As an old IT professional who has had to change operating systems NUMEROUS times over years, YOU CAN SURVIVE THIS.
    Sure, BB10 is more "elegant", exciting, whatever the adjective that floats your boat.
    I really enjoyed my Classic.

I really enjoy my PRIV. There was a period of frustration and there are certain aggravations, BUT I AM SURVIVING, perhaps even FLOURISHING now.

Come to the dark side ....

Plus which, the emulator just is NOT going to fly - there is NO MONEY TO BE MADE and the cost to develop one is huge.
    I know I’ll survive but android is sooooo wack.. I’ve had the priv before and couldn’t last no more then 2-3 months with it. The PKB was by far the worst on any blackberry.
    11-22-17 08:33 PM
    I know I’ll survive but android is sooooo wack.. I’ve had the priv before and couldn’t last no more then 2-3 months with it. The PKB was by far the worst on any blackberry.
    Luckily, they're just phones.....
    11-22-17 08:51 PM
    Microsoft's only way back into the smartphone business, is to start selling BlackBerry BB10 phones on their website! (and stores).
    Badum-tsss!! 😝
    11-22-17 08:59 PM
    Luckily, they're just phones.....
    Thank goooooodd!...
    11-22-17 10:03 PM
    Don't listen to all the naysayers. BB is just getting it right and doesn't care to let itself be pushed into meeting only part of their quality commitments. It has to be compatible with all their pre-Android hardware.

You'll see it as soon as 10.3.4 is PlayBook ready. BB promised BB10 on the PlayBook and 10.3.4 is how they'll bring everyone back in the fold.
    Chuck, are you speaking tongue in cheek or serious? I thought that the PlayBook format/device died before BlackBerry even started the earliest BB10 releases? If they actually still exist and are supposed to eventually be able to run 10.3.3 I would seriously look at getting one to replace the Kindle Fire HD8 I bought a few years ago! It's fine for reading or looking at things on Amazon's site but it is even more intrusive than an actual android device in regards to the permissions required for using it mean that they get to see everything you ever do with the things! So for me at least it's totally useless for any other uses! I'm not about to log on to any site that needs a password, so it's useless for checking my email, or doing much else with it. Initially I had the idea of getting one of the cases that include a BT pkb and then could use it instead of my laptop for short trips. IF I had another device that gave me the same power to block every single app from seeing or modifying things that are none of their business, I'd like it. As is, I plan to stick with BlackBerry 10 devices to the bitter end. Has nothing to do with not wanting change, and everything to do with the way I despise google ravenously tries to get every scrap of info possible about their users! They have nothing to offer that I want or use. I switched from their search engine to Duckduckgo several years ago and find the same or better results than I got from them. I have a paid email provider that doesn't data mine my emails to sell to advertisers or the scuzzy information brokers who gather all possible data even beyond what google does. The way I view it, unless I derive an actual benefit, then I'm unwilling to allow companies to make money by selling my privacy when I don't see a single cent of the profit. Other than apps that make their profits from showing non targeted ads, I avoid "free" apps. I'd rather pay for the app since in every other kind of app that's free, it's because YOU are the product being sold...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-23-17 12:06 AM
    Chuck, are you speaking tongue in cheek or serious? I thought that the PlayBook format/device died before BlackBerry even started the earliest BB10 releases? If they actually still exist and are supposed to eventually be able to run 10.3.3 I would seriously look at getting one to replace the Kindle Fire HD8 I bought a few years ago! It's fine for reading or looking at things on Amazon's site but it is even more intrusive than an actual android device in regards to the permissions required for using it mean that they get to see everything you ever do with the things! So for me at least it's totally useless for any other uses! I'm not about to log on to any site that needs a password, so it's useless for checking my email, or doing much else with it. Initially I had the idea of getting one of the cases that include a BT pkb and then could use it instead of my laptop for short trips. IF I had another device that gave me the same power to block every single app from seeing or modifying things that are none of their business, I'd like it. As is, I plan to stick with BlackBerry 10 devices to the bitter end. Has nothing to do with not wanting change, and everything to do with the way I despise google ravenously tries to get every scrap of info possible about their users! They have nothing to offer that I want or use. I switched from their search engine to Duckduckgo several years ago and find the same or better results than I got from them. I have a paid email provider that doesn't data mine my emails to sell to advertisers or the scuzzy information brokers who gather all possible data even beyond what google does. The way I view it, unless I derive an actual benefit, then I'm unwilling to allow companies to make money by selling my privacy when I don't see a single cent of the profit. Other than apps that make their profits from showing non targeted ads, I avoid "free" apps. I'd rather pay for the app since in every other kind of app that's free, it's because YOU are the product being sold...

Damn... I told you Chuck...
    Lol...

Nothing like my SE
    11-23-17 12:28 AM

Really Scuba? I was being tongue in cheek to a Finley convert. At same time, I was feeding into another BB promise that was never ever meant to be kept. Tablet was rolled out to keep BB looking relevant at same time iPad and iPad minis captured media attention.

Your right about how we're paying for stuff with our personal information. But it's like paying for stuff cash or card. People like cards and retailers don't like the expense (1-3%). Consumers pay higher but hidden price and that's just how it goes.

Unless we leave society and go off the grid completely, we're being tracked everywhere. Our media consumption with most forms of TV and radio now. Our food consumption through grocery stores and waste disposal.

You're politely fighting one form of data collection and ignoring the much greater and more significant forms of data collection.

That's one reason I picked my user name....
    11-23-17 08:52 AM
    I do find the keyboard less pleasing than my Classic's.
    I had a 9810 Torch slider before that and I think I like the PRIV's better than the 9810 - bigger keys.

So, yes, the keyboard is less than ideal - I figured that it was a reasonable price to pay for being able to have a PKB phone with Android. I had an app that I viewed as critical for work that I just couldn't get to work on the Classic - at that point, the superiority of the Classic's keyboard becomes a moot point!
    11-23-17 09:15 AM
33 12