Just got this email today. I actually like. This service and hopefully will see it in BB10

"As we said in our last blog post �life is about the journey, not the destination.� This rings very true for the Tungle team. We have had an exciting journey since we started in 2006. It�s now time to close yet another chapter in our book and start a new one�

Tungle began in 2006 to make finding times to meet with colleagues, clients and contacts as quick and easy as possible. In April of 2011, we were acquired by Research in Motion (RIM) with the goal of bringing the Tungle vision to millions of BlackBerry customers. After our acquisition we quickly went to work and built the BlackBerry Playbook Calendar app. Now, our team is creating the native Calendar app for the next generation platform, BlackBerry 10, and together with other key RIM employees, we are driving innovation in Messaging (email), Contacts, Notes and Memos apps.

All of our new responsibilities within RIM are very exciting; however, it hasn�t left much time for innovation on the core Tungle product over the past year, as we�re sure you have noticed. To make the most of our new focus, we have sadly decided it is time to shut down the standalone Tungle service.

As of Monday, December 3rd, 2012 we will shut down the standalone Tungle service. You will continue to be able to use your Tungle.me page until then to schedule meetings and share calendars. We know our dedicated members rely on Tungle every day to manage their calendars and we don�t want to leave you out to dry, so we suggest you check out Doodle to replace Tungle in December.

We appreciate all the support you have given us over the years and hope our efforts on BlackBerry 10 will bring the same dedication and excitement.

Sincerely,

The Tungle Team
    www.tungle.me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 01:49 PM
    Where have you been man? lol

Tungle is built directly into BlackBerry 10, did you even READ the email?
    09-18-12 02:05 PM
    Got bored after the first sentence.

I meant that the stand alone service was awesome and hope that the integration in BB10 is just as good.

09-18-12 02:26 PM
    Got bored after the first sentence.

I meant that the stand alone service was awesome and hope that the integration in BB10 is just as good.

Lol.. can't say I blame ya.

And yes, it was pretty awesome.
    09-18-12 03:00 PM
    Why shut it down along with gist? If this was a stand alone asset to begin with why kill it?
    Isn't part of these acquisitions to leverage what was already there. I don't get it.
    09-18-12 05:05 PM
    what can I use instead? Not upgrading to bb 10 right away since just got bold 9900?
    09-18-12 05:52 PM
    But why keep it alive? they need to fully integrate their acquisitions and not seem like they are clients of them.
    09-18-12 06:03 PM
    what can I use instead? Not upgrading to bb 10 right away since just got bold 9900?
    It says you can use Doodle if you read the whole thing.
    09-18-12 08:55 PM
    yes I checked out doodle. It is crap & for half decent features you need to pay handsomely per month. I dont want to poll contacts for meeting. I need it to book clients. i might as well just pay for a decent non blackberry software program. I am disappointed since I wont benefit from integration into BB10. I have a new BB9900 & have no plans to upgrade at this point. Some of those programs want over 300 a yr for something I was using for free with Tungle. I can't take that kind of hit with my small biz.
    09-22-12 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD