Yes first impressions are tough get past... problem is that at this point it's the last eight years of impressions.
    Lol seriously. BlackBerry is not the average person's phone.

I'm a big proponent for BB. But after a few stints with other devices I think I'm ready to fully move on. They just don't offer what most people are looking for.

But they do offer what some people are looking for. I came for the battery life and keyboard.

I'm leaving because I can do without exerting so much force for each press, I like the effortless presses of a VKB. And processing power still leaves a bit to be desired.

I will miss the battery life and feel of the device.

The competition excels at many things a BB doesn't. Battery life alone won't keep me here.

I say all this because the average customer will either feel the same or be more harsher due to not needing a PKB.
    phuoc likes this.
    03-09-18 03:48 PM
    I never recommend Rogers
    Now that's funny!
    03-10-18 09:09 PM
    I went to best buy, at&t and sprint today. Not a single BlackBerry at any of the stores. I wanted to at least see a keyone before having to order it
    03-10-18 09:32 PM
    I went to best buy, at&t and sprint today. Not a single BlackBerry at any of the stores. I wanted to at least see a keyone before having to order it
    No AT&T store stocks the KEYone, and I would recommend checking a store's inventory ahead of time by phone or, for Best Buy, on the Web before assuming any product was in stock, other than the best sellers. That's true for phones, TVs, refrigerators, etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-11-18 07:01 AM
    Last week I noticed that the local Rogers stored had removed all the BlackBerry display phones. Just an empty space where they were sitting.

I agree, BlackBerry is not for everyone. But, we might find that more people would be interested if they were more informed about what makes BlackBerry unique. To grow the market share, marketing needs to be more aggressive. Go to any store, Apple and Samsung have huge marketing displays. If it weren't necessary, they wouldn't be doing it.
    03-11-18 08:43 AM
    No AT&T store stocks the KEYone, and I would recommend checking a store's inventory ahead of time by phone or, for Best Buy, on the Web before assuming any product was in stock, other than the best sellers. That's true for phones, TVs, refrigerators, etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10

Oh I understand that, I had to pass those places on the way home, no big deal. My point was/is I know that BlackBerry is not being sold or recommended around here because there is not a single BlackBerry available to even look at
    03-11-18 09:02 AM
    I’ve had 2 different experiences;

One store employee was quite knowledgeable. “Selling lots to teachers” and could explain the benefits.

The 2nd experience; I’m not sure the employee knew much beyond iPhone.
    03-11-18 09:54 AM
    Last week I noticed that the local Rogers stored had removed all the BlackBerry display phones. Just an empty space where they were sitting.

I agree, BlackBerry is not for everyone. But, we might find that more people would be interested if they were more informed about what makes BlackBerry unique. To grow the market share, marketing needs to be more aggressive. Go to any store, Apple and Samsung have huge marketing displays. If it weren't necessary, they wouldn't be doing it.
    BBMo/TCL doesn't have the resources to compete and market like that. At this point, other than Apple, Google and Microsoft, the idea of stores or reps inside stores pushing a brand is remote and unlikely.

The Big 3 Android OEM have the resources and even the money they spend on marketing is not considered as effective as before.

All that being said, if BBMo/TCL can't get into all four USA carriers with KEYtwo, BlackBerry licensed PKB may not continue. Making a PKB device with the BlackBerry name attached is THE marketing and
    03-11-18 12:08 PM
    let's be frank... BlackBerry and now BlackBerry/TCL never has quite mastered advertising. They need to not only sell to the general public, but also to the salesperson... They don't
    03-11-18 12:23 PM
    let's be frank... BlackBerry and now BlackBerry/TCL never has quite mastered advertising. They need to not only sell to the general public, but also to the salesperson... They don't
    The only way to sell the salesperson is paying them more to sell your device while creating a device people walk into store asking for. BBMo/TCL is not in a position to do either.
    03-11-18 10:48 PM
    The only way to sell the salesperson is paying them more to sell your device while creating a device people walk into store asking for. BBMo/TCL is not in a position to do either.
    Yep
    03-11-18 11:01 PM
    Rogers doesn't even have the motion, as far as I know.
    03-11-18 11:02 PM
    I switched networks and ported my mobile number. keyone would not work on the new network. went into the local office, told them about the problem, the first thing he said when he saw the phone, is that a blackberry? I said yes. he said that is the problem, it won't work on a blackberry. I asked him what kind of phone he had, he says samsung S7. I opened the menu, said this is blackberry android, and it worked on the previous network. then he started playing around with the phone. Nice camera he said. I never seen this phone before. I showed him the keyboard features and shortcuts etc. they eventually discover that there is a problem with apn and all sorted.
    FF22 and stlabrat like this.
    03-11-18 11:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Troy Tiscareno;13149551]Do you have any idea how many phones they'd have to sell to pay to keep a store open, much less initial costs? Even Samsung doesn't have their own stores.

---

Samsung Does Have Their Own Stores!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 11:03 PM
    You guys truly want blackberry to sell like Samsung? I prefer to stay unique! I don’t want my friend or co-worker to use blackberry! We already have too many people here in crackberry!
    phuoc likes this.
    03-12-18 05:08 AM
    [QUOTE=howsjau;13152283]
    Do you have any idea how many phones they'd have to sell to pay to keep a store open, much less initial costs? Even Samsung doesn't have their own stores.

---

Samsung Does Have Their Own Stores!

Posted via CB10
    Where?
    03-12-18 08:00 AM
    03-12-18 09:58 AM
    Where?
    There’s one in Sawgrass Mills mall.
    03-12-18 10:32 AM
    There’s one in Sawgrass Mills mall.
    I'll check that out next trip down to South Florida. We're obviously sheltered an uninformed here on the slow coast...
    03-12-18 11:05 AM
69 123