSes have not been successful at bringing WFC.
    That's a bummer, the carriers really drop the ball when it comes to BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-26-15 02:20 PM
    Here are the twitter handles to bug the crap out of them on social media:

@JohnChen For BlackBerry
    @JohnLegere For T-Mobile
    @TMobile
    @BlackBerry

Any others?

 Q10
    Thanks, Jamaa!!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:52 PM
    Wait What? Im on tmobile and have 10.3 for a long time...

Posted on my Q10
    07-26-15 03:24 PM
40 12