Hi

I'm new to blackberry and had my Z10 for just over a week now, but still can't figure how to stop it pestering me to carry out a software update or join the blackberry hub. (neither which I want to do at this moment)

I've turned off automatic software updates, and thought I'd managed to at least isolate and mute these annoying alerts, but apparently not.

Is there any way I can turn both alerts off?

( Currently on version 10.3.2.2836 and model STL100-2 and in the UK )
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    01-10-18 11:26 AM
    Well, you'll have to keep dismissing the update notification (why won't you just update?)

But if you haven't set up your hub, how are you getting text messages and emails?
    01-10-18 11:41 AM
    I'm able to get text messages ok without registering on the hub ( on Three network in the UK) I get emails on my laptop. I just need to phone to act as a basic dumb phone (calls and texts) for the time being.
    01-10-18 11:47 AM
    Don't update over the air! I have a Q10 and there is no harm in the latest OS version - the browser is better. Update via Autoloader, and the reminders will go away. The OTA update process on BB10 is very flaky.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 02:09 PM
    Thank you for your replies. I just find it strange that blackberry are so insistent that you have to join the hub in order to able to browse internet (had various androids that didn't require any registration) The phone alerts me every bleeping hour, even during the night.
    Why are blackberry so dictatorial (and bloomin persistent) about registration, is this some sort of cross device id play?
    Anyway, after a week of ownership I've decided to give up on my Z10, it's not consumer friendly enough for me.
    01-11-18 08:14 AM
    The blackberry hub is just text messaging and the email client, and will give you other notifications.

Do you mean BBM? They ask for that, and you don't need to do it, or can set it up and just never use it.
    01-11-18 11:59 AM
    Thank you for your replies. I just find it strange that blackberry are so insistent that you have to join the hub in order to able to browse internet (had various androids that didn't require any registration) The phone alerts me every bleeping hour, even during the night.
    Why are blackberry so dictatorial (and bloomin persistent) about registration, is this some sort of cross device id play?
    Anyway, after a week of ownership I've decided to give up on my Z10, it's not consumer friendly enough for me.
    Since you've given up on your Zed, I'll be happy to take it from you.
    01-12-18 07:26 AM
    This is a recycled thread from 2013 right? It has to be. This would be like Feb/March 2013. Look, even the account is now dead, anon(ID) now.

LMAO with this one....
    01-12-18 08:23 AM
    Since you've given up on your Zed, I'll be happy to take it from you.
    This person killed their ID. Looks just like threads of five years ago. Either they're now embarrassed and canceled account or we're getting punk'd.
    01-12-18 08:24 AM
    This is a recycled thread from 2013 right? It has to be. This would be like Feb/March 2013. Look, even the account is now dead, anon(ID) now.

LMAO with this one....
    Yeah I really can't image buying an almost 5 year old devise .... and complain that the product doesn't do the things I want it to do. Little research can go a long way....

The update thing is frustration, and isn't how it always was (in the past you could disable updates and never get a reminder).... but for "security reasons" they really wanted users to update. And HUB, isn't an App.... it's what the phone was built around.
    01-12-18 10:15 AM
    Can't be from 2013 as it mentions 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-12-18 03:22 PM