All of the links from theiexplorers.com/OTA are now dead. If anyone knows of alternates, let me know. I have found and replaced the one for the Facebook app.

Edit: they're back up!
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-12-18 at 04:52 PM.
    11-03-17 08:49 PM
    Perhaps 'we' should set up our own 9900-users shared server, if people have downloaded app resources they could be put on a repository (DropBox or similar). That way we might preserve some of the apps that are getting increasingly difficult to obtain. Of course, we'd need somebody to act as the 'we' and manage the resource.
    Having said that, personally, I don't have many archived installation files and probably wouldn't contribute very much.
    Is there a smart way of pulling apps off a handset to permit third-party installations? Perhaps not, it wouldn't really be in the interests of developers to permit easy transfer.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-07-17 04:23 AM
    Perhaps 'we' should set up our own 9900-users shared server, if people have downloaded app resources they could be put on a repository (DropBox or similar). That way we might preserve some of the apps that are getting increasingly difficult to obtain. Of course, we'd need somebody to act as the 'we' and manage the resource.
    Having said that, personally, I don't have many archived installation files and probably wouldn't contribute very much.
    Is there a smart way of pulling apps off a handset to permit third-party installations? Perhaps not, it wouldn't really be in the interests of developers to permit easy transfer.
    Hmm great minds think alike! I'm not sure about the server. The people at webOS Nation used a public dropbox folder for a while, before someone donated server space in Europe.

As for getting the apps off the device and preparing them for OTA installation, you can backup all of your third-party apps with BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). That leaves you with a folder full of .cod files (the actual apps) and one .jad file (the installation file), intended to reinstall all of the apps at once. I think the developers of BBSAK did this to prevent piracy.

However, you can then take any of the .cod files, and use the "Create-a-Jad" feature of BBHTool (BBHTool) to create a .jad which will install just those .cod files. So, if you want to create a .jad for an app called 'foo', grab all of the .cods for that app and put them in a folder (let's call it 'foo'). Then run BBHTool and use Create-a-Jad, adding those .cods in the Create-a-Jad dialogue box, and editing the fields as necessary. Make the output folder your 'foo' folder, and it will create a .jad file there.

The .jad file and the .cod file(s) must be kept in the same folder for the .jad to work.

In any case, from that point you can put the folder on a server, or put it on your device, click the .jad and the app will install.
    mushroom_daddy and idssteve like this.
    11-07-17 09:07 AM
    That's a helpful set of instructions, thanks. I'm only occasionally using my 9900 nowadays, but I'll try to give this a go over the weekend or when next firing her up.
    11-07-17 09:22 AM
    Due to fact Spotify is no longer available in BBW, new link to download - official link via BB Browser
    http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad
    11-28-17 04:26 PM
    Due to fact Spotify is no longer available in BBW, new link to download - official link via BB Browser
    http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad
    Thanks Michniks! I'll update the list when I'm on my laptop next.
    11-28-17 10:58 PM
    All of the links from theiexplorers.com/OTA are now dead. If anyone knows of alternates, let me know. I have found and replaced the one for the Facebook app.
    Does anyone know why that site was taken down? It was a good site, did they forget to pay for their domain?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 04:16 PM
    Does anyone know why that site was taken down? It was a good site, did they forget to pay for their domain?

Posted via CB10
    No idea, but @lyricidal is still posting to his blog. Maybe he's still around here.
    12-31-17 04:51 PM
    No idea, but @lyricidal is still posting to his blog. Maybe he's still around here.
    Long story short, got request from BlackBerry to take down cause of old version of BBM that was on there (I think)

Moved it to

http://theiexplorers.com/OTA.old/index.html
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-31-17 09:03 PM
    Long story short, got request from BlackBerry to take down cause of old version of BBM that was on there (I think)

Moved it to

http://theiexplorers.com/OTA.old/index.html
    I see that none of the links there work. It's too bad that the Internet Archive didn't get a chance to harvest the old page.

Weird that BlackBerry cared about the apps being posted....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    12-31-17 10:03 PM
    Earlier someone helped me to download ucweb 7.8 version. But I can't find that post.

Please help me to share download link for ucweb 7.8
    01-06-18 09:03 AM
    Earlier someone helped me to download ucweb 7.8 version. But I can't find that post.

Please help me to share download link for ucweb 7.8
    I found that post, but the link's dead: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12694386
    01-06-18 10:15 PM
    oh my bad

thanks for trying to help me

I found that post, but the link's dead: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12694386

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-07-18 03:40 AM
    is there any working version of fb messenger??

01-07-18 03:43 AM
    is there any working version of fb messenger??

If I recall correctly, Facebook itself works, but Facebook Messenger does not. Someone could correct me on that though. I don't use either. @RaybanRJ would know.
    01-07-18 05:50 PM
    If I recall correctly, Facebook itself works, but Facebook Messenger does not. Someone could correct me on that though. I don't use either. @RaybanRJ would know.
    In 2016 facebook banned all third party and blackberry access to their Messenger servers, it's impossible to get it working with the official Facebook Messenger or within the Facebook app, you can go Online and still receive messages but if you reply the person wont get the messages, if you need you can go online in the app for the instant notifications and reply in the mobile webpage version of Facebook. None of the apps that used to be able to access facebook messenger work like IM+ , you just get an error message.

01-21-18 09:23 AM
    BB world isn't working for me... says "The Data Service is Not Operational", no BIS and no SIM right now. Do I need Mobile Data for BB World? What's the best email app for BlackBerry 7 devices now?
    01-22-18 09:28 PM
    BB world isn't working for me... says "The Data Service is Not Operational", no BIS and no SIM right now. Do I need Mobile Data for BB World? What's the best email app for BlackBerry 7 devices now?
    Based on my own experience, BB World should work without a SIM, as long as WiFi is enabled. But I don't know that the servers respond in the same way in every part of the world.

As for the best email app, aside from the native app, I like LogicMail best. See this post for more information: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13062722
    01-23-18 08:57 AM
    Based on my own experience, BB World should work without a SIM, as long as WiFi is enabled. But I don't know that the servers respond in the same way in every part of the world.

As for the best email app, aside from the native app, I like LogicMail best. See this post for more information: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13062722
    Thanks! LogicMail is working great with my address forwarding to my old Hotmail account!
    01-23-18 12:40 PM
    UPDATE -
    * TrainTimes - UK Train Times (BBW) (UK)

This app is longer working, at least for me. It produces an error message when initiating a search, so please strike it from the working list.
    02-10-18 03:38 AM
    The Dabr browser based client for Twitter might be worth adding you new page. It's another way to 'skin the cat'

/blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682-post13113040/
    02-10-18 03:42 AM
    The Dabr browser based client for Twitter might be worth adding you new page. It's another way to 'skin the cat'

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=13113040
    Oh sorry. I meant to do that. I'll add the Train Times app to the dead list too.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-10-18 11:02 PM

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=13113040
    Dabr is added. Train Times is on the growing list of dead apps.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-12-18 04:29 PM
    These are the best apps that I have installed in my BB Curve 9360 and in my BB Bold 9900 on 2018 February. It is a 100% functional telephone. I have practically tested all the apps that exist, in the indicated categories, and I have saved the following extract.

I include java apps are ok.
    JAR = Java app = no BBW = It is not in Blackberry World
    Others "no BBW" are specifically indicated
    TS = Touch Screen is required

PART 1

FILE & CONECTION
    -----------------------------
    File-Manager-Pro
    FileScout Lite (take Wi-Fi files)
    Rock File Manager
    FileXplorer
    Kisses-the-spyware-detector
    Ad Blocker (apps publicity)
    OldSearch
    JadAnywhere (create JAD file)
    OTA Downloader
    PortaServer (video & cam in computer)
    Whats Running in My Phone
    AutoAnswer
    ChargerAlarm3.0 (alarm if quit charger)
    Anti Theft
    Leave It On by Oswald Designs (screen on)
    Leave It On by Shaosoft (screen on)
    KeepLightOn (screen on with plug)
    Task Killer for BBM (close BBM)
    QuickPull
    Last edited by Cixert; 02-13-18 at 03:08 PM.
    02-12-18 06:29 PM
    I'm putting apps little by little "Forum crackberry" will not let me publish. I get a message saying it's spam
    "This post has been automatically been marked as spam. Please revise your post to either remove links and/or references to money."
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ACCESORIES
    ------------------------------------------------------
    FincoWordPad
    Tra.duc.tor. (translator)
    Translator for you (translator)
    DictionaryForMIDs.jar (translator offline)
    Mobile Translator In.jar (translator offline)
    Smartsoft Currency Convert (money)
    XE-Currency (money)
    BlackPepper Simple Currency Converter (unit converter)
    Unit Converter Pro (unit converter)
    Vimukti Common-Converters (unit converter)
    C-Calc Pro (cientific calculator)
    Ruler000.jar (meter ruler)
    MobileRadar (metals market)
    OBD-II+Trouble+Code+Lookup (cars error code)
    FlashLet - Bright Blinking Flashlight by Pomo (JAR)
    Light - Phone Light Pro by Inlogic Software (JAR)
    SuperFlashlight+Tritium Compass+Speedometer (flash+compass+spedoometer)
    mtoolboox (JAR) (multi-tool)
    flashlight.jar
    NavLightFlashlight-Compass
    HuiZoneSenter (direct flashlight)
    WS_Stopwatch Free

EDIT
    (WAS MISSING)
    Contacts-Exporter-v111
    Data-Backup-v0113 (S4BB) (contacts, tasks, events, emails, categories and calls)
    Backon (on-line contacts)
    Contacts a CSV
    My BB Information or Device Info for Blackberry
    SystemInfo Free (JAR)
    MemoryBooster S4BB
    MemBoo 3.0.3
    Memory Mojo
    Meters MemoryMonster
    MemoryUp
    MemoryRecycler
    CPU Speed Test (JAR)
    Last edited by Cixert; 02-15-18 at 07:13 PM.
    02-12-18 06:30 PM
327 ... 89101112 ...