I'm hoping this becomes reality!
    It's all about profitability at the end of the day. TCL wants to make devices that appeal to as many current Blackberry users and non Blackberry users (more importantly)

While there are certainly a quite a few people on the forums here who would purchase (including myself). I don't know if TCL would make a profit on it.

Maybe we could do a poll on the CB main page to get a rough estimation on just how many would actually buy. I love the form factor and always use the physical keyboard. Even if we got a PRIV 2 with a 1080p display, SD 660, 4GB RAM and 32GB storage and of course a beefy 4,000mAh battery I would be happy. 😃
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-05-17 04:09 AM
    I would be all over another slider phone. I love my Priv
    glwerry and nah.uhh like this.
    12-05-17 06:12 AM
    Yes, yes, yes! I want to have both the VKB and hidden PKB. Best of both worlds.
    You have both VKB and PKB on the K1 the Priv was ok the PKB was way to small to even try and use unless you had rat fingers
    12-05-17 08:54 AM
    I like slider phones, but I prefer the landscape sliders, simply because the keyboards are larger. Would I buy a new slider in 2018? NO. It would be too expensive, probably too bulky, and it would be tailored for social media consumption, as with virtually all smartphones nowadays.

HOWEVER, I would be willing to get an older slide phone. They are still available, many in good shape, for 3G or 4G, GSM or CDMA. They won't have an updated OS, but for use a feature phone (calls, texts, emails), these older phones are still VERY good. With long battery life, removable battery, small size, too! I don't mind double-carrying, so I could use one of these old sliders, plus maybe an ipod touch or small android phone for any browsing needs through hotspot. The cost would still be less than 10% of the top-end phones today and would accomplish all the tasks that I want, personally. Plus, those older slide phones were MUCH tougher than today's fragile glass slabs. You could probably run a car over one, and the phone would still work...
    12-05-17 02:14 PM
    I would be interested once my contract is up.

My first BB smartphone was a Torch 9810 slider and I LOVE the form factor.
    Loved the torch.
    G_Unit MVP and LyoobaBerry like this.
    12-05-17 02:39 PM
    I am also dealing with the screen flickering and green tint when out in the cold. This just started happening with my now 2 year plus old Priv. What's interesting is it had never done this previously when out in the cold... it just started happening recently. I'm curious if this issue is age related or what... the flickering and green tint on the screen occurs when I'm out jogging in temperatures around 32F and below... once inside it clears up very quickly.

Bob
    Exactly the same history of "illness" - same age, same symptoms

PRIV is telling us something... Luckily I already type this from KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE which is awesome in every aspect bar slightly lagging keyboard swipe sensitivity
    12-05-17 02:43 PM
    Loved the torch.
    Me too. And that physical keyboard was much better than the one on the Priv. I remember back then using 70-30% pkb vs vkb. Now on the Priv is the other way around for me.
    12-05-17 02:44 PM
    I am also dealing with the screen flickering and green tint when out in the cold. This just started happening with my now 2 year plus old Priv. What's interesting is it had never done this previously when out in the cold... it just started happening recently. I'm curious if this issue is age related or what... the flickering and green tint on the screen occurs when I'm out jogging in temperatures around 32F and below... once inside it clears up very quickly.

Bob
    Hmmmm ... 32F "cold"??? Come to Canada, eh! We can do better than that.

Granted, I don't try to use my phone outside my coat once we hit freezing.
    12-05-17 02:57 PM
    Me too. And that physical keyboard was much better than the one on the Priv. I remember back then using 70-30% pkb vs vkb. Now on the Priv is the other way around for me.
    Yes. However, the virtual keyboard on torch devices was not very good. I often switched between my 9800 and bold 9780 at the time. BlackBerry perfected the vkb with bb10 on the z10. I find it's actually slightly worse on their android devices when it comes to auto correction.
    12-05-17 03:00 PM
    Yes. However, the virtual keyboard on torch devices was not very good.
    Yes, but coming from an Omnia with windows mobile 6.5, i found it amazing!! 😁
    12-05-17 03:22 PM
    Hmmmm ... 32F "cold"??? Come to Canada, eh! We can do better than that.

Granted, I don't try to use my phone outside my coat once we hit freezing.
    It's been -15c+ here for the last month lol. Snow and ice since October 28th. He should visit us up north!
    glwerry likes this.
    12-05-17 09:09 PM
    I don’t if I’m interested...well...i’d probably buy it (I buy them all). I’m not going to rule it out. There is something coming between the Motion and the KEYtwo , this is a possibility.
    12-05-17 11:31 PM
    my wife will not be parted from her 9800
    12-06-17 01:24 AM
    Loved the torch.
    I had the Torch 9800 ... a so so good device and pkb.

Interested for a slider like this ... why not
    PRIV is really good device ... sometimes the pkb touch (first line) is more difficult to get
    12-06-17 12:23 PM
    It's been -15c+ here for the last month lol. Snow and ice since October 28th. He should visit us up north!
    12F/-11C this morning here in the Mile High City when I went out for my jog at 0 dark 30.

Yes, my Priv screen was flickering and developed the greenish tint...

Keep the cold temperatures up North please... 😁

Bob
    12-07-17 09:59 AM
    12F/-11C this morning here in the Mile High City when I went out for my jog at 0 dark 30.

Yes, my Priv screen was flickering and developed the greenish tint...

Keep the cold temperatures up North please...

Bob
    Really??? Ever heard of a treadmill? Running in place? An indoor track? You lose all credibility @ that o'clock and temps....
    12-07-17 10:05 AM
    Really??? Ever heard of a treadmill? Running in place? An indoor track? You lose all credibility @ that o'clock and temps....
    It's not too bad once you make the commitment and get going. Besides, it builds character...

Bob
    gebco likes this.
    12-07-17 10:57 AM
    All this talk about sliders has encouraged me to go ahead and get a classic slider phone from the past - the HTC Fuze, aka Touch Pro. It will be coming in about a week. I'm excited! I treat my smartphones like feature phones anyway, so stepping into the past will not hinder me at all.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-07-17 11:29 AM
    Yes, yes, yes! I want to have both the VKB and hidden PKB. Best of both worlds.
    Me, too !
    12-07-17 12:15 PM
    Loved the Torch as well and was my all time favorite until Passport. If BBMo comes out with a high end slider, I'll go for it.

Note on cold. Z10 was the only phone I had lockup on me. Think it was 10F (Alaska). Haven't had the K1 outside in that temp for any duration yet.
    12-24-17 12:27 PM
    One thing about us Coloradan's, the cold and snow doesn't stop us. It just means we dress a little warmer.
    12-24-17 02:58 PM
    Slider is the reason why went through all the trouble to upgrade the RAM on my Priv. I want to keep it usable for another 2 years at least because I know there aren't any others like it in the near future.

...come to think about it, Motion would have been a great name for the Priv.
    Qorax and nah.uhh like this.
    12-25-17 09:44 PM
    Or eMotion
    12-25-17 10:46 PM
    Slider is the reason why went through all the trouble to upgrade the RAM on my Priv. I want to keep it usable for another 2 years at least because I know there aren't any others like it in the near future.

Might also wanna consider getting a cheap "for parts" Priv to keep your main one going
    12-26-17 12:47 AM
    I would like one that slides out of the side instead of from the bottom. I find I type better holding it landscape and generally use the vkb for portrait.
    That format died out five years ago.
    12-26-17 01:18 AM
94 1234