Introducing the features of the BlackBerry 10 Flagship: The Passport. The Classic. And The Z30... In one device.

This device uses the design of the Passport, with capacitive keypad, the productivity suite / toolbelt of the Classic, and more...

The dimensions of the handset will be balanced to accommodate both ease of two-handed typing, wide viewing, and yet will be narrow enough to be operated one-handed. The power / wake button is positioned central to the device for ambidextrous operation. Please note that the width of the device is not depicted in this rendition and could be much thinner.

It will be fitted with one camera. This camera will serve as both the front and rear facing camera. How is this possible? Because typically we only use the rear side of a device for the rear camera. This device differs in while it will have a 4" 1:1 ratio screen, which is good for viewing reading material, it will, in addition to...

...We will use the entire back side of the device as an all-touch, 5" HD display, in the optimal 16:9 ratio for viewing media. The one camera will be the same quality as the traditional rear facing camera and will alternate its use depending on which side of the device is being used as the primary.

Another benefit to this layout is the media buttons will be positioned as they are typically on a BB10 device, but when utilizing the 16:9 screen to take an outward facing photo in landscape mode, these buttons are positioned in the same manner as the traditional camera button.

Specs are not detailed as of yet but this will be a flagship model made to cover and leave out no aspect of BB10 devices preceding it while reducing the amount of competing devices within ones own brand, and without compromise. The focus in R&D, development, marketing, manufacturing, stocking, parts, etc. and rather than exit the hardware business altogether, could be directed to one piece of hardware and the software will be optimized for it.

There's potential what it could be capable of. Perhaps LCD on the front for document viewing and OLED on the back for all touch media with true darks. The integration between Android and BB10 could be made seamless, integrated, and even run interconnected but discreetly on either side of the device. The screen on the opposing side will be off when not in use but the digitizer could be live for scrolling while keeping the showcasing side free of viewing obstruction. The pkb side "could" be a screen and keyboard fascia that could be slid out and detached from the device in favour of the installation of another full touch screen. It could slide out like a card through notches in a frame and have a slide in alternate with electrical contact points on the mating surfaces to make the connection.

BlackBerry is known for its PKB and yet somewhat compromises these devices by not offering a standard 16:9 viewing experience and pkb in one and in ways this detracts from the gesture based fluidity of the OS. Though the projected will be to achieve that, this device has no mechanical moving parts, yet offers the best of the dual experience, ready to go at a simple flip of the device. The screens will have protective bezel surrounds to prevent them from contacting a surface when the corresponding side is face down and is possible that a clip on shell case could be made to block out one side when truly not in use.

In conclusion, this is the re-imagining of the missed features of going from an all touch to a PKB or vice-versa being integrated and combined in one feature rich phone! Please leave your comments and if you want to make a render of it, just make sure to post it here .
    03-26-15 09:29 AM
    Love your passion and skill-set - kudos to you.
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-26-15 10:04 AM
    Pretty nice, it must be comes with a premium price, could you do a full touch one please?

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-26-15 10:36 AM
    Very cool concept!
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-26-15 10:57 AM
    Pretty nice, it must be comes with a premium price,
    Samsung is going to help with the parts supply so it won't be too bad
    03-26-15 11:36 AM
    Man, the concept is nice but it should be thinner, it does look heavy

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-26-15 02:16 PM
    cool concept!

the same witha detachable phkb would rock even more

(Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport) Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-26-15 04:26 PM
    Man, the concept is nice but it should be thinner, it does look heavy

Posted via CB10
    Oops, I meant to write that the thickness isn't depicted in this rendition and it could be much thinner heheh.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:28 PM
    Nice concept....

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-27-15 04:13 AM

Here's a new picture of it from the front, side, and the back. The notifications led is fiber-optically channeled to flash on both sides. There is an ear piece speaker on the all touch side now.

When typing in a text field, the side media buttons operate as the alt, shift, and sym keys and are assignable to each. As of current technology, the symbols will still appear mapped on screen above the keys but can be selected by pressing or holding a media key as well as the downward swipe or by touching them on screen. Additional numbers and symbols may also appear on the pkb.
    03-27-15 01:06 PM
    Good idea.
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-28-15 10:43 AM
    Now it's going to be made with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 (or future 5), on both front and back, like the S6 Edge.
    03-30-15 01:43 PM
    Count me in for the Kick Starter!
    Pcmx likes this.
    04-16-15 02:18 AM
    Mmmmmmm yes please

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    Pcmx likes this.
    04-16-15 03:37 AM