So it's now confirmed by BlackBerry on twitter that the 2 new blackberry phones coming this year will both have physical keyboards. Obviously both running Android. And I'm sure we can assume a next gen keyone (keytwo) but what will the other device be? I think it's either Going to be a slider so a new PRIV or possibly even a passport, I'd like to see a small device like a classic with android but that seems unlikely as big phones are the craze. I'd like to hear others opinions
    01-13-18 04:45 PM
    I want a Priv 2.
    I'll gladly deal with a slightly cumbersome size in return for that big beautiful screen.
    01-13-18 08:46 PM
    KEYtwo but screen size slightly smaller...for one handed use. Also spacebar used as fingerprint scanner, trackpad and pointer / cursor ;-)
    01-13-18 10:32 PM
    I want what DWonder wants. Gimme a 9900 with a screen fit for Android resolutions.
    01-14-18 04:16 AM
    I'd love to see a Priv v2 (possible) and/or a Passport v2 (unlikely). However, I feel it'd be a Motion with a Passport keyboard. <An-a, that's not a KeyOne.
    01-14-18 06:13 AM
    Hoping for a Priv 2 or another slider. KeyOne is nice but the keyboard takes up half of the screen real-estate. Sliders are the best of both worlds for those who want the option of PKB and still have a decent phone for videos and the like.

I'm still using my Priv, it's still a nice phone and I get a full day out of battery and watch full shows/movies during downtime at work. An upgrade would be most welcome though.
    01-15-18 02:29 AM
    Well a compact 5" bezelless slider would be pretty sick.

But I am a keyboard guy. So I will be waiting a better specced pkb if not keytwo it is.
    01-15-18 04:34 AM
    So it's now confirmed by BlackBerry on twitter that the 2 new blackberry phones coming this year will both have physical keyboards. Obviously both running Android. And I'm sure we can assume a next gen keyone (keytwo) but what will the other device be? I think it's either Going to be a slider so a new PRIV or possibly even a passport, I'd like to see a small device like a classic with android but that seems unlikely as big phones are the craze. I'd like to hear others opinions
    01-15-18 11:30 AM
    Hard to imagine anything else but two improved KEYᵒⁿᵉs with differing specs.

But you never know.
    01-15-18 11:51 AM
    Hard to imagine anything else but two improved KEYᵒⁿᵉs with differing specs.

But you never know.
    Assuming the BBF100 is the better model, there's too little space performance-wise between the Snapdragon 625 and 660 for two dueling midrange keyboard models. Maybe the BBE would be a lower cost (or as low as BlackBerry would let it) Snapdragon 4-something model, then.

However, if the BBF100 is the worse model and the other one has a Snapdragon 835 or something like that, then that would be weird but fun.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-15-18 11:56 AM
    ^I feel the cheaper one will be the KeyTWO.
    snapexp likes this.
    01-15-18 12:03 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Smart move on their part... market for them is pkb... I would just focus exclusively on that only....

Market if saturated with slabs....

Posted via CB10
    velkod and pizzawheel like this.
    01-15-18 12:34 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I would like to see a keyTwo with better keyboard..more spacing..wider...

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1, Avenzuno and DLW1975 like this.
    01-15-18 12:35 PM
    This also assumes that the bronze KEYone doesn't count as another device, like the black one did.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and pizzawheel like this.
    01-15-18 12:43 PM
    This also assumes that the bronze KEYone doesn't count as another device, like the black one did.
    I think the 4GB ram device was considered another device from the 3GB device.
    01-15-18 12:45 PM
    I think the 4GB ram device was considered another device from the 3GB device.
    So should the dual sim device, then?
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    01-15-18 12:49 PM
    So should the dual sim device, then?
    No, that's stupid.
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    01-15-18 12:54 PM
    Passport-like device would definitely peek my interest. Although I promised myself to at least get two years out of my KEYone
    Powdah likes this.
    01-15-18 01:41 PM
    KeyTwo quite simply needs slightly higher specs maybe camera, screen, chip however I would keep form factor like Iphone 8/X or S8 and use Classic keyboard nailing the width dimension. Height like S8. KeyTwo and KeyTwo+ for bigger form. KeyOne size in the middle. Very cool OEM covers and/or cases as well like the BB of old. I've been using BB's since the first test unit in Ottawa back in 1996-97 along with the QNX team. Now on my 14th device. Will never give up on them!
    velkod, guygardner73 and Mazokun like this.
    01-15-18 06:51 PM
    It's gonna be a colour way I think. The bronze one n maybe a white one??
    01-15-18 06:55 PM
    Smart move on their part... market for them is pkb... I would just focus exclusively on that only....

Market if saturated with slabs....

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. Gimme like 3 or 4 variations of keyboard phones and pkb lovers would love it!!
    01-15-18 07:00 PM
    Isn't the Motion doing okay though? Might make sense to keep at least one touchscreen-only model in their portfolio.
    Mazokun and Gajja like this.
    01-16-18 12:22 AM
    In my humble opinion I would go for one device a year, yet with three flavors. Touchscreen only/Priv like/keyone like. Yet the internals would be exactly the same. Much easier to develop and maintain and having the same specs would give them valuable info about what the customer is looking for.
    pizzawheel and Marcus R like this.
    01-16-18 04:23 AM
    Did he really say two pkb? It would make more sense for a K2 then the Motion equivalent in the winter quarter. Anything like Priv2 is going to be expensive and not sell very well and it makes no sense to try and engineer a 4:3 Passport.
    01-16-18 04:57 AM
    There might be more pkb phone designs in BlackBerry of old's vault. So those would need minimum engineering costs.
    Qorax and velkod like this.
    01-16-18 05:08 AM
659 123 ...