Hi guys, just to clarify, is there anyone who can tell me whats the best option.

I am using native whatsapp on my Q5 and wondering what will happen if I wait untill 1st. January 2018 and whatsapp stop working! Will I have than the option to install android whatsapp with whats fixer and use the same whatsapp account on Q5 or is better not to wait and to transfer whatsapp account to android whatsapp, before 1st. January 2018?

I have no problem to install android whatsapp, but like very much our native app, and just would like to wait if whatsapp again decide to prolong for 2018 maybe. But also am not sure if they will give me the option to use that account on android apk if the native app recognise that it is the end for support?

Thanks in advance guys 😉
    12-13-17 11:39 AM
    Good point, this is an interesting question I never asked myself :P thoughts on this!?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 12:36 PM
    Hi guys, just to clarify, is there anyone who can tell me whats the best option.

I am using native whatsapp on my Q5 and wondering what will happen if I wait untill 1st. January 2018 and whatsapp stop working! Will I have than the option to install android whatsapp with whats fixer and use the same whatsapp account on Q5 or is better not to wait and to transfer whatsapp account to android whatsapp, before 1st. January 2018?

I have no problem to install android whatsapp, but like very much our native app, and just would like to wait if whatsapp again decide to prolong for 2018 maybe. But also am not sure if they will give me the option to use that account on android apk if the native app recognise that it is the end for support?

Thanks in advance guys 😉
    This is a million dollar question and the only one with the answer is watsapp.
    12-13-17 12:45 PM
    Ouch, I understand than. Very difficult to decide what to do 😫 Thanks
    12-13-17 12:58 PM
    Best to just wait and see, not long to go now!

Posted via CB10
    busybelinda, Qorax and Guccip like this.
    12-13-17 01:39 PM
    I don't know why the Android version wouldn't work, I had 2 BB10 devices recently and it worked perfectly with WhatsFixer (and SD card of course) so I'd just go for that instead of waiting for the car to fall of the cliff
    12-13-17 01:39 PM
    What was the sequence again?

Delete BB10 WA Yes/no?
    Install WA APK
    Run WA fixer

I intend to change during xmas holidays.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 02:34 AM
    What was the sequence again?

Delete BB10 WA Yes/no?
    Install WA APK
    Run WA fixer

I intend to change during xmas holidays.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it would make more sense to start the process now than just wait for the BB10 WA ship to sink before jumping over to the Android one.

This Android apk + whatsfixer + SD card solution should then keep working well until WA developers decide to stop support for Android 4.3, and at that point, from what I hear, it's definitely over for WhatsApp and BB10 devices, unfortunately.
    Unless those BB app world alternatives work, but never tried those.
    12-14-17 04:06 AM
    Ok, thanks, that sounds reasonable. 99% I will also transfer account to android apk before New Year. 😉
    12-14-17 05:36 AM
    Just finished transfering account to android apk, with whats fixer. Uninstalled previously native app.

Everything works ok, but on my Q5 whatsapp android is so slow, that I deleted completely whatsapp from blackberry and installed on my android tablet and that's how I will use whatsapp from now.

On blackberry Q5 I have now viber, telegram, facebook meseenger lite, skype, instagram installed and that's how I will chat will folks from the phone. Enough at all 😄

Who send me whatsapp message will have to wait untill I back home at the evening, to answer using tablet.

Who cares. It's not whatsapp the one and only chat app existing in the world 😃
    12-16-17 10:57 AM