I already have the 3 files needed to run the Google Play Store, and I run many android apps, but the "Nest" app doesn't show up in the play store on my phone. If I go to the play store online I can find it, but it says I have no devices in the play store.
    I am running OS 10.3.3.1463, BB Google Cobalt 1.0.0.2400, Google 1.0.0.18 and play store 1.0.8039.1200.

Wondering if I should "unregister this device" and re-register in the BB Google ID app? Thinking that maybe then it show my device when I visit the app store online or?

Also, I favorited the nest app from the play store online, and I can at least see it in the play store app on my BB, but it says it's not compatible with my device. I'd really appreciate any help. Looking forward to getting a KeyOne, but can't afford it right now.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    01-13-18 03:46 PM
    you wont be able to fix it since its not going to find the classic as a compatible device. Just side load the APK
    01-13-18 06:40 PM
    Tried side loading 5 different APK versions of the Nest app via playbook, all failed w/500 error, I forget the exact wording of the error. Seems like I'm SOL. Thanks anyway
    01-13-18 11:20 PM
    Tried side loading 5 different APK versions of the Nest app via playbook, all failed w/500 error, I forget the exact wording of the error. Seems like I'm SOL. Thanks anyway
    Try the apks on your classic. Both runtimes are outdated but the BB10 one is far better than the PlayBook's.

Posted via CB10
    blackknife likes this.
    01-15-18 05:50 AM
    Thanks for the advise, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.
    01-15-18 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the advise, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.
    The newest version of Nest requires android 4.4 and above so it will not install/work on your Classic. There are, however many older versions that only require 4.1 and they will install. I just tried version 5.14.2.1 (Sept 2017) and it appears to run and install fine on my Passport. You can grab the apk (and several other older versions) here: https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ype=apk&s=nest
    blackknife likes this.
    01-15-18 04:00 PM
    The newest version of Nest requires android 4.4 and above so it will not install/work on your Classic. There are, however many older versions that only require 4.1 and they will install. I just tried version 5.14.2.1 (Sept 2017) and it appears to run and install fine on my Passport. You can grab the apk (and several other older versions) here: https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ype=apk&s=nest
    Thanks! I tried downloading it via the browser on the Classic, but it wouldn't open. I then downloaded it on my MacBook, and sent it to the phone via bluetooth, installed it, and it works! I get the "you need google play services" messages, but if I touch behind them they go away. Thanks again.....much appreciated!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-15-18 05:09 PM
    Can't you just patch the APK so that it'll remove the minimum Android version requirement? That ought to make it work.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-15-18 05:24 PM
    Can't you just patch the APK so that it'll remove the minimum Android version requirement? That ought to make it work.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Doubtful, but you can try.
    01-15-18 06:18 PM
    Are there any versions of google play services that will work? I've tried a few versions, but the all fail to install at the end of the install progress bar
    01-15-18 07:06 PM