The usual means to get these adhesives to release is to apply heat -- CAREFULLY! Note that 140F rating on the battery? You use a heat gun set to LESS THAN that. Yes, there are real temperature controlled heat guns (I have one), and they'll soften it enough that you can get it out. It requires a bit of care but isn't bad.

Once it's out cleaning the residue and replacing it is not hard.

Here's a video on disassembly of the 4S -- basically the same procedure. Note that there's a way to get the battery out without needing heat -- those strips are designed to release the battery. You do appear to need to remove the motherboard.

Short version: This phone is materially more-easily repairable than most. While the battery is harder to replace than in the Priv, it's not THAT much harder.
    11-27-17 09:52 PM
    I'll tell you this:

When you take apart a dtek60, the first thing you see is an Alcatel battery. The phone is IDENTICAL to a TCL 950, screen and backplate aside. The motherboard is the exact same part number.

You can call it whatever you want, but when the phone is full of Alcatel parts, it's an Alcatel.

I once loved this brand, too. It's not the same company anymore. It's not that they just aren't given a fair shake by the public, it's that their products aren't desirable anymore. Look at companies like oneplus, their devices are far better than anything BlackBerry could offer at this time.

The last good BlackBerry was the priv.
    I agree.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    11-28-17 01:23 PM
    I agree.
    I disagree. I just got to handle a KEYone and the hardware appears to be much better quality than my DTEK 50 or 60...
    11-29-17 07:09 AM
    After 2 months of mails, phone calls and 2 "visits" to the Texas repair center my DTEK60 is finally usefull.
    Never new if they replaced the battery in the first repair since the phone wouldn't charge.
    Now it seems to be in a more normal state, first day battery worked from 7:15 AM to 8:00 PM with a heavy configuration use.
    At least I canceled the new non blackberry phone survey...
    01-19-18 08:14 AM
    After 2 months of mails, phone calls and 2 "visits" to the Texas repair center my DTEK60 is finally usefull.
    Never new if they replaced the battery in the first repair since the phone wouldn't charge.
    Now it seems to be in a more normal state, first day battery worked from 7:15 AM to 8:00 PM with a heavy configuration use.
    At least I canceled the new non blackberry phone survey...
    Glad you see some improvement. Canadians are having a tougher time. I have already sent mine back to the "authorized Alcatel Repair Centre" in my country (SBE Canada) twice. There was no improvement in performance, even after the battery had been replaced. Local independent repair shops have refused to repair the DTEK60, indicating that it is not the battery that is the problem, but rather the motherboard. I have initiated legal action. Presently in negotiation with the dealer for a refund or replacement.
    01-19-18 07:38 PM
55 123