Nice!

Why do WE always "look into it first" like @conite fixing the runtime, etc, etc. Even when they were alive or supposed to be. LOL. What gives.. yet, still love blackberry and will one day in the distant future go to blackdroid. The motion is looking purdyyyy..

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    Just pick the KEYone or Motion already........ BTW skip the PRIV and DTEK
    moonflyer likes this.
    11-24-17 02:41 PM
    I'm leaning motion as secondary to Passport until they release the key2 a.k.a. Blackberry Conite with a 4:3 ratio screen (squarest aloud) in 4.7 inches with stereo speakers, huge battery and even better keyboard with a super amoled display! Don't forget to make the home, recent and back buttons real "clicky" buttons and place them under the keyboard versus above like a toolbelt Ina way versus just the home button being a real button, why not?... Heck, I wouldn't mind a fourth button second from right for easy drop down shade doubling as whatever we want when Held down over four seconds or so, auto clear notifications?.. #MustWorkWide

BTW: the highest mid range at the time will do along with the camera on the keyone/pixel if they have leftovers to cut cost in some areas. Wide angle selfie CAM on front be super! Of, can our red, white, green, yellow, etc blinker be a thin line across top or side, even bottom like knight Rider which sways back and fourth or is that asking to much?

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    SoundChaser007 likes this.
    11-26-17 07:17 PM
    Any BB10 device already suffered from krack? Didn't catch any report on it yet. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened of course.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 05:13 PM
    Any BB10 device already suffered from krack? Didn't catch any report on it yet. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened of course.

Posted via CB10
    You'd probably never know if your data was being intercepted.
    12-14-17 08:13 PM
    You'd probably never know if your data was being intercepted.
    This^

The danger of a vulnerability like KRACK is not that some anonymous hacker will drive by, impersonate your router, and grab your payment card data.

But it's a critical vulnerability for organizations that are targeted by adversaries with time, money, expertise, and motivation to compromise the confidentiality, integrity or availability of their information.

Those adversaries could be nation state actors, competitive corporations, organized crime, or other highly motivated groups such as terrorists or hacktivists.

The most likely scenario is that KRACK would be one component of a major campaign, known as an "Advanced Persistent Threat" (APT). In an APT, a long-term, sophisticated effort is made to penetrate multiple layers of defenses without being detected to wait for the right opportunity to compromise the target. APTs can last for days, weeks, months or years, and often, the first sign of compromise doesn't occur until after the attack has been terminated, when it's too late.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-15-17 09:20 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-17 03:39 PM
    Yeah, the former is EOL and the latter is way worse than Passport in use if you got used to backing up via BB Link...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    12-22-17 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    There was an official comment from BBry that OS10(QNX-based) is not affected.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    12-22-17 03:55 PM

Z30 >> DTEK60
    I don't think that is correct can you point us to that comment?
    12-22-17 03:56 PM

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Source?
    12-22-17 03:57 PM

Z30 >> DTEK60
    [citation needed]

Their KB article still doesn't mention BB10: https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...language=en_US
    12-22-17 03:58 PM
    One of security bulletins at the BBry site at that time. I was checking up stuff on my DTEK60(that was yet working) and spotted that statement.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    12-22-17 04:01 PM
    Well, lol, the only security note left on the BBry site seems to have lost OS10 part. BBry recently killed the basis for my claim. I am sorry.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    12-22-17 04:11 PM
    Well, lol, the only security note left on the BBry site seems to have lost OS10 part. BBry recently killed the basis for my claim. I am sorry.
    I think you’re miss-remembering. There was never a statement about BB10.
    Last edited by Elephant_Canyon; 12-22-17 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-22-17 05:16 PM

Z30 >> DTEK60
    You might be thinking of BlueBorne which was a few weeks before KRACK.

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000045807
    brookie229 and moonflyer like this.
    12-22-17 05:18 PM

Yep---I was trying to remember that!
    12-22-17 05:29 PM

Yep... This might be exactly the case...
    12-23-17 02:25 PM
    Asked BlackBerryHelp again on an further news regarding the KRACK vulnerability.
    I got copy/paste an identical answer as the one I was sent on 2 November. Only, now it was 18 December !
    ----
    BlackBerry® is aware that on October 16, 2017, details were reported about an industry-wide vulnerability in the WPA and WPA2 protocols, as used in Wi-Fi®, which has been identified as "KRACK" and comprises 10 separate CVEs. BlackBerry is diligently working to investigate the impact of the vulnerability on BlackBerry and BlackBerry QNX products, resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and communicate the findings and resolution to our customers. ^VC
    ----

When I noted to them that this is the same answer ever since the KRACK vulnerability was discovered, I get the following reply:

---

Please visit this link: Inside BlackBerry | The Official BlackBerry Blog for updates. ^VC
    ---

When I then note the fact that the vulnerability was discovered about 3 months ago and this is a serious security issue, complete radio silence followed...

That much for BlackBerry servicing critical BB10 security issues. Disappointing.
    12-25-17 04:54 PM
    Apparently KRACK is fixed in the latest update. So, I guess we can say that the OS is not EOL, and neither is this forum discussion

Posted via CB10
    04-05-18 06:49 PM
    As the OP for this thread, I was going to update it. When I originally posted, we hadn't heard anything about any plans for BB10 in months and some were beginning to consider the OS to be secretly end-of-life (EOL).

Now we have had two significant developments: 1) an official communication that BB10 will continue to be officially supported until December 31, 2019, after which time it will be designated as EOL; and 2) an apparent fix for the KRACK vulnerability.

So we now know the answer to my original question. BB10 is not EOL yet. If course, it's also not exactly a hotbed of activity either. BlackBerry does use an "extended support" status the way some companies do to designate products with no future development planned that may or may not be patched only in an emergency, but it would appear that that is an accurate characterization of BB10's current status.

04-05-18 07:10 PM
    That's OK for me, I appreciate having a five year old relatively secure device.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-18 07:12 PM
    That's OK for me, I appreciate having a five year old relatively secure device.

Posted via CB10
    For me, it's the superior privacy of not having basic apps trying to follow my movements and activities. I'm pretty good at locking down Android, but it requires constant work.

For example, I keep location services turned off for all apps, and only enable that permission as needed. If I do need it, say to find a nearby store, I enable it for that particular app (usually Firefox or Google Maps), which are nice enough to prompt me from within the app. But, after using it, I have to go into settings for the app (or DTEK, which is easier) to turn the permission off again. The same issue exists for many other permissions.

In a perfect world, we could trust our apps to only transmit data that is essential to the tasks we wish to perform. But too many apps, and Google itself, are built on a business model where our private data is their product, and they are incented to collect as much as they can get away with.

On BB10, I'm much closer to the ideal. I don't have to deal with nearly as many third party apps to perform my essential mobile tasks, and the apps I do use are not provided by the companies who have based their business model on providing "free" services in return for collecting user information.

The more time I get with BB10, the better.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 04-06-18 at 09:40 AM.
    anon(10321802), Jake2826 and dmlis like this.
    04-06-18 08:34 AM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    10.3.3.3216 had some bugs.
    Parentcontroll malfuction erorr
    Arrange quick setting erorr

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 06:42 AM
423 ... 151617