This is a peculiar problem.

Now I have done research into the issue and the reason why mine is odd is that my phone remains connected to my mobile network, however, on service status it reads that the 'blackberry internet service connection: no'

The issue started when I was out and my phone started data roaming (from t-mobile to Orange) since then the BIS keeps disconnecting and I have to keep manually going to HRT to register my BB. Sometimes registration will take a matter of seconds or other times around 10-15 minutes.

I could understand my loss of BIS if my mobile internet cut out, however, they both remain.

When BIS first disconnects it reads as though it is still connected until I run a diagnostic then it says it has disconnected.

BIS is a part of my service plan on T-Mobile UK and I have a feeling it may be a carrier issue (the issue started after the Orange data roaming incident) and I don't know if the two are related.

I am at a loss at what to do and I am likely going to have ring T-Mobile up but if I can't recreate the problem whilst on tech support I know they will send me on my way.

It's hugely irritating, in the last 4 hours I've had to manually re-register 5 times, something is wrong, does anyone have any ideas?

Further information can be provided upon request
    02-02-11 07:22 AM
    Just rang technical support, they said they would check my connection out and get back to me in 3 days so it's a waiting game now
    02-02-11 07:41 AM
    Still no luck, any ideas anyone?
    02-03-11 04:11 AM
    Does anyone think this is the phone or t-mobile?
    02-04-11 01:32 AM
    Sorry mate I don't have any ideas but I do have the same problem.In fact my phone has always been susceptible at dropping the BIS. What happens for me is I lose the small blackberry icon but the 3G symbol stays. It means that my phone accessing any internet based application doesn't work. If I go into service status the network is connected but not to BIS. I can rectify this be disconnecting and reconnecting but it soon drops again.

Also I notice that I cannot get to BB app world. It says it cannot reach the network. My wifes BB does this as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 01:41 AM
    Sorry mate I don't have any ideas but I do have the same problem.In fact my phone has always been susceptible at dropping the BIS. What happens for me is I lose the small blackberry icon but the 3G symbol stays. It means that my phone accessing any internet based application doesn't work. If I go into service status the network is connected but not to BIS. I can rectify this be disconnecting and reconnecting but it soon drops again.

Also I notice that I cannot get to BB app world. It says it cannot reach the network. My wifes BB does this as well.

What network are you on? How long has the problem been occurring for you?

I also find I have to disconnect from the service, it didn't use to be like this but I don't know if it is the network or the phone itself?
    Last edited by blackbox2342; 02-04-11 at 09:21 AM. Reason: More Detail
    02-04-11 09:20 AM
    I am on Vodafone. For me it has been like it for a few months but getting more frequent. Maybe they are throttling our connection. Do you use it a lot?

I am using the bold 9700 not the curve like you

02-04-11 01:42 PM
    Maybe so but it seems odd that my mobile internet connection remains and that it is only my BIS service that fails me?
    02-05-11 05:33 PM
    Problem is still persisting, does anyone if it is more likely to be a phone or a network issue?
    02-08-11 02:38 AM
    I'm also having trouble with BIS, not able to send bbm or go online is there anyone that have found the solution to this? i have switch to 2G that still dont help, what more is there to do, im ruining os 6 hybrid v2 on a 9700. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLZ MY PIN IS 229325F7.
    03-28-11 03:28 PM
    hey, i have the same problem on o2, my wifi and network are fully connected but that lil blackberry icon disappears, ive contacted o2 about it and they said they will look into it and get back to me. my sisters and wife all have the 9700 and 9780and 9800, btw them and they have never experienced this problem, even my wife who is on O2 dosnt have this problem, and my sister has the 9800 like mine on vodafone and shes never experienced this problem. my problem only started yesterday 5/6/11, but since then i have had bbm and other features working only a few times.

i think its the new software update thats caused this problem, as i dont think they have downloaded it!
    06-06-11 06:11 PM
    Mine has been playing up since last night - The BIS seems to be going via the Mobile Network (according to Service Status) even though I am at home with WiFi enabled. However, turning off the Mobile/Radio and I the UMA kicks in so I get WiFi internet. The BIS icon is at the top of the screen next to the "3G" symbol and not next to the Wifi meter which shouldn't be the case. When it goes UMA the BIS icon disappears.

My main concern is working out how I'm connected and whether I'm eating into my data plan which is something I don't want to do when at home and connected to the WiFi. The WiFi diagnostics show a red-cross on the BIS part which seems odd.
    06-07-11 05:23 AM
    I phoned Orange regarding my BIS going off just now, before coming on here, and they said they are upgrading the BIS system??? (sounds like a fob off?) and it should be rectified within 24 hours.

I have had real issues with facebook today and I wonder if this is why?
    06-07-11 03:27 PM
    I spoke with Orage CS at 10am today and wasn't told that! They said everything is fine and resent my service books and I did a battery pull. Same icon issues but my IP is showing as my home internet IP so despite the BIS saying Mobile, I am in fact going via my wifi. Took the opportunity to go up to the latest OS6 leak

06-07-11 04:12 PM
    any solutions?
    07-02-11 06:08 PM
    I am in a strong 3g tmobile signal area. (so is not the signal), on 3G the (4DOTS) appear and bis is working for a few seconds, then its DEAD. Reboot fixed it. However BIS 4dots are not stable and the connection is useless.

If im using 2G EDGE all is fine and device works as should but very slow of course as 2G. its 9780 running 6.0.0.600. This is far to flakey.

tmobile-bis rock stable on 2G, connected and stalls or drops back to 3G nodots.

others?
    08-26-11 02:53 AM
    The problem is with the APN settings under Advanced->TCP/IP
    Usually just resetting it works but sometimes your data provider changes the username/password.
    if you only want emails and plain internet just disable the APN.

Also don't choose 2G&3G in network mode. Just 3G
    11-29-12 04:49 AM
    hi
    new to this and unable to find apn settings on curve 9320
    can anyone point me in right direction pse
    07-19-13 05:40 AM
    I'm going to bump this as I'm having a similar (but different) problem.

Phone: CDMA Blackberry Curve 9330
    Carrier: Verizon (US)

When I initially power up the phone, it shows 1x. BIS is not connected, and I have no internet. Eventually, it flips over to 1X. BIS shows as connected through the mobile network and I have internet. Push mail and all the internet dependent apps work just fine. Eventually, at some point ranging from a couple of minutes to 10-15 minutes the phone's signal icon switches over to 3G. At this point, I lose BIS connectivity and all internet and it won't come back unless I reboot the phone. As far as the four little "dots" indicating BIS is enabled, they never show up unless I've connected to my wifi.

I have strong (4-5 bars) signal regardless of what is going on.

Been through a few rounds of tech support with Verizon with this including deleting all the service books and having them retransmitted, several battery pulls, and there's really no solution in sight.

I can send and receive phone calls as well as text messages.

I figured I'd give you the contents of my CDMA Service Edit Screen and see if that helped.

Mobile Directory Number: (areacode)myphonenumber
    IMSI_S: 870_______ (not my phone number)
    pESN (Dec):
    pESN (Hex):
    Mobile Country Code: 310
    Mobile Network Code: 00
    Home SID 4182
    Home NID: 65535

MO Voice SO Home. MO Voice SO Roam, MT Voice SO Home are all 3

Blackberry Registration ID: 2004

Home System Registration: true
    Foreign SID Registration: true
    Foreign NID Registration: true

A-key: blank

SIP User ID: [email protected]
    SIP Password:

MIP UserID: [email protected]

Reverse Tunneling Support: false

Home Address: 0.0.0.0
    Primary HA Address: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary HA Address: 0.0.0.0
    User Profile Index: 0
    12-15-13 03:25 PM
    I have wiped my bold5 how can I return to my bb account?
    My sim is unknown?
    Data usage is exceeded?
    Some website refuse to enter do administrator reject?
    Internet service provider disable?
    Lastly network no strong that not show logo bb?
    11-29-17 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD